Paulding.com

Ruth Wright Bagby, age 88, of Dallas, GA, passed away Tuesday, June 1, 2010. She was born December 20, 1921, in Carroll County, the daughter of Fred and Annie Lou Wright. She was raised in Paulding County and graduated from Dallas High School in 1939. She married her childhood sweetheart, George T. Bagby (former State Representative & Statesman), on April 7, 1940 and they were married for 51 years. Ruth was a licensed Practical Nurse and worked for Dr. Thomas Taylor and at Douglas County Hospital for several years. She learned the income tax preparation business while working in her husband’s law office. She was a self-taught accountant and retired from her own business “Bagby Tax and Bookkeeping Service” in 1987. Ruth was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Dallas, where she taught Sunday school for many years. She was a Brownie Scout and Girl Scout leader, a Cub Scout leader, and was very active in her children’s school activities.

Survivors include her sons & daughter-in-law, Jeff Bagby of Port St. Joe, FL, and Tommy & Vicky Bagby of Dallas, GA; daughter, Judy Bagby & Ruth Huggins of Hiram, GA; granddaughter, Jenni Bagby; grandson, Kyle Bagby; great-granddaughters, Haley Romines and Hannah Chasteen; step-grandsons, Jeff Rakestraw and Chris Rakestraw; several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.

She was predeceased by her husband, George, two sisters and two brothers.

Funeral services will be Friday, June 4, 2010, at 11:00 AM, from Clark Funeral Home, with Reverend Steve Schofield and Mr. George Pennebaker officiating. Honorary pallbearers will be Mike Scott, Jeff Rakestraw, Greg Kilgore, Michael Hutchinson, Lee Willingham and Marty Hutchinson. Entombment will follow at a later date from Dallas City Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Thursday, June 3, 2010, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Flowers will be accepted or donations may be made in memory of Ruth to: First United Methodist Church of Dallas Building Fund,

141 E. Memorial Drive, Dallas, GA 30132.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Mrs. Bagby shared a room at the nursing home with my great grandmother. My lil man LOVED Mrs. Bagby like a grandmother. We made it a point to visit as often as we could to see MawMaw and Mrs.Bagby and I will never ever forget all the times she would ask me to clip,file and paint her little finger nails. She always told us she loved us and Hayden would make sure he gave her and MawMaw kisses and tight squeezes before we left. :( Our thoughts and Prayers are with the family and all the friends we may not know. She was a wonderful and very sweet lady and we are going to miss her so much but she is in a far better place than us.

Please keep this wonderful family in your prayers over the next few days and if you dont mind keep my MawMaw in your prayers also as she lost her best friend. :(

George and Ruth Bagby are related to me through my mother.George was my mom's second cousin.I remember meeting Ms.Ruth many years ago .She was a very sweet person and will be missed by all who knew her,but have comfort in knowing she is in a better place.