Paulding.com

Randy Kienel Jr., 47, of Acworth died Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2006.

Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home in Marietta.

Mr. Kienel was the owner of Olde School Tattoo and an actor.

Survivors include his parents, Randy Kienel Sr. of Canton and Virginia Weldon of Alabama; two brothers, Rex Kienel of Kennesaw and Travis Kienel of Canton; three sisters, Heidi Keasler of Acworth, Tracy Castleberry of Marietta and Teresa Presley of Canton; and nephews and nieces.

The family will receive friends from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home in Marietta. :(

is this the guy that was also known as doctor tattoo, that had a shop in mabelton? :( :(

No, he was married to Debi and they "co owned" The Illustrator stores. When they divorced, he took over the Marietta location, and named it "Olde School Tattoo".

is this the guy that was also known as doctor tattoo, that had a shop in mabelton? :( :(

Randy Kienel had a shop in Marietta called Olde School Tattoo. He used to work at the Illustrator in Dallas. Debi Kienel (who is an awesome tattoo artist) owns the Illustrator.

Randy will be sorely missed. He was a sweet, funny man and a talented artist.

OMG I know this is gonna sound a tad bit crazy but I didn't know anything about what happened to Randy until I got to work and logged on to pcom and I just realized that I am wearing my Illustrator T- shirt that he gave me when i got my last tattoo....

Wow totally crazy

Randy Kienel Jr., 47, of Acworth died Wednesday, Dec. 27, 2006.

Services will be 11 a.m. Saturday at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home in Marietta.

Mr. Kienel was the owner of Olde School Tattoo and an actor.

Survivors include his parents, Randy Kienel Sr. of Canton and Virginia Weldon of Alabama; two brothers, Rex Kienel of Kennesaw and Travis Kienel of Canton; three sisters, Heidi Keasler of Acworth, Tracy Castleberry of Marietta and Teresa Presley of Canton; and nephews and nieces.

The family will receive friends from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Mayes Ward-Dobbins Funeral Home in Marietta.

:(

Also survived by Debi Kienel and Sage Adderley - two ladies who supported and loved him for over 20 years. Randy's death was sudden and I am going to keep details to our family but yes it was his heart.

Also survived by Debi Kienel and Sage Adderley - two ladies who supported and loved him for over 20 years. Randy's death was sudden and I am going to keep details to our family but yes it was his heart.

Glad you posted that Sage! I wanted to say something but didn't feel it was my place. My heart goes out to you and your mom. :wub:

Glad you posted that Sage! I wanted to say something but didn't feel it was my place. My heart goes out to you and your mom. :wub:

Thank you! I am 28 years old and Randy married my mom Debi when I was 4, he raised me and was my father. It is sad that after 25 years of marriage that my mom and I aren't considered "family" because they were recently (less than a year) divorced. BUT we know in our hearts how much Randy loved us and we will keep his memory alive and well. We are two tough ladies and have a lot of love around us.

Edited by the real sage
This is so sad

I am so sorry for the family

Anyone know how Debi and Sage are doing?

Thank you for asking. We are hanging in there, still in shock over this but we are taking it day by day. Once we can digest his loss, we will start planning our own memorial. My mother was with Randy the day he passed and she feels thankful for that.

Thank you for asking. We are hanging in there, still in shock over this but we are taking it day by day. Once we can digest his loss, we will start planning our own memorial. My mother was with Randy the day he passed and she feels thankful for that.

If you need any help with anything please feel free to pm or e-mail me

Oh wow, I know it is a bittersweet thing but at least she was able to say goodbye :( :(

Thank you! I am 28 years old and Randy married my mom Debi when I was 4, he raised me and was my father. It is sad that after 25 years of marriage that my mom and I aren't considered "family" because they were recently (less than a year) divorced. BUT we know in our hearts how much Randy loved us and we will keep his memory alive and well. We are two tough ladies and have a lot of love around us.

Sage, you and your Mom are definitely his family. I was hurt that you weren't mentioned in the first post, and you are both in our prayers.

Did Randy go to North Cobb High School?

Yes, if I'm not mistaken he graduated in 1978.

Did he own a machine shop at one time?

His father Randy Kienel Sr. owned and may still own a machine shop. Randy worked for him as well as other machine shops in Marietta and Cartersville before my mom taught him how to tattoo.

I knew that name rang a bell....I went to school with him.

I did not know him personally. I am very sorry to hear about this. It just seems like life is too short at times. But, just remember all the good times you all had, because you know that is what he would have wanted you to do. Even though there was a divorce, that should not exclude you and your mom, because you were part of his life. You still have a special part in his heart. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....God Bless you all.........

Edited by Biz 4909

Sage and Debi

What can I say? This comes at such a hard time. I love you both very much. I loved Randy as well. We just got reconnected with your mom (Debi) when she did a memorial tattoo for Rianna on Larisa's back. I am sadder than ever this season. Let me know what we can do, seriously. PM me if you need to. And yes, both of you are very tough ladies. We can also band together on this. Love you.

hearstar~ Lara Lee Winchester

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. Randy did a few of my tattoos while he was still at the Illustrator in Dallas.

Debi and Sage - my family will keep you in our prayers. You are always a part of his family.

Believe me, Sage, I didn't leave you and your mom out on purpose. I just copied and pasted the obit from the paper. I am so sorry! I am sending you a pm.

Believe me, Sage, I didn't leave you and your mom out on purpose. I just copied and pasted the obit from the paper. I am so sorry! I am sending you a pm.

It's okay, I saw it on the online version of the Marietta paper. It is upsetting that family is listed that Randy hasn't spoken to in 15 years yet we are left out but that's they way it goes sometimes and I understand that.

Thank you again for keeping us in your thoughts. My mother and I along with my two daughters and the crew from the tattoo studio will be at the memorial service tomorrow. We appreciate the support!

It's okay, I saw it on the online version of the Marietta paper. It is upsetting that family is listed that Randy hasn't spoken to in 15 years yet we are left out but that's they way it goes sometimes and I understand that.

Sage, those of us that know you, your Mom and Randy, know that you were EVERY BIT of family as "blood". That was your "Father" and a husband to your mother for 20+ years. We know that both of you loved him, and in return he loved ya'll. WE KNOW, so do you. Please, don't let them get you down. "We" know they are in the wrong, and that Randy would have NEVER wanted this. Don't let it eat you alive!

Please, call me if you need to talk. I've been thinking of you and your Mom. I'm here, still. Love ya :wub:

ETA: I just saw that you are getting to go to the service! I am so happy, that you will at least get closure, since the last you and I spoke :)

Sage, those of us that know you, your Mom and Randy, know that you were EVERY BIT of family as "blood". That was your "Father" and a husband to your mother for 20+ years. We know that both of you loved him, and in return he loved ya'll. WE KNOW, so do you. Please, don't let them get you down. "We" know they are in the wrong, and that Randy would have NEVER wanted this. Don't let it eat you alive!

Please, call me if you need to talk. I've been thinking of you and your Mom. I'm here, still. Love ya :wub:

ETA: I just saw that you are getting to go to the service! I am so happy, that you will at least get closure, since the last you and I spoke :)

Thank you for your support! I am looking forward to saying my goodbyes tomorrow. My six year old daughter has been drawing pictures for grandpa to "take with him".

If Im steping outta bounds by asking this, please forgive me, but what is the big deal about not mentioning their names? That came out wrong, what I mean is does his family not like Debbie and her daughter?

I think they are keeping this personal. It is just a issue of "hard feelings". :(

Thank you for your support! I am looking forward to saying my goodbyes tomorrow. My six year old daughter has been drawing pictures for grandpa to "take with him".

I'll keep ya'll in my thoughts tomorrow Sage. God-Bless

I am so sorr for your loss and the fact taht you were left out.. Just remember that what goes around comes around..

Ahhh, so its kinda like a two sides to every story? Gotcha, I'll go back to being bored again. Sorry for the hijack.

I'm sure there are 2 sides to every story, but the fact remains that they (Debi, Randy and Sage) still speak and IMHO, shouldn't have been left out. If you have step-kids (of 20 years) and divorced the dad, would you want them left out if they were "your" kids? I don't know his families side, but, it doesn't matter...this isn't the time or place to be discussing it ;)

Since, originally, Debi and Sage were not suppose to attend the funeral, I decided not to attend either. Now, they are allowed to go(which I am in total favor of), but I have already made other plans with my brother. I have not stopped thinking about them and Randy and I will say a special prayer during the time of the funeral tomorrow.God Bless them all! I'm sure Randy is telling God a really good story about now.