Paulding.com

SIDING CLAIMS!

You will no longer be able to file for Omni siding after Jan. 6, 2009. So, you need to get on the ball, and let's get your paper work done ASAP.

Here are photos to show you what Omni siding looks like, in great detail. Check this out carefully when you get a chance, and if it looks like this, then do what I call a "business card" check.....take a business card and hold the side of it flush against the siding where the top of the card touches the bottom edge of the board above it. If you see a gap in between the card and the lower edge of the board you almost certainly have Omni siding. (see the pattern shown on the link too)

THIS is the type that can only be claimed on for one more month. So, you want to get it done.

NOTE: I have replaced the link with pictures, because there were some unwritable hardboards in the link, that I failed to notice.

You will no longer be able to file for Omni siding after Jan. 6, 2009. So, you need to get on the ball, and let's get your paper work done ASAP.

This is a link to will show you what Omni siding looks like, in great detail. Check this out carefully when you get a chance, and if it looks like this, then do what I call a "business card" check.....take a business card and hold the side of it flush against the siding where the top of the card touches the bottom edge of the board above it. If you see a gap in between the card and the lower edge of the board you almost certainly have Omni siding. (see the pattern shown on the link too)

THIS is the type that can only be claimed on for one more month. So, you want to get it done.

Here's the link, and please look it over carefully. If you have any additional questions, just call me. The other type of siding will still be valid for next year, but the one's shown on the link, only have a month. So, I'm trying all I can to take care of you folks first if at all possible, before the deadline gets here.

So, please see the link:

Omni Siding

I am pretty sure I have the wodsman Masonite. It is warping and beginning to rot in many places. I have replacd some already with Hardy plank.

I am pretty sure I have the wodsman Masonite. It is warping and beginning to rot in many places. I have replacd some already with Hardy plank.

I would be glad to get you wrote up. Call me in about 20 mins if you would. I need to get a shower right quick.

Please see the initial post. I removed the link because it had some older Masonite's that no longer qualify. So, I posted 2 pics showing the Omni board.

One thing to keep in mind is that Omni does NOT have "knots" in it. Just either straight lines or a "V" pattern like cedarwood.

Sorry about that....just disregard the link and go by the pics. And feel free to send me pics if you are uncertain to glennjiles@comcast.net

Thanks~

Thanks for including the pictures. Unfortunately for us, that's not the type of siding that we have (no woodgrain), but ours does have definite issues. Do you do claims for other types of siding? I have no clue what kind we have or even how to find out. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for including the pictures. Unfortunately for us, that's not the type of siding that we have (no woodgrain), but ours does have definite issues. Do you do claims for other types of siding? I have no clue what kind we have or even how to find out. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

No, I'm sorry, we don't. There remains only two types that can still be claimed on- the Omni, which runs out on Jan 6, 2009, and the ABTco, which will remain claimable for the next 4 years.

I will be putting up pics of the ABTco soon, but the main difference between it and the Omni is that the ABTco has a 90 degree cut from the face of the board, whereas the Omni has a 45 degree cut. This is why you can see a gap between a card and the lower edge of the Omni. If you placed a card against the ABTco, there would be no gap, since it is cut at a "right" or 90 degree angle. Another difference is the ABTco has "knots" and a tighter "V" pattern than Omni.

No, I'm sorry, we don't. There remains only two types that can still be claimed on- the Omni, which runs out on Jan 6, 2009, and the ABTco, which will remain claimable for the next 4 years.

I will be putting up pics of the ABTco soon, but the main difference between it and the Omni is that the ABTco has a 90 degree cut from the face of the board, whereas the Omni has a 45 degree cut. This is why you can see a gap between a card and the lower edge of the Omni. If you placed a card against the ABTco, there would be no gap, since it is cut at a "right" or 90 degree angle. Another difference is the ABTco has "knots" and a tighter "V" pattern than Omni.

Thanks very much for your response. I guess this still leaves us out because if I'm understanding correctly, the ABTco also has a woodgrain pattern and ours doesn't. Parts of ours are really bad so I was hoping that we'd qualify for a claim to help defray some of the cost of replacing all of the siding. I'll just keep it on that looong list of things to do then. Much success to you!