Paulding.com

This is what yahoo news is reporting:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/...Auth=%60NbNUObN]UbTTUWUXUVUZTZUcUWU^UcUZUaU\UcTYWYWZV&urcm=y

3-year-old dies after being pulled from Bogan Park pool

Victim's sister revived with CPR

By GEORGE CHIDI

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/19/07

A 3-year-old boy pulled from a Gwinnett County pool with his sister Sunday has died, police said.

His sister is in stable condition at Gwinnett Medical Center after nearly drowning, Gwinnett police Cpl. Darren Moloney said in a news release Monday.

Devin Moore and his sister, who has not been named, were with their mother at an indoor playground pool at the Bogan Park Aquatic Center in Buford, officials said.

At the time, the pool — which ranges in depth from 1.6 to 3.6 feet — was being used for a private rental and was manned by lifeguards, Gwinnett fire Lt. Thomas Rutledge said.

Rutledge said emergency personnel were dispatched to the location shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday.

The boy was pulled out of the water, and lifeguards were trying to resuscitate him when fire crews arrived. The boy was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center with CPR in progress. He died during the night, police said.

There were about 30 children at the private event with three lifeguards on duty, investigators said.

Lifeguards used a 30-minute "on" and 15-minute "off" rotation, according to a news release. At the time of the incident, two lifeguards were working actively, the release said.

When a lifeguard saw the 4-year-old girl under water, he blew his whistle and went to the child's aid. She was not breathing but was revived with CPR after being removed from the water.

While the girl was being resuscitated, an unknown person "removed the body of the 3-year-old victim" from the pool, according to the news release.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/...Auth=%60NbNUObN]UbTTUWUXUVUZTZUcUWU^UcUZUaU\UcTYWYWZV&urcm=y

By GEORGE CHIDI

A 3-year-old boy pulled from a Gwinnett County pool with his sister Sunday has died, police said.

His sister is in stable condition at Gwinnett Medical Center after nearly drowning, Gwinnett police Cpl. Darren Moloney said in a news release Monday.

Devin Moore and his sister, who has not been named, were with their mother at an indoor playground pool at the Bogan Park Aquatic Center in Buford, officials said.

At the time, the pool — which ranges in depth from 1.6 to 3.6 feet — was being used for a private rental and was manned by lifeguards, Gwinnett fire Lt. Thomas Rutledge said.

Rutledge said emergency personnel were dispatched to the location shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday.

The boy was pulled out of the water, and lifeguards were trying to resuscitate him when fire crews arrived. The boy was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center with CPR in progress. He died during the night, police said.

There were about 30 children at the private event with three lifeguards on duty, investigators said.

Lifeguards used a 30-minute "on" and 15-minute "off" rotation, according to a news release. At the time of the incident, two lifeguards were working actively, the release said.

When a lifeguard saw the 4-year-old girl under water, he blew his whistle and went to the child's aid. She was not breathing but was revived with CPR after being removed from the water.

While the girl was being resuscitated, an unknown person "removed the body of the 3-year-old victim" from the pool, according to the news release.

IB dear these are different babies.. what the hell is going on in parents minds these days...im sorry i know they can turn and be gone but damn just damn 2 3 babies in less than 24 hours.

By GEORGE CHIDI

This isn't the Cherokee County one, its the Gwinnett one.

They showed this on the news and I may have heard the man incorrectly but i think that he said that they were investigating the where abouts of the supervision. They are in question about if they were even there. These poor children were visiting their grandparents....imagine being their parents.

Prayers said for all involved.

They showed this on the news and I may have heard the man incorrectly but i think that he said that they were investigating the where abouts of the supervision. They are in question about if they were even there. These poor children were visiting their grandparents....imagine being their parents.

Prayers said for all involved.

Oh my I hope you heard this wrong.. OH my...

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=94063

the above link is from 11 alive. Their report stated that the family had just gotten to GA this morning around 6. They were staying with the grandmother in Pickens County. When she left to run errands she left the entire family asleep inside her home. She called repeatedly around 11 to wake them up and no one answered. Once the parents answered they thought that the children had been with the grandmother. They may have been in the water for as long as 3 hours.

SAD!!!!!!!

Thought that i would share.

I just cannot imagine! My 20-month-old grandson has learned how to unlock and open the front door at home. His dad installed new locks up high so that he cannot reach them. He would unlock and open the door, then say bye-bye and head on out. You cannot be too careful around little ones. They are smarter than some people give them credit for.

My prayers are with this family.

I just cannot imagine! My 20-month-old grandson has learned how to unlock and open the front door at home. His dad installed new locks up high so that he cannot reach them. He would unlock and open the door, then say bye-bye and head on out. You cannot be too careful around little ones. They are smarter than some people give them credit for.

My prayers are with this family.

Ok, I have to question this... I have thought about doing this at the new house but then I ask myself, what if something happens, such as a fire or someone gets in the house and they need to get out without my assistance but they can't.... what then? I guess you just have to weigh which is more likely to happen I suppose, it just seems like a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation. I feel sooooooo horrible for this family, I just cannot imagine their grief. :(

Ok, I have to question this... I have thought about doing this at the new house but then I ask myself, what if something happens, such as a fire or someone gets in the house and they need to get out without my assistance but they can't.... what then? I guess you just have to weigh which is more likely to happen I suppose, it just seems like a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation. I feel sooooooo horrible for this family, I just cannot imagine their grief. :(

We have the flat locks on the top of our doors. I LOVE THEM. They work great. I believe that the benefit outweighs the risks!

We have an above-ground pool, and our homeowner's insurance required a fence be put around it before they would insure us. I'm pretty sure there are laws surrounding in-ground pools, but I don't think there's any law about above ground pools though. If she had a gate on her stairway, then they wouldn't have had access to the deck, and the sides of the pool would be too high to climb. But either way, the kids were clearly unsupervised for a long time. Even if there had been no pool, who knows what may have happened had they wandered off.

Tragic Tragic Tragic. :(

Edited by junejohnson