Paulding.com

My husband just called. He went to get a new battery for the radio. Man is upset due to losing his job and wife leaving. He wont give up. Does not look too good. Keep this man in your prayers! Sometimes people think there is no hope. He needs our prayers for calmness and a piece of mind right now. Our guys will only shoot if fired on again. Walker is a very patient man with extensive knowledge on how to wait things out.

My husband just called. He went to get a new battery for the radio. Man is upset due to losing his job and wife leaving. He wont give up. Does not look too good. Keep this man in your prayers! Sometimes people think there is no hope. He needs our prayers for calmness and a piece of mind right now. Our guys will only shoot if fired on again. Walker is a very patient man with extensive knowledge on how to wait things out.

so does this mean he fired at them once before???

Oh goodness I wish I could talk with this man.. I know how it might seem to be the end of the world but it is not my brother was upset about the very same things and took his life.. so please everyone pray.. I think he is trying to commit suicide via the police.. :(

I did not know what it was! Glad you figured it out. I tried to go get easter stuff at CVS and could not get away from everyone talking about it. I guess keeping you all updated is just as good! Between CVS and my phone ringing I think everyone else knows more than me.

Edited by DentalChick
Thanks for the positive thoughts it not easy to see him sprint out of bed with all his gear and one final kiss for me and the baby before flying off in a car with lights flashing! I guess you never get used to it! I know all of the guys are great and will protect each other!

My Dad is a Deputy for Douglas County so I know how you feel. My Mom says she will never get used to all the time! God Bless your husband & family!

THANKS EVERYONE! You all are so wonderful to pray and support us! Please keep all of our department in your prayers daily. It is easy to forget they are out there every moment of everyday for all of us. It is easy to remember them in times like this but the everyday danger is real. Have a wonderful night. ( I hope i don't have to do this again anytime soon).

This exact situation happened in my subdivision about 3 years ago. Wife left man, he lost job. Said he was gonna blow up the house and himself. We couldn't go to out home for nearly 9 hours. They brought his wife in to talk to him on the phone. You name it they did it. There were cops everywhere in our yards. I was only 2 houses down from my house and they wouldn't let me come to my house. I lived across the street and two houses down. It was hot as hell. Because the house was on a circle, there were a bunch of folks that couldn't go in our come out of the circle. The people living in the circle were just all parked in the streets waiting to go home. People were going to the stores to pee or get water or drinks and food. Two trucks of SWAT came in. Just like the movies. I know this man obviously had problems but most of us did and didn't resort to this. By the time it was all over and it gave up, it was nearly 2 in the morning. I can tell you this, if I could have gotten ahold of him, I'd have given him something to be depressed about. Glad this man finally gave up and non of our officers got hurt.

I'm glad it all ended well.

I'm thankful for the great DPS workers that we have serving us daily - ready to respond to anything that may come their way.

One other item that I did not relate in the posts. From what I picked up, one officer had responded to the home. The man showed up at the door with a rifle and the officer retreated to his vehicle to wait for backup to cover his retreat. I never picked up any fear in the officer's voice. He was doing what he was trained to do. The officer's protective vest would be no match right kind of ammo in a high powered rifle, but instinct and training kicked in and no one was hurt.

Edited by FreeBird
I'm glad it all ended well.

I'm thankful for the great DPS workers that we have serving us daily - ready to respond to anything that may come their way.

One other item that I did not relate in the posts. From what I picked up, one officer had responded to the home. The man showed up at the door with a rifle and the officer retreated to his vehicle to wait for backup to cover his retreat. I never picked up any fear in the officer's voice. He was doing what he was trained to do. The officer's protective vest would be no match right kind of ammo in a high powered rifle, but instinct and training kicked in and no one was hurt.

Glad to hear it. I was listening to, but left work around 6 and just have been able to get to a computer and read the outcome. I am glad everything turned out the way it did.

update: 4/4 12:28 - Since I didn't hear the initial call on this, I went back and listened to the archive on scanpaulding.com. Unit 191 was at the residence and called a 10-32 - suspect with firearm (rifle). SWAT was immediately activated. The rest is history. One bad guy to jail, officers went home safely.

PIPE BOMBS!!!???

Whoa! This is more than just a guy who is concerned about his wife and job!!

The idea of pipe bombs going off at his original job or ANYWHERE around here is scary!

Forget help, put this sucker away somewhere deep, he's dangerous!

SG

PIPE BOMBS!!!???

Whoa! This is more than just a guy who is concerned about his wife and job!!

The idea of pipe bombs going off at his original job or ANYWHERE around here is scary!

Forget help, put this sucker away somewhere deep, he's dangerous!

SG

I'm with you. If you go to the trouble to make pipe bombs and have the information you need to make rocket launchers and other weapons you need to be prosecuted.