Paulding.com

~Rest In Peace Captain Eddie Price~ (Douglas Co.)

Thank you for your many years of dedication to Douglas County. You will be missed by all. Rest in peace.

From the Douglas Sentinel Saturday, March 31, 2007 Issue

Capt. Price remembered for dedication to law enforcement

Those who worked with Douglas County Sheriff’s Captain Eddie Price remember him as an upbeat and humorous person, a great friend and an exemplary law enforcement officer.

Flags at county offices were lowered to half mast for Price, 59, who died Tuesday after a long battle with cancer. He had been in charge of courthouse security since 1998.

Funeral services were held at 2 p.m. Friday at the Douglasville First United Methodist Church and burial followed in Sunrise Memorial Gardens.

Graveside ceremonies included a casket guard of Douglas County deputies, a 21-gun salute by an honor guard, a bugler playing `Taps,` bagpipes and a helicopter flyover provided by the Georgia State Patrol.

The sheriff’s office records show Price’s hire date as May 21, 1977.

However, those who knew him said that he worked part-time as a radio operator for the department while holding down a full-time job as a county fireman in the early 1970’s. He was promoted to captain on Feb. 7, 1986.

Price served under four sheriffs: Claude Abercrombie, Earl Lee, Tommy Waldrop and Phil Miller.

Several of his co-workers and close friends recalled their fond memories of Price Friday.

`Eddie was a super, super guy,` Miller said. `We grew up in law enforcement together. He had an upbeat attitude. Everybody loved him and the community loved him.

He’d been in charge of the patrol division and court services. He always did a wonderful job.`

http://www.douglascountysentinel.com/

The Twenty-Third Psalm:

The Lord is my shepherd;

I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the

paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the

shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

for Thou art with me;

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.

Thou perparest a table before me

in the presence of mine enemies;

Thou anointest my head with oil;

my cup runneth over.

Surely goodnes and mercy shall follow me

all the days of my life: and I

will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Amen

Did he have a brother named David who ran a computer shop?

Nope, two sisters.

RIP Captain Price

officerdown8mo.jpg

Thanks pal. I like the pic.

How old is this person? I know an Eddie Price.

He was 59....would be 60 in August.

Not that this matters, but, just curious if he passed in the Line of Duty. I haven't been watching the news.

Prayers for his family and friends.

He wasn't killed in the line of duty. He had been battling throat cancer for two years. He fought it like a warrior. He continued to work up until about a month ago. He worked until he absolutely couldn't take it anymore.

He was 59.

No, he didn't. He had cancer.

Thanks pal for providing the answers while I wasn't around. I don't get a chance to post much anymore. Thanks for taking care of me. You're the best! :wub: