Paulding.com

Was it worth it in the end

We lost the only source of news in a county that suffers from a lack of news. We lost the only affordable advertising for small business. We lost all the fun and comraderies.

It comes down to the persistent arguments of politics and religion.

It was pervasive and effected every part of the site. 

There were hardly ever any discussions, there were arguments, many nasty and almost impossible to moderate.

My focus was always the news and commerce I felt it was a true service to the community.

I have gone back and looked at so many threads and all the fun.

Towards the end the persistence of those topics and the destruction they created began to get to me.

I likened it to allowing someone yo walk into your home or business and take a dump in the middle of it.

I see the destructiveness of it on all social media and overall to our country in general.

We should have stuck to the rules of polite society. Paulding county would still have a news source and small business would have a chance to get a start here.

Now all we get are corporate business and politicians that freely do what they please.

Nobodies mind ever got changed enemies were made and kept even to this day.

I said long ago these people will destroy what they can not control.

This is the purpose of religion and politics, to control people. 

History is full of examples were both have destroyed and killed what they could not control.

Paulding.com did not stand a chance, it became consumed and eventually destroyed by these 2 things and the ability to persuade people that in the end it was not worth it.

I became some what bitter towards the end, I felt powerless to stop what was happening.