Paulding.com

Marketing Matters from SkyFire Designs, offering Websites and Blogs in Metro Atlanta, GA

Usually, you have between 2 and 6 SECONDS to grab the attention of someone viewing your website.

The first thing the viewer wants to know is if the website is for the type of product or service they were searching for. The second thing they determine is whether the company is serious and professional, which is based on the overall look and layout of the website.

If they stay on your site past the initial 2 to 6 seconds, you have a potential customer. Next, they are going to decide to contact you based on finding the information THEY want to know. “How much does it cost?” and “What do I get for that price?”

Many business owners make the mistake of talking about themselves and giving information they want the potential customer to know. This gives the message, “I think my business is great, and so should you.” In this case, it’s all about the business.

Potential customers or clients only want to know how your products or services are beneficial to them. So first answer the question, “What’s in it for you, the customer?”. Explain how your products or services meet their needs. Develop your content to show that you understand their needs and how you can meet them.

If you are having a hard time developing your website content or marketing materials specifically from the client’s point of view, get some help! At SkyFire Designs, we help you create your content based on the information your potential customers want to know. Content development comes standard with all of our websites, so you don’t have to worry about being charged more for copywriting.