Paulding.com

Cancer is so limited: It cannot cripple Love. It cannot shatter Hope. It cannot corrode Faith. It cannot eat away Peace. It cannot destroy Confidence. It cannot kill Friendship. It cannot shut out Memories. It cannot silence Courage. It cannot invade the Soul. It cannot reduce Eternal Life. It cannot quench the Spirit. It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.

There will never be another Scotty!

Dad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still praying for you and your family. I lost my dad to cancer 3 years ago and it's still hard to deal with it at times. God has been faithful to me. My dad was a believer and I know I'll see him again some day, as you will your Scotty.

Time does help to make the pain smoother.....it will get better.

Emily

• 3 weeks later...

My heart is still hurting! I would give my life just to be able to talk to Scotty just for a few minutes. I don't know how long the hurt will last but the memories will go with me to the grave.

still missing Scotty :(

Dad

My heart is still hurting! I would give my life just to be able to talk to Scotty just for a few minutes. I don't know how long the hurt will last but the memories will go with me to the grave.

Dad

I pray you find peace. I lost my 8 week old son 14 years ago.

Dad

I have never lost a child but I have lost 2 husbands..the first Dec.27th 2000....the second Oct.30th 2003..I hurt for you and will say a special prayer for you...Lord, only you know this grief and loneliness..only you can make it better...I pray you give peace and comfort to this Dad....as only you can do...thank you Jesus and in your precious name I pray...Amen

• 4 weeks later...

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I knew your family when Scotty was about four living in Powder Springs. I had worked with Sharon and would come over and visit with her sometimes. Scotty really was a beautiful boy even at that age, just a doll. I do have two children of my own now and can't imagine the pain that you two still feel to this day. I send you my blessings and love and will keep you in my prayers.

Edited by CrazyD

I had the pleasure of knowing Scotty when he was in school with my daughter Tiffany, who has also gone to be with the Lord. Please know that you are both in my thoughts & prayers as it has been almost 8 years for me ( October 25, 1999) and I still miss her so much, you never really get over it, you learn to accept the different live that you have been given. I once took care of a lady and when I got to her house on a given day she was very sad and I ask her why was she so sad and she replied, 52 years ago today I lost my little girl and she told me that the hurt was just as real that day as 52 years ago, so when people will tell me it will get better, I will tell them that lady was still grieving after 52 years and it is only with the help of the Good Lord above that I survive from day to day without my baby girl. Scotty was such a sweet boy and I know that Tiffany was happy as she was there to help welcome one of her friends home. I know that one sweet day we will get to see them again and I can hardly wait, again please know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers. If you every need me to help in anyway as I am a little further down the road of grieving, I am only a phone call away.

• 3 weeks later...

Please pray for me and my wife. It's been 17 1/2 month since Scotty left us. We just recently went to the grave with some friend and celebrated what would have been Scotty's 27th birthday. It is still extermley hard to survive without my son. It is only by GOD'S grace that I am able to go each day. I never knew anything could hurt this much.

Still missing Scotty :(

DAD

Please pray for me and my wife. It's been 17 1/2 month since Scotty left us. We just recently went to the grave with some friend and celebrated what would have been Scotty's 27th birthday. It is still extermley hard to survive without my son. It is only by GOD'S grace that I am able to go each day. I never knew anything could hurt this much.

Still missing Scotty :(

DAD

My heart hurts for you and your wife and I can only pray that one day your pain will be easier to bear. I knew Scotty and he was a fine young man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This Saturday is the dinner..It seems really hard this year for some reason..When I put the Christmas tree,I remember when you came over the get the gifs and I came through the kitchen and you where standing over the stove trying to eat as much tocos as you could.Because you where so hungrey from the steriods.We miss you so much.I try to get EJ to talk about you,but he wont.Still,he wont talk.He will look at pictures but he just want talk.I'll ask him,does he remember this or does he remeber that,but he will just walk out of the room.I do know in his time when he is ready,he will.He did one say this year seems harder.The more days go by the hard it gets.I never knew that a heart could break so bad.Sometimes I'm mad,sometimes I'm glad,alot of times I cry,somedays or bad,somedays I seem okay,and somedays I'm not.I do pray and thank The Lord that we have turned to your Mama and Daddy as ours now.I do love seeing the smile on EJ's face when he talks to them.And when he needs help he turns to your Daddy,and I thank you for that...We never knew what real parents where until they came in our lives.I pray The Lord will help us through the Holidays.It will never be the same...

Still Missing You

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope I don't sound like a broken record but I really want to tell you what a very wise man once said to me about how he looked at losing someone. He said that he believed that we all have a reason for being on this earth and when we have completed the task then it is time to go because at that point then we are too good to be here. It made sense to me.

I hope I don't sound like a broken record but I really want to tell you what a very wise man once said to me about how he looked at losing someone. He said that he believed that we all have a reason for being on this earth and when we have completed the task then it is time to go because at that point then we are too good to be here. It made sense to me.

That's a really nice thought. I try to remember that myself.

Deac and ShayShay, my prayers are with you. I know how hard it is. I'm praying that you will be comforted and find peace.

Love,

SeaShell

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys will remember me, but I helped with Scotty's last 2 surgeries I think it was. I came to see him after the last one while he was in the hospital and even then he wasn't giving up. He was a strong young man and my heart hurts for you guys. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

God Heals

Remember when you heard the words -

and your mind went blank - you were in another world

God heals

Remember in your darkest hours -

when all that surrounds you is pain and sorrow

God heals

Remember friends' prayers - your family's encouragement

- glimmers of hope from everyday angels

God heals

Quiet...you can hear Him now -

always there - yet never this close

God heals

It's just another day -

yet everything has changed - and you hear yourself say

God heals

Birds are singing -

the sky is a beautiful blue - flowers are blooming...

God heals

Truths that you knew as a child -

awakened again with new understanding

God heals

Remember when others can't -

that life is a gift - each day to treasure

God Has Healed

For some reason it's hard coming on here...I try to not face the fact that Scotty is gone.I know its wrong to have anger...But it builds up and builds up to where I think I'm gonna lose it..I know we'er not to ask WHY....But how can we not..I for one would like to know..WHY...WHY...WHY did he have to go..Why give him to us just to take away..Some days are better than others.Some days are worse than others.AND THIS IS ONE OF THE WORSE......SORRYYYYY....

Okay...So....The last post...Let me clear up...I feel ten times better.Please dont misunderstand my missing Scotty as a way to keep it going or whatever...Some may not understand what it's like to have someone who could melt your heart with his silly words,are to know God put an angel on earth,or to hold their hand as they look at you not able to speak from the cancer,but you know just what he is saying,how the nurses see in your eyes that the terms of visiting hours dont aply to you,how their passing turns your world upside down,or why your husband gets up and walks out of the room just because the thought of Scotty makes you burst into tears.My husband will say.I'm so afraid that if I let out what it is I'm feeling,then I've lost him for good,so let me hold on to the anger,the tears,the good times.Cause if I do,then I want lose him.

But it will get better as time goes.I still have hope in that...

Still Missing Scotty....

Edited by doll
  • 5 weeks later...

Again, prayers for you. I do know how you feel in a lot of ways. Yesterday I found a "gift" ~ I was looking through pictures I had copied from my Son's computer and I found some new ones I hadn't noticed before. Best of all, I found some video clips of him in Iraq. It was SO good to hear his voice. :wub:

Yes, it aches so badly and I just don't understand WHY. I'm not sure I ever will.

I am able to be more engaged (in life, people,) now and for longer periods than when it was all "fresh." I know that it is something that I will learn to live with, but something I will never get over.

Comfort and Peace to you,

Lisa

BTW: That was funny about the boogie dancing. :p

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...