Paulding.com

Cultural Arts Workshops for Children

DCA Workshops

November – December 2009

We have new workshops starting here at the Dallas Cultural Arts! You can choose from Art, Theatre, and Spanish. All workshops will be starting the 1st of November and run through the end of the year- no class the week of Thanksgiving.

Interested in music lessons? Private Music is continual and you can start at any time! Give us a call or come by for more information and registration.

Kids: 2-4 yrs.

Art: “Make & Take”, Thursday 4:00 pm

Six weeks: 1 hour per week

This fun class is designed for young artists. Each week students will complete a different project that they will be able to take home. Children will have an opportunity to experiment with a wide range of materials and techniques.

Junior: 5-7 yrs.

Theatre: “Creative V.I.B.E.S”, Tuesday 5:00 pm

The Creative V.I.B.E.S is a fun-filled class study of Voice, Imagination, Body language, Ensemble, & Story line using drama games and theatre basics.

Art: “Explore & Experiment”, Tuesday 5:00 pm

In this class students will learn about the artwork of a different artist each week. Students will then explore and experiment with techniques employed by these artists as they create their own masterpieces.

Youth: 8-11 yrs.

Spanish: “Beginner Basics”, Monday 5:00 pm

Lessons consist of a dynamic teaching of basic vocabulary such as numbers, colors, days of the week etc., using a variety of teaching tools: music, videos and art, among others.

Theatre: “Act 2”, Wednesday 5:00 pm

Using the V.I.B.E.S. that we developed in “Act 1”, we will delve more into scene work, and character development in “Act 2”.

Art: “Printmaking”, Thursday 5:00 pm

In this class students will experiment with a wide variety of simple, but impressive printmaking techniques.