Paulding.com

REBUILT mowers for sale by this weekend

Folks, like I mentioned earlier on about a month ago, 75% of business this year has been people looking for rebuilt mowers. I can no longer keep track of the demand, so the best I can do is this- I have perhaps 3 push mowers that will be available by this weekend. Please PM me if you are in the market, and I will contact you. PM's or emails only. I simply cannot keep track of potential buyers via phone, as I am on the road most of the day performing mobile service calls. The only way I can keep track of people to call is either email or PM, which my secretary will be on the lookout for, and will call each person as the mowers become available.

That said, I am grateful and even flattered that word has gotten out that I don't sell junk, or "flea market" equipment. All mowers have been repaired and are in great working order at the time I sell them. I do my best to keep everyone satisfied, however, sales are "as-is". If you want something with a seasonal 6 month warranty, I can do this, but it costs more. To clarify my point and policy, I get calls from people who have purchased a mower, and their first statement is (it ran great until it ran out of gas, then I refilled it and it won't run now).

Folks, I STRESS the fact that E10 gasoline has a shelf life of 60-90 days...usually 60. Mixing fresh gas with just a small amount of BAD GAS will still crud everything up. My "rule of thumb, unwritten warranty" extends to machines not working before the first time of use (which needs to be within a week of buying) and it DOES NOT cover using old, stale gasoline. Mechanical-wise, sure I take of people, no doubt. But I can't be responsible for owner error, and especially someone using OLD, STALE E10 FUEL. I stand by my work, and every mower sold has undergone rigorous testing to insure its quality. But, being in this business for so many years, I'm very adept at knowing what went wrong with something sold, and whether it's my fault or operator error.

Finally, I plan to have 2-4 mowers ready by this weekend. PM if you want to be contacted when they are ready. The highest bidder always wins, and I will continue to provide our community with reliable rebuilt equipment. My best buyers are 7 year long regular customers who know that I do not sell junk, and I will make sure the buyer is satisfied within the guidelines aforementioned in this thread.

Tips-

Riding mowers- DO NOT cut the grass TOO LOW as to put a strain on the mower's blades, belt and other parts on the deck, as well as possibly damaging the deck, belts, and spindles that hold the blades. When getting tall grass under control, always cut at a higher level. Lower levels should only be used AFTER the tall stuff is under control. Blades can cost up to $20 a piece, and riders have anywhere from 2 to 3 blades. The belts can run as high as $60, not to mention the labor replacing them. Save yourself some money and be practical by heeding this advice. ;)

Push mowers- (See above) Not only does this apply, but on self propelled mowers, you are hacking into the life of the drive belt by cutting more grass (taller and thicker) than your mower may be designed to handle. Example- Honda push mowers cut extremely smooth and even, BUT DID YOU KNOW...Honda engines are usually less than HALF the horsepower and torque of a standard 6 HP Briggs and Stratton engine?? You can quickly end the life of the mower by demanding more than it was designed for. All lawns are different, i.e. Bermuda grasses and sods are very thick and require more power to cut.

This thread is simply an attempt to educate the consumer on how to make their mowers last many years, if properly maintained each season, which you can do yourself, or I am always happy to do for you in a quick time frame at the lowest cost you'll find anywhere, without sacrificing any quality whatsoever. :)

Folks, like I mentioned earlier on about a month ago, 75% of business this year has been people looking for rebuilt mowers. I can no longer keep track of the demand, so the best I can do is this- I have perhaps 3 push mowers that will be available by this weekend. Please PM me if you are in the market, and I will contact you. PM's or emails only. I simply cannot keep track of potential buyers via phone, as I am on the road most of the day performing mobile service calls. The only way I can keep track of people to call is either email or PM, which my secretary will be on the lookout for, and will call each person as the mowers become available.

That said, I am grateful and even flattered that word has gotten out that I don't sell junk, or "flea market" equipment. All mowers have been repaired and are in great working order at the time I sell them. I do my best to keep everyone satisfied, however, sales are "as-is". If you want something with a seasonal 6 month warranty, I can do this, but it costs more. To clarify my point and policy, I get calls from people who have purchased a mower, and their first statement is (it ran great until it ran out of gas, then I refilled it and it won't run now).

Folks, I STRESS the fact that E10 gasoline has a shelf life of 60-90 days...usually 60. Mixing fresh gas with just a small amount of BAD GAS will still crud everything up. My "rule of thumb, unwritten warranty" extends to machines not working before the first time of use (which needs to be within a week of buying) and it DOES NOT cover using old, stale gasoline. Mechanical-wise, sure I take of people, no doubt. But I can't be responsible for owner error, and especially someone using OLD, STALE E10 FUEL. I stand by my work, and every mower sold has undergone rigorous testing to insure its quality. But, being in this business for so many years, I'm very adept at knowing what went wrong with something sold, and whether it's my fault or operator error.

Finally, I plan to have 2-4 mowers ready by this weekend. PM if you want to be contacted when they are ready. The highest bidder always wins, and I will continue to provide our community with reliable rebuilt equipment. My best buyers are 7 year long regular customers who know that I do not sell junk, and I will make sure the buyer is satisfied within the guidelines aforementioned in this thread.

Tips-

Riding mowers- DO NOT cut the grass TOO LOW as to put a strain on the mower's blades, belt and other parts on the deck, as well as possibly damaging the deck, belts, and spindles that hold the blades. When getting tall grass under control, always cut at a higher level. Lower levels should only be used AFTER the tall stuff is under control. Blades can cost up to $20 a piece, and riders have anywhere from 2 to 3 blades. The belts can run as high as $60, not to mention the labor replacing them. Save yourself some money and be practical by heeding this advice. ;)

Push mowers- (See above) Not only does this apply, but on self propelled mowers, you are hacking into the life of the drive belt by cutting more grass (taller and thicker) than your mower may be designed to handle. Example- Honda push mowers cut extremely smooth and even, BUT DID YOU KNOW...Honda engines are usually less than HALF the horsepower and torque of a standard 6 HP Briggs and Stratton engine?? You can quickly end the life of the mower by demanding more than it was designed for. All lawns are different, i.e. Bermuda grasses and sods are very thick and require more power to cut.

This thread is simply an attempt to educate the consumer on how to make their mowers last many years, if properly maintained each season, which you can do yourself, or I am always happy to do for you in a quick time frame at the lowest cost you'll find anywhere, without sacrificing any quality whatsoever. :)

I've been lucky with my Craftsman mower. I've had it for 8 years and other than changing a carburetor, the only maintenance has been oil, sparkplug, air filter, and blade changes. If I run into something I can't handle, I won't hesitate to use your services.

I've been lucky with my Craftsman mower. I've had it for 8 years and other than changing a carburetor, the only maintenance has been oil, sparkplug, air filter, and blade changes. If I run into something I can't handle, I won't hesitate to use your services.

And I'll be here if you need me. Good for you though, all it takes is some general maintenance to make them last a generation.

And I'll be here if you need me. Good for you though, all it takes is some general maintenance to make them last a generation.

If I can maintain a simple push mower, anybody can.

ONE MORE LEFT....MURRAY 22" PUSH MOWER FOR $75.