Paulding.com

Rickey Bryan Cotton, age 50, of Dallas, passed away on Thursday, November 29, 2007. He was born in Munford, AL, on July 1, 1957, and was preceded in death by his parents, Homer E. & Mary Elizabeth Cotton and brother, Homer Cotton, Jr. Mr. Cotton graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Auburn University in 1980 and began research work with Georgia Tech in June of that same year until the present. He received his Master’s degree in EE from Georgia Tech in March of 1983. Mr. Cotton was very active in his church, Mountain View in Marietta and was most recently involved with the AWANA clubs serving as line judge and circle director for regional games.

Survivors include his wife, Annette Cotton of Dallas; sons, Thomas A. Cotton of Dallas and John B. Cotton of Dallas; daughters, Jenny Cotton of Kennesaw, Sarah Cotton of Acworth, and Rebekah Cotton of Dallas; sisters, Judy Robinson of Munford, AL, and Brenda Cotton of Talladega, AL; sister-in-law, Helen Cotton of Pell City, AL; and nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, December 1, 2007. from Clark Funeral Home, at 2:00 p.m., with Dr. Byron Morgan, Reverend Alan Graham, Mr. Brian Crowe, and Mr. Barry Mitchell officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Angel Tree Prison Fellowship, P. O. Box 1550, Merrifield, VA 22116-1550 or Awana Clubs International, ATTN: Northwest Georgia Missionaries, P. O. Box 987, Streamwood, IL 60107.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

73 Rickey. I'm happy that you are now cancer-free and in a place where you will be pain-free. You will be remembered for your contribution to amateur radio, and will be kept in memory as a silent key.

I heard this song on the radio yesterday and it was in my mind all day. Turns out that it came on around the time that you left this earth.

Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

I know this family well. Please keep them in your prayers.

Annette has been sending family and friends daily email updates. Yesterday, she sat at her computer and typed an email to her friends and family that her husband had gone home. I can only imagine her pain, and pray that if that day ever comes for me that I could have that strength that can only come from our Soveriegn Lord.

Bless you Cotton family.

73 Rickey. I'm happy that you are now cancer-free and in a place where you will be pain-free. You will be remembered for your contribution to amateur radio, and will be kept in memory as a silent key.

I heard this song on the radio yesterday and it was in my mind all day. Turns out that it came on around the time that you left this earth.

Chris Tomlin - Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

What a great song and such a wonderful tribute to your friend. Prayers said for his family and friends during this difficult time - may you always keep and treasure your memories of your loved one.