Paulding.com

Harold Carruth, age 75, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Monday, June 18, 2007. A native of Paulding County, he was born on May 25, 1932, to the late Norman & Christine Cochran Carruth. Besides his parents, he was also preceded in death by a brother, Hugh Carruth. Mr. Carruth was a U. S. Army Veteran of the Korean War. He worked for the Addison Corporation in Atlanta for 23 years and then was the owner of Carruth Lumber & Moulding for 20 years. Mr. Carruth was a member of Narroway Baptist Church.

Survivors include his wife of 52 years, Jo Ellen Corley Carruth of Dallas; son & daughter-in-law, Tim & Brigette Carruth of Dallas; daughter & son-in-law, Candy & Johnny Aiken of Dallas; brother & sister-in-law, Jimmy & Jan Carruth of Dallas; sister-in-law, Barbara Carruth of Dallas; grandchildren, Kristin Aiken Collins & husband Rusty, Alisha Aiken Collins & husband Matt, Chase Carruth and Cameron Carruth; great-grandchildren, Fisher Harold Collins and Sawyer Collins; aunt, Carolyn Cochran Monk of Dallas; nieces, Rhonda Payne, Renee Morris, Becky Tarbush, Beth Jones and Erica Parish; nephew, Eli Sorrells; and numerous other family members.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, June 21, 2007, at 3:00pm, from Narroway Baptist Church, with Pastor Todd Tibbitts, Reverend Hershel Tibbitts and Dr. Greg Potts officiating. (Mr. Carruth will lie-in-state at the church from 2:30pm until the service time.) Interment will follow in the church cemetery. Trever Wills, Eli Sorrells, Jeremy Morris, Jonah Morris, Josh Story, Tyler Story, Jason Tarbush and Jonathan Jones will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday from 4:00pm until 9:00pm.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Narroway Baptist Church Cemetery, c/o Trent Tibbitts, 720 Mountain Road, Dallas, GA 30132.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, Ga, is in charge of arrangements.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

A finer man I have never known. Anyone who didn't get the pleasure of knowing Mr. Carruth has truly missed a blessing. My heart goes out to Joe Ellen, Tim, Brigette, Chase, Cameron, Johnny, Candy, Kristen, Rusty, Fisher, Sawyer, Alisha, Matt and the rest of that MASSIVE and wonderful family.

A finer man I have never known. Anyone who didn't get the pleasure of knowing Mr. Carruth has truly missed a blessing. My heart goes out to Joe Ellen, Tim, Brigette, Chase, Cameron, Johnny, Candy, Kristen, Rusty, Fisher, Sawyer, Alisha, Matt and the rest of that MASSIVE and wonderful family.

I couldn't have said it better.

Harold Carruth will be missed by many of us.

This man and his family have been a blessing to many people in Paulding Co. Our thoughts and prayers will be with his family during this difficult time. May God bless each one on you and know that you are loved by many.

Mr. Carruth was a special man and will be missed by many. I met him a few years ago while working in Paulding County and he was just a wonderful man, full of integrity. He loved his family and was just a joy to be around.

To the entire family of Harold Carruth...you are in my prayers. May God give you the strength that you need to make it through this difficult time.

I just got home from Jo Ellen's.

Each family member had a memory of this humble man that we enjoyed sharing.

He is my uncle, and I have spent many hours in the company of his family.

Other than my own father, I have never met a man that is more respected than Harold!

I've never heard him say an unkind word about anyone or anything!

My prayers are with each of them, and I love them very much!

Though I married into this family, I have never felt more love and support from a group of people than the Corleys. They have always treated me as one of their own. I feel so blessed to have them all in my life.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.

Though I married into this family, I have never felt more love and support from a group of people than the Corleys. They have always treated me as one of their own. I feel so blessed to have them all in my life.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.

Awwwwwwww! How sweet! :wub:

Thanks for the pinwheels, and for coming to the funeral home!