Paulding.com

I saw Herbert Ragsdale's name today, and wanted to let anyone who new him know. He Lived on Westminster Way in Dallas, with his darling wife Charolette.

He was my next door neighbor, for several years, a wonderful, sweet older Gentelman. And a great gardner! You will be really missed, Herbert.

The family thanks you for your thoughtfulness and kind words. He was relieved of his suffering Easter Sunday and would have been 80 years old today, April Fool's day 2005.

Not only did he love gardening, he also loved to make people laugh, but most of all loved his wife and family. He was very patriotic and a most proud World War II Veteran. As a young man he was an avid hunter and had many "good" bird dogs. This man was truley a character and unique individual. As a boy he had a pet flying squirrel he would carry to school with him in his overalls pocket. He collected many arrowheads and other Native American artifacts, as well as Civil War relics through the years. I can't think of anyone who knew more about Paulding County history and it's families. He is sorely missed.