Paulding.com

If Im steping outta bounds by asking this, please forgive me, but what is the big deal about not mentioning their names? That came out wrong, what I mean is does his family not like Debbie and her daughter?

The big deal is that we were a part of his last 25 years of life and it really isn't your concern how his family felt about us. Sorry if I am defensive but jeez...what a comment to leave.

Since, originally, Debi and Sage were not suppose to attend the funeral, I decided not to attend either. Now, they are allowed to go(which I am in total favor of), but I have already made other plans with my brother. I have not stopped thinking about them and Randy and I will say a special prayer during the time of the funeral tomorrow.God Bless them all! I'm sure Randy is telling God a really good story about now.

The funeral is only for immediate family, Randy's mom, sister, brother, etc. Everyone is welcome to the memorial tomorrow and that is what we are attending.

I'm sure there are 2 sides to every story, but the fact remains that they (Debi, Randy and Sage) still speak and IMHO, shouldn't have been left out. If you have step-kids (of 20 years) and divorced the dad, would you want them left out if they were "your" kids? I don't know his families side, but, it doesn't matter...this isn't the time or place to be discussing it ;)

Thank you! So many people are concerned with information that isn't any of their concern. Everyone seems to know so much yet no one actually knew Randy. This thread is about Randy's death and his rememberance; nothing less and nothing more.

*hugs* to you sage, remember, we are here for yall.

The big deal is that we were a part of his last 25 years of life and it really isn't your concern how his family felt about us. Sorry if I am defensive but jeez...what a comment to leave.

The funeral is only for immediate family, Randy's mom, sister, brother, etc. Everyone is welcome to the memorial tomorrow and that is what we are attending.

I thought the same thing.

The glasses in your avatar remind me of Randy.
Since, originally, Debi and Sage were not suppose to attend the funeral, I decided not to attend either. Now, they are allowed to go(which I am in total favor of), but I have already made other plans with my brother. I have not stopped thinking about them and Randy and I will say a special prayer during the time of the funeral tomorrow.God Bless them all! I'm sure Randy is telling God a really good story about now.

We found out at my brothers funeral that we could not tell anyone that were not welcomed. If they the unwanted party were causing problems then they would be asked to leave. If they did not react to abuse of the family then they could stay as long as the obit was put in a publication for the public then they funeral home could not stop them from coming it is a PUBLIC place.. ;) ;) ;) ;)

If you didn't get to make it, it was a great service... though I'm not quite sure how Randy would of wanted it. But it was still great. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all, I'm sure Sage knows what I'm talking about. I had a chance to speak with Debi at the viewing, she's doing ok but not to well... it's hit her very hard. Well it hit all of us hard.

If you didn't get to make it, it was a great service... though I'm not quite sure how Randy would of wanted it. But it was still great. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all, I'm sure Sage knows what I'm talking about. I had a chance to speak with Debi at the viewing, she's doing ok but not to well... it's hit her very hard. Well it hit all of us hard.

That's the sad thing of death, especially unexpected....you never know what the person would have "wanted".

My heart just breaks for Debi and Sage...all I can think is "poor Debi" and the year she's had. Thank God, 2006 is almost over for her and she can start new and FRESH.

Love ya Debi :wub:

To Debi and Sage,

I got my first tattoo from Randy at the shop in Dallas almost 8 years ago. I just recently got one in his Marrietta location on October 19th. I asked about you guys and He told me about your kids (Sage) and had nothing bad to say about you or your mom. No matter what I know he loved you and your mom. Randy was one of those people you loved them as soon as you met them. He made me laugh and almost cry with my tattoo. Debi you had to come in the room and do the lines for me on my first one but Im sure you don't remember. I called the shop to speak with one of the girls I had known for a long time. When I found out she wasn't there I then asked for Randy. That's when I found out. Anyways I'll stop rambling now. I know you guys don't know me but I love you guys and take care of each other. Randy was one of the top notch best and I will miss him so.

Take care,

Angela Harp :(

If you guys need anything PLEASE e-mail me

angela_harp@fnanb.com

I think this post really sums up how we all felt about Randy, Debi and Sage. They were always caring and friendly. I don't know anyone that knows them (having been a customer or friend) that can say anything but wonderful things about them.

If there is any comfort to be found right now it is knowing that these individuals are truly loved and respected by many of us. I am so terribly sorry for your loss Sage. There aren't words to take away the pain. Just know that we all care and if there is ANYTHING we can do do not hesitate asking. This group of people (paulding.com) really come through for those who ask.

To Debi and Sage,

I got my first tattoo from Randy at the shop in Dallas almost 8 years ago. I just recently got one in his Marrietta location on October 19th. I asked about you guys and He told me about your kids (Sage) and had nothing bad to say about you or your mom. No matter what I know he loved you and your mom. Randy was one of those people you loved them as soon as you met them. He made me laugh and almost cry with my tattoo. Debi you had to come in the room and do the lines for me on my first one but Im sure you don't remember. I called the shop to speak with one of the girls I had known for a long time. When I found out she wasn't there I then asked for Randy. That's when I found out. Anyways I'll stop rambling now. I know you guys don't know me but I love you guys and take care of each other. Randy was one of the top notch best and I will miss him so.

Take care,

Angela Harp :(

If you guys need anything PLEASE e-mail me

angela_harp@fnanb.com

Thank you all. I know I have said it a few times already but your compassion and kindness have really touched me. It was great to see some of you at the memorial. My mom and I hope to see you all at the memorial we are planning. We think it would be fitting to have the celebration of life on or around Randy's birthday which is Feb 6th. I'll be sure to post info about it when we get it organized.

Thank you all. I know I have said it a few times already but your compassion and kindness have really touched me. It was great to see some of you at the memorial. My mom and I hope to see you all at the memorial we are planning. We think it would be fitting to have the celebration of life on or around Randy's birthday which is Feb 6th. I'll be sure to post info about it when we get it organized.

Yes I would love to attend the memorial that you have for him!!! I have been thinking about Randy since I heard the news. It's just so hard to believe!! Hubby and I had some work done by Randy and was a GREAT guy and will be missed :( :( :(

Also survived by Debi Kienel and Sage Adderley - two ladies who supported and loved him for over 20 years. Randy's death was sudden and I am going to keep details to our family but yes it was his heart.

Hi Sage,

We have never met and I am sure you are hearing from many people who knew Randy. I just wanted to share a special story about your Dad and it is connected to you. I didn't want to leave it on myspace because it felt so public but I hope you find it here. I think it is a testament of love.

Several years ago I had a piece started on my back by Randy. It took several hours. I can still remember a good bit of our conversations even though it was about four perhaps almost five years ago. I think that happens when you get tattoos. You are just changed all around. I (like most people) were impressed by Randy's gently nature and charm. He talked a good bit about you and your mother and had wonderful things to say about you.

Several months or so down the road I received a call from Randy. He said you were getting married and he was looking for someone to officiate. At the time I was in seminary to be a Presbyterian minister. I still had a year to go so I had not been ordained but it was a super sweet conversation about you. He was searching so earnestly for someone who was open minded and different for your ceremony. I am sure you found someone for the event but it meant a lot to me that he thought I might be open minded and good enough for you, your new spouse, and Debi!

I got in touch with Randy about six months ago about doing some more work on the piece but like so many things in life we played phone tag and it just didn't happen. Even though I was just one person who passed through his life I really think he had a positive impact on the people around him... even if it was for just a moment.

I do wish I had gotten to meet all of you. My partner and I are moving to LaGrange this summer and I went by to check on things there. I wasn't sure exactly where to go but next time I will leave behind a few pieces of candy corn.

Many blessings,

eston

Edited by RubyWatermelon
Hi Sage,

We have never met and I am sure you are hearing from many people who knew Randy. I just wanted to share a special story about your Dad and it is connected to you. I didn't want to leave it on myspace because it felt so public but I hope you find it here. I think it is a testament of love.

Several years ago I had a piece started on my back by Randy. It took several hours. I can still remember a good bit of our conversations even though it was about four perhaps almost five years ago. I think that happens when you get tattoos. You are just changed all around. I (like most people) were impressed by Randy's gently nature and charm. He talked a good bit about you and your mother and had wonderful things to say about you.

Several months or so down the road I received a call from Randy. He said you were getting married and he was looking for someone to officiate. At the time I was in seminary to be a Presbyterian minister. I still had a year to go so I had not been ordained but it was a super sweet conversation about you. He was searching so earnestly for someone who was open minded and different for your ceremony. I am sure you found someone for the event but it meant a lot to me that he thought I might be open minded and good enough for you, your new spouse, and Debi!

I got in touch with Randy about six months ago about doing some more work on the piece but like so many things in life we played phone tag and it just didn't happen. Even though I was just one person who passed through his life I really think he had a positive impact on the people around him... even if it was for just a moment.

I do wish I had gotten to meet all of you. My partner and I are moving to LaGrange this summer and I went by to check on things there. I wasn't sure exactly where to go but next time I will leave behind a few pieces of candy corn.

Many blessings,

eston

Hi Eston,

Thank you so much for leaving this. Your memory was probably one of the nicest ones I have read about since Randy's death. I really appreciate you sharing this with me.

Take care,

Sage

I just got an email about something at Randy's shop tomorrow. Is that the celebration memorial? I hope not, I will be out of town and I sure don't want to miss it.

I just got an email about something at Randy's shop tomorrow. Is that the celebration memorial? I hope not, I will be out of town and I sure don't want to miss it.

Yes it is his memorial service, I think the times are 1pm - til they close. I don't think I will be able to attend either and I really wanted too :( :(

Here's the info:

There will be a Celebration of Randy's Life and Work At Olde School Tattoo, Randy's Shop, Located at:

3020 Canton Road

Marietta Ga ,30066

It will be held on Saturday 1/13/07, from 1:00pm Until Closing. A candle light vigil will be held that evening.