Paulding.com

And there were Tons of EPHS kids out and about tonight. The Grand Opening of the new theater was tonight. So I am sure there were many EPHS kids going home about that time. (Band kids , Chorus kids, etc..) I DO hope everyone's OK>

Edited by maxine

We got caught up in the tail end of of this police chace that ended directly in front of us rounding a corner of Cedarcrest. The bad guys hit a car on causing it to flip, then the bad guys crashed into a ditch. Little did we KNOW these were bad guys until about 10-15 cop cars come barreling round the corner skidding to a stop 20 feet in front of us. They jump out of their car and the bad guy jumps out of the car and runs into the neighborhood beside us. Then I saw a police kind of backing up really quick with his gun drawn and I nearly had a heart attack!!!!!!!! We real quick maneuver into a mans driveway, at this time there was nowhere else to go as cops surrounded us. I am trying to get into the floor of the car, Scott, my husband, is just staring at all this going on while I am screaming at him to either get the heck down or to get into that mans driveway which was the furthest away that we could get.

5 seconds earlier and we could have been the ones that got hit. We were coming back from Bible study and made a detour through Kroger to get cash from the ATM to pay the babysitter. In the parking lot when I went to grab my wallet I realized I actually DID have enough money to pay her and we real quick made it through the parking lot towards our house. It was that 5-10 second ATM hesitation that kept us away from being directly involved in the accident...

We sat for about 20 minutes and then we saw a gap and they let us out to go around the other way…. All I could think about was that 5 seconds earlier and we would have been the ones hit head on, and not only that, but there could have been an exchange of gun fire and we would have been in the middle of it all.

I hope the people in the car that was in front of us are okay... :( What would posess someone to put so many peoples lives in danger?

Mandy Skogebo

If you missed the chase or want to hear it again you can do so by going to the ScanPaulding Feed Archives.

To listen to the chase go to http://www.scanpaulding.com/modules.php?na...9&year=2007 and start listening to the recording from 08:42 pm - 08:57 pm, the chase begins 5 minutes into that block of audio.

-- Gordon

Cool!

Thanks Scan!

SG

PM, you are not the only one wondering about this. I know that it was after midnight before I went to bed. I just kept thinking about the ones the crazy idiot wrecked. Then I would get mad all over again when I thought about the man calling in the complain about almost being hit. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!

Anyway, please anyone with any info updates us.

Edited by bp952

I too was up late last night. After everything that happened in front of us, my adrenaline was so high that it was well after 1:00 before I could fall asleep. One minute you're riding down the road talking about your kids and the next minute it looks like an episode of 24 in front of you. It really really scared me.

The more I have thought about it the madder I have gotten. That jDoes anyone know why this guy was running in the first place? Is the person in the wrecked car okay? I do have to say that the car that the bad guy hit must have good crash test ratings, it really looked fairly okay, it was just sitting on its roof. I want to know what kind of SUV it was. It really looked like the passenger area was uncompromised.

Anyone know how the person is?

Mandy

But the chase didn't start in paulding it started in cobb

the chase started in dallas somewhere around school rd and went threw cobb from dabb bridge 41 aera to 92, back to cross roads and Cedarcrest

I heard the first calls from the female officer and she was around 61 north and at one point they were on Narroway Church Road, so YES--it started in Paulding, not Cobb. They did have Cobb County and GSP helping them when they were headed down Dabbs Bridge to 41. At one time--Cobb County was behind the guy.

I saw them fly by the first time. Coming from Hwy 61 down Dabbs Bridge towards Hwy 41. Definitely Paulding territory. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen. I'm kinda hoping they release the chase video to one of those shows. I'd like to see the whole thing.

I thought he was stealing stoves too. He tried running over an officer, and shots were fired, all before they called it an official chase. They made it a chase about Senator's Ridge.

This happened right behind my house! He ran and jumped my neighbor's fence then went back behind another neighbor's house. That's where they caught him. Still don't know what he did.

What neighborhood was this? (I lost track after SO passed Harmony Grove on Cedarcrest.)

After listening to the scanner records I got chills. All I can say is thank heavens my daughter always thinks she needs to be the last one out of band functions. We would've been in the thick of it around 9-9:05pm at Harmony/Capitol/Overlook. She gets a BIG hug this time! :rolleyes:

Any reports on how the Toyota occupants are doing?

Edited by buckeyegal

The subdivision where the suspect was apprehended was North Springs. My wife and I watched the police apprehend him in our neighbor's backyard around 9:45-10pm.

Thankfully we always lock our doors early as my neighbor saw the man run across our driveway and through our yard.

What neighborhood was this? (I lost track after SO passed Harmony Grove on Cedarcrest.)

After listening to the scanner records I got chills. All I can say is thank heavens my daughter always thinks she needs to be the last one out of band functions. We would've been in the thick of it around 9-9:05pm at Harmony/Capitol/Overlook. She gets a BIG hug this time! :rolleyes:

Any reports on how the Toyota occupants are doing?

I'm a friend of the driver of the flipped green tacoma and he is alright.

PRESS RELEASE

On March 19, 2007 officers of the Paulding County Sheriff's Office arrested 37 year old John Turner Sanders, Jr. of Taylorsville, Ga. Officers arrested Sanders after a chase began when officers attempted to arrest him during the commission of a felony in a subdivision under construction. During the pursuit, Sanders directed the vehicle he was operating at Paulding Deputies on several occasions as they attempted to get him to stop. He struck another vehicle causing it to overturn on Cedarcrest Road in Paulding County. The citizen in the overturned vehicle did not report any serious injuries. Sanders also wrecked the vehicle he was driving during the process.

In addition to traffic charges, Sanders is also being charged with Burglary, Criminal Trespass, Obstruction and Aggravated Assault. He is currently held in the Paulding County Detention Center. No bond has been set.

Paulding County Sheriff Bruce Harris urges all citizens to report suspicious activity in or around construction areas and neighborhoods, as theft of materials and new appliances in new homes are on the rise. Any information can be reported to the Criminal Investigations Division at 770-443-3015.

SANDERS, JOHN TURNER

GDC ID: 0000629196

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

YOB: 1969 RACE: WHITE GENDER: MALE

HEIGHT: 6'01'' WEIGHT: 200 EYE COLOR: BLUE HAIR COLOR: BROWN

SCARS, MARKS, TATTOOS

TATTOO/LARGE UPPR ARM/L

TATTOO/LARGE CALF/LFT

INCARCERATION DETAILS

MAJOR OFFENSE: BURGLARY

MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: HAYS STATE PRISON

MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: 05/22/2007

TENTATIVE PAROLE MONTH: 07/2006

ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: 10/10/2006

CURRENT STATUS: PAROLE

KNOWN ALIASES

A.K.A. SANDERS,JOHN T

A.K.A. SANDERS,JOHN T JR

A.K.A. SANDERS,JOHN TURNER JR

STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES

CASE NO: 372195

OFFENSE: BURGLARY

CONVICTION COUNTY: ROCKDALE COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 02/05/2001

SENTENCE LENGTH: 5 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

CONVICTION COUNTY: CLAYTON COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 02/01/2001

OFFENSE: THEFT BY TAKING

CONVICTION COUNTY: COWETA COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 01/29/2001

OFFENSE: FORGERY 1ST DEGREE

CONVICTION COUNTY: JASPER COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/12/1996

SENTENCE LENGTH: 10 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: THEFT MOTORVEH OR PART

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/05/1996

CONVICTION COUNTY: FAYETTE COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 07/06/1993

STATE OF GEORGIA - PRIOR SENTENCES

CASE NO: 276988

OFFENSE: shoplifting

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/11/1991

SENTENCE LENGTH: 0 YEARS, 12 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: THEFT BY SHOPLIFTING

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 02/14/1991

SENTENCE LENGTH: 3 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

STATE OF GEORGIA - INCARCERATION HISTORY

INCARCERATION BEGIN INCARCERATION END

04/26/2001 10/10/2006

03/11/1997 06/13/2000

04/24/1991 11/18/1991

Edited by Mr. Pink
SANDERS, JOHN TURNER

GDC ID: 0000629196

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

YOB: 1969 RACE: WHITE GENDER: MALE

HEIGHT: 6'01'' WEIGHT: 200 EYE COLOR: BLUE HAIR COLOR: BROWN

SCARS, MARKS, TATTOOS

TATTOO/LARGE UPPR ARM/L

TATTOO/LARGE CALF/LFT

INCARCERATION DETAILS

MAJOR OFFENSE: BURGLARY

MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: HAYS STATE PRISON

MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: 05/22/2007

TENTATIVE PAROLE MONTH: 07/2006

ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: 10/10/2006

CURRENT STATUS: PAROLE

KNOWN ALIASES

A.K.A. SANDERS,JOHN T

A.K.A. SANDERS,JOHN T JR

A.K.A. SANDERS,JOHN TURNER JR

STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES

CONVICTION COUNTY: ROCKDALE COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 02/05/2001

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 02/01/2001

OFFENSE: FORGERY 1ST DEGREE

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/12/1996

OFFENSE: THEFT MOTORVEH OR PART

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/05/1996

CONVICTION COUNTY: FAYETTE COUNTY

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 07/06/1993

STATE OF GEORGIA - PRIOR SENTENCES

OFFENSE: shoplifting

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/11/1991

SENTENCE LENGTH: 0 YEARS, 12 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: THEFT BY SHOPLIFTING

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 02/14/1991

SENTENCE LENGTH: 3 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

STATE OF GEORGIA - INCARCERATION HISTORY

INCARCERATION BEGIN INCARCERATION END

04/26/2001 10/10/2006

03/11/1997 06/13/2000

04/24/1991 11/18/1991

Wow, where can people get this kind of info?