Paulding.com

Libertarian heralded for District 30

Pubby, I have an update on who else is running in the race. The next candidate, his name is James Camp from Carroll County. He will be running as a Libertarian candidate. He posted this on Facebook:

"Dear Fellow Libertrians,

My name is James Camp and I am running for the State Senate District 30 Seat formerly held by the Honorable Bill Hamrick. Judge Gideon J. Tucker once wrote. "No Person's Life, Liberty, or Property are safe while the legislature is in session". With so much at stake for the upcoming 2013 -2014 legislative session, those words couldn't be further from the truth. People and small businesses are going through some really tough times and distrust of our leaders in the government is at an all time high. We often hear from our elected officials that we need experienced, professional politicians to run the government. In the past 8 years or more we have seen the expansion of government, further erosion of our liberties and our state sovereignty, and the deficits have grown to disastrous proportions. All of this is courtesy of our experience, professional politicians.

A little bit about myself, I was born in a small community north of Rome, Georgia called Armuchee. I graduated from Douglas County High School in 1998 and went on to attend college at the Art Institute of Atlanta. After College I moved to rural Carroll County in 2001. I currently reside in Temple with my wife of 7 ½ years, the jewel of southeast Asia, Misa. I work in Carrollton as an IT Technician for a small business. As I made friends through out the county, I slowly began to take an interest in politics and found out just how political this county was. I started to become involved in the political scene when I learned that the county commission was taking up an ordinance to ban discharging of firearms on private property at the behest of a developer. Since I am an avid target shooter and sportsman, this would have directly affected me. I was at disbelief that a private developer had the ability to enlist the police power of government to achieve his goals. Thankfully, the ordinance was eventually repealed by an out pouring of citizen advocacy that was just epic. Needless to say this lit a fire under me and prompted me to band together with 5 other like minded individuals to take on 2nd amendment issues. After tedious research of Georgia laws on the carrying and possession of firearms and how overly board and vague some of those laws were, GeorgiaCarry.org was formed. During my tenure with GeorgiaCarry, we have been in successful in overturning some of those draconian laws that otherwise prevented peaceful, law-abiding citizen from legally carrying weapons in order to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. I still continue to serve on GeorgiaCarry's board of directors still to this day.

Carroll County has been blessed to have good representation at the General Assembly. I feel that I am the appropriate person of the job because I don't represent the entrenched politician. I am representative of citizen advocacy. This position needs someone held in high regards to integrity, character, morals, and ethics. I believe that in a government made up of its citizens, those people serving in positions within the government are subordinate to its citizens. The fundamental role of government is the protection of its citizens from enemies, foreign and domestic, and the republic. I believe in a constitutionally limited government that promotes maximum individual freedom and liberty. I feel that the use of force by the police power of government to achieve economic and social goals is morally and ethically wrong. Individuals should be free to do as they wish as long as their actions don't affect the life, liberty, or property of their fellow citizen. Personal responsibility should be the rule of the day and not government control.

I cannot empahsize how important this election is. There will be a special Republican Primary Election on November 6th. Whomever comes out of that election will face me at the special general election on January 8th, 2013. If you value limited government with maximum freedom and liberty in addition to accountibility and transparency and you live in Carroll, Douglas, or Paulding counties, then I am humbly asking for your support and your vote on January 8th, 2013. Thank you and God bless."

Here you go, please add this to the next news article regarding the Senate District 30 election. Thank you!

P.S. This is his web site: www.votejamescamp.com

Edited by PUBBY
please no live links to non-paying political members