Paulding.com

Melba Mitchell Twilley, age 88, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Monday, April 13, 2009. A native of Paulding County, she was born November 30, 1920, and was preceded in death by her parents, Jesse Parks Mitchell & Aubrey Williams Mitchell; husband, William Edward “Bill” Twilley; daughter, Janice Lagana; and grandson-in-law, Mike Akers. Mrs. Twilley worked as a lab technician at Paulding Memorial Hospital and Medical Arts Hospital for 25 years. She served on the original Paulding Memorial Hospital Board. Mrs. Twilley was a member of Burnt Hickory United Methodist Church.

Survivors include her sons & daughters-in-law, Darrell & Vivian Twilley of Dallas and Ronnie & Sarah Twilley of Dallas; daughter & son-in-law, Nancy & Sonny Aiken of Dallas; son-in-law, Joe Lagana of Acworth; brother, Eugene & Betty Mitchell of Gastonia, NC; eight grandchildren; thirteen great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, April 15, 2009, at 2:00 pm, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Reverend Jimmy Tibbitts officiating. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. Jess Twilley, Jonas Lagana, Todd Chambley, Nathan Gamel, Bryce Bell, and Nelson Hulsey will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Tuesday from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Melba Mitchell Twilley, age 88, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Monday, April 13, 2009. A native of Paulding County, she was born November 30, 1920, and was preceded in death by her parents, Jesse Parks Mitchell & Aubrey Williams Mitchell; husband, William Edward “Bill” Twilley; daughter, Janice Lagana; and grandson-in-law, Mike Akers. Mrs. Twilley worked as a lab technician at Paulding Memorial Hospital and Medical Arts Hospital for 25 years. She served on the original Paulding Memorial Hospital Board. Mrs. Twilley was a member of Burnt Hickory United Methodist Church.

Survivors include her sons & daughters-in-law, Darrell & Vivian Twilley of Dallas and Ronnie & Sarah Twilley of Dallas; daughter & son-in-law, Nancy & Sonny Aiken of Dallas; son-in-law, Joe Lagana of Acworth; brother, Eugene & Betty Mitchell of Gastonia, NC; eight grandchildren; thirteen great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, April 15, 2009, at 2:00 pm, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Reverend Jimmy Tibbitts officiating. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. Jess Twilley, Jonas Lagana, Todd Chambley, Nathan Gamel, Bryce Bell, and Nelson Hulsey will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Tuesday from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

TO THE MELBA TWILLEY FAMILY;

IT IS AN HONOR AND PLEASURE FOR ME TO PAY A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO MELBA. I HAVE KNOW MELBA FOR OVER 50 YEARS AS A FRIEND, EMPLOYEE, AND FELLOW WORKER AT PAULDING MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. MOST RECENTLY SHE WAS INVALUABLE AS A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE THAT HAS WORKED FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS CREATING A HISTORY OF THE HOSPITALS IN PAULDING COUNTY WHICH IS NOW ON DISPLAY IN THE LOWER LOBBY OF THE WELLSTAR PAULDING HOSPITAL. SHE CAN BE SEEN AND HEARD ON THE DVD THAT IS WITH THIS DISPLAY.

MELBA WAS ON THE FIRST HOSPITAL BOARD THAT WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN GETTING THE HILL-BURTON HOSPITAL THAT SO MANY OF US WORKED IN FOR MANY YEARS. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT SHE WAS AT LEAST PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BEING HERE. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE NEW STATE OF THE ART HOSPITAL I WOULD NOT HAVE COME TO PAULDING COUNTY. AS AN EMPLOYEE SHE WAS EFFECIENT, DEPENDABLE, AND ALWAYS WILLING DAY OR NIGHT TO DO THE LABORATORY WORK NECESSARY FOR SURGERY AND DIAGNOSIS.

THANKS MELBA FOR BEING SUCH A FINE FRIEND, EMPLOYEE, AND BEAUTIFUL CARING LADY. REST IN PEACE

JOHN M COVINGTON MD

• 2 weeks later...
TO THE MELBA TWILLEY FAMILY;

IT IS AN HONOR AND PLEASURE FOR ME TO PAY A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO MELBA. I HAVE KNOW MELBA FOR OVER 50 YEARS AS A FRIEND, EMPLOYEE, AND FELLOW WORKER AT PAULDING MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. MOST RECENTLY SHE WAS INVALUABLE AS A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE THAT HAS WORKED FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS CREATING A HISTORY OF THE HOSPITALS IN PAULDING COUNTY WHICH IS NOW ON DISPLAY IN THE LOWER LOBBY OF THE WELLSTAR PAULDING HOSPITAL. SHE CAN BE SEEN AND HEARD ON THE DVD THAT IS WITH THIS DISPLAY.

MELBA WAS ON THE FIRST HOSPITAL BOARD THAT WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN GETTING THE HILL-BURTON HOSPITAL THAT SO MANY OF US WORKED IN FOR MANY YEARS. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT SHE WAS AT LEAST PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BEING HERE. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE NEW STATE OF THE ART HOSPITAL I WOULD NOT HAVE COME TO PAULDING COUNTY. AS AN EMPLOYEE SHE WAS EFFECIENT, DEPENDABLE, AND ALWAYS WILLING DAY OR NIGHT TO DO THE LABORATORY WORK NECESSARY FOR SURGERY AND DIAGNOSIS.

THANKS MELBA FOR BEING SUCH A FINE FRIEND, EMPLOYEE, AND BEAUTIFUL CARING LADY. REST IN PEACE

JOHN M COVINGTON MD

Thank you DR.Covington for your kind words about my grandmother. It means a great deal to my family and myself that you held her in such high regard.

sincerely,

Laurel Gamel