Paulding.com

Mr. Dennis Wallace Compton

Funeral Services for Mr. Dennis Wallace Compton, age 53, of Powder Springs, Ga. (Paulding County) will be held Friday, August 30, 2013, 11:00 AM at Powder Springs City Cemetery. Visitation for Mr. Compton will be Thursday, August 29, 2013, 5:00 - 9:00 P.M. at Benson Funeral Home.

Mr. Compton is survived by: Son, Mr. Dustin Compton of Hiram, Ga.; Son, mr. Brian Compton of Houston, Tx.; Sister, Ms. Sandra Moody of Acworth, Ga.; Sister, Mr. and Mrs. Pat (Sharon) Banks of Acworth, Ga.; Sister, Ms. Sheila Haggard of Powder Springs, Ga.;Brother, Mr. and Mrs. Darrell (Sandra) Compton of Marietta, Ga.; Nieces and Nephews, Karl Heisman, Knoxie Parker, Stacy Heisman, Greg Corbin.

Mr. Compton was preceded in death by: Parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.D. (Elsie Lorraine Stowers) Compton; Sister, Mrs. Shirley Heisman.

Benson Funeral Home, Inc.

309 Hardee Street

Dallas, Ga. 30132

www.Bensonfuneralhome.net

If I had seen this sooner, I would have dropped in during the visitation. I knew Dennis for a short period of time after my mail route was adjusted and I started delivering to his street. He would frequently receive packages for his model train collection, so I saw him often. Dennis was a super nice guy. I guess it was about two years ago when I found out from a neighbor that Dennis had a stroke, wasn't doing well and would spend the rest of his days at a nursing home.