Paulding.com

Charles Glen Baggett, age 86, of Dallas, passed away on Tuesday, October 7, 2008. A native of Paulding County, he was born May 6, 1922, to the late Charlie & Etta Mae Baggett. Mr. Baggett was well-known to many as a builder, instrumental in the construction of Paulding Memorial Hospital and Nursing Unit, where he served on the board for several years. He was later contracted by Paulding Water Authority for service and maintenance. Mr. Baggett was a member of Smyrna United Methodist Church.

Survivors include his wife of 68 years, Eloize Cohran Baggett; daughters & son-in-law, Donna Baggett of Powder Springs, and Neysa & Jerry Keown of Dallas; sister, Doris Camp Baggett of Atlanta; grandchildren, Mark, Julie, Barry and Blake; great-grandchildren, Jonathan, Rachel, Hannah, Lily, Nicole, and Gage; many nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, October 9, 2008, at 4:00pm, from Smyrna United Methodist Church on Buchanan Highway, with Reverend Ted Lankford, Reverend Benny Abney and Reverend Lee Smoller officiating. Interment will follow in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Smyrna United Methodist Church Cemetery Fund, 9199 Buchanan Hwy., Dallas, GA 30157.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

I HAVE KNOWN GLEN FOR ABOUT FIFTY YEARS, AND I AM PROUD TO COUNT HIM AS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS. I KNEW HIM AS A MEMBER OF THE HOSPITAL AUTHORITY, AND I KNEW HIM AS A BUILDER. HE BUILT MY HOME IN DALLAS AS WELL AS THE HOMES OF DR BRALY AND DR WORTHY. YOU COULD DEPEND ON HIM TO DO THE JOB RIGHT. HE WAS A CHRISTIAN GENTLEMAN VERY ACTIVE IN THE SMYRNA METHODIST CHURCH AND MEN'S CLUB. I CAN ATTEST TO HIS HONESTY BY TELLING OF AN INCIDENT WHILE HE WAS BUILDING MY HOUSE. HE SUBMITTED A BILL EVERY SO OFTEN FOR THE WORK COMPLETED. ON ONE OCCASION HE HAD MADE AN ENTRY TWICE FOR THE SAME MATERIALS. HE FOUND THE MISTAKE BEFORE I DID. GLEN COULD HARDLY WAIT TO SEE ME AND CORRECT IT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT A LARGE AMOUNT. HE WAS A PERFECTIONIST.

GLEN IS NOW RESTING IN PEACE AFTER MANY YEARS OF SUFFERING."WELL DONE MY FAITHFUL SERVENT"

MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY

DR JOHN