Paulding.com

Mrs. Vernell Ragsdale

Funeral Services for Mrs. Vernell Ragsdale, age 76, of Dallas, Ga. will be held Monday, October 18, 2010, 1:00 P.M. at First Baptist Church of Dallas. Dr. Gregg Potts will officiate. Eulogy by Dr. Harvey Sacks.

Pallbearers will be: Mr. Jason Ragsdale, Mr. Justin Ragsdale, Mr. Mike Huff, Mr. Richard Huff, Mr. Wayne Barber, Mr. Mike Fuller, Mr. Boyd Austin, Mr. Barry Ragsdale and Mr. Ken McMichen.

Special recognition to the Dorcas Sunday School Class at Dallas First Baptist Church.

Interment will follow at Peaceful Meadows Memorial Park Cemetery.

Visitation for Mrs. Ragsdale will be Sunday, October 17, 2010, 2:00-8:00 P.M. and Monday, October 18, 2010 until 12:30 P.M.

Mrs. Ragsdale is survived by: Husband, Mr. A.O. "Sam" Ragsdale, Sr. of Dallas, Ga.; Sons, Mr. and Mrs. A.O. "Art" (Robin) Ragsdale of Rockmart, Ga. and Mr. and Mrs. Alan (Marilyn) Ragsdale of Dallas, Ga.; Grandchildren, Mr.and Mrs. Jason (Aimee) Rasdale, Mr. and Mrs. Chris (Julie) Boyd; Mr. Justin Ragsdale, Miss Jessica Ragsdale; Great Grandchildren, Lindsey Boyd, Landon Boyd and Kensey Ragsdale; Sisters, Mrs. Savannah Butler of Dallas, Ga. and Mrs. Edna Huff of Dallas, Ga.; Nieces and Nephews.

Preceded in death by: Parents, Mr. and Mrs. Dewey (Irene Sosebee) Lawrence; Sisters, Mrs. Mary Barber and Mrs. Cornelia Strickland; Brother, Mr. Buck Lawrence; Niece, Mrs. Eugenia Bryant; Nephew, Mr. Ronald Strickland.

In lieu of flowers, donations to Dallas First Baptist Church Building Fund.

Benson Funeral Home, Inc.

309 Hardee Street

Dallas, Ga. 30132

www.Bensonfuneralhome.net

I respectably claim Vernell as one of my dearest and longest friends in Paulding County. She was one of the first people that I met when I came to Paulding Co for an interview to come to join two other Doctors. She gave me a tour of the new hospital and introduced me to some of the personnel. She was very professional and a down to earth type person, and I can truly say that she helped influence me to come and stay in this county. We spent many years working together making patient visits, delivering babies,assisting in surgery, and seeing patients in the emergency room.If I needed to know who certain people were I could count on her for the family history. I would like to say that I never heard her speak unkindly about anyone.

Vernell-you will be missed in this county, and your gain is our loss. You were a true friend, and I shall never forget you. May God bless you and your family.

John M Covington MD

What a great tribute to a wonderful lady there was at the funeral home today. People stood in line and shared fond memories and experiences of Vernell. She raised 2 wonderful men and made an impact on all of our lives!

We had the Lawrence family reunion 3 weeks ago. Vernell cooked some tasty food and made a delicious coconut cake. We would have never guessed that 3 weeks later we would have lost our precious aunt.

She was a very special person, and will be missed so much!

Vernell, you were a very special lady and a great nurse to mentor myself after. I worked with you for 25 years and have known you even longer, you will truly be missed here on earth. I am a little jealous that God has you in his arms and we have to miss you here, but one day we will all rejoice together.