Paulding.com

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scotty was the pride and joy of his parents. They live across the street from us. They are wonderful people who raised a sweet and caring son. He was taken from them to soon. They are proud of him. Please keep his parents in your thoughts and prayers they are having a hard time as the holidays get closer. I know their faith will get them through this hard time. This will be the first Thanksgiving, xmas ect without him.

• 2 months later...
OH, how I miss you Scotty.

Love,

Mom

My heart is aching for you. I am a Mom to two boys and I know the depth of your pain is equal to the depth of your love, which is endless. I hope this day brings you peace and that the Lord will hold you close in His loving spirit. The same loving, compassionate spirit your precious son lives in every day. God bless you.

• 3 weeks later...

when your journey is completed,

and to God you have been true,

fair and bright your home in glory,

your enraptured soul shall view.

I have called thee by thy name;thou art mine.When thou passest through the waters,I will be with thee;

and through the rivers,they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire,thou shalt not

be burned;neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.For I am The LORD thy GOD.....

still missing you

• 2 weeks later...

LIFE SEEMS SO HARD TO FACE,

BUT I KNOW YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE.

I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE NO MORE PAIN,

WHAT A WONDERFUL PERSON THE LORD HAS GAINED.

I JUST DONT KNOW WHY THE BEST GOES AWAY,

BUT IN THE ARMS OF THE LORD IS WHERE YOU NOW LAY.

HELP ME LORD TO UNDERSTAND WHY YOU TOOK HIM AWAY

AND PLEASE NEVER LET ME FORGET HIM!!!!!!!

still missing you

• 2 weeks later...

:( I still can't understand why God chose to take my son, but I'm reminded of what the Psalmist David said when God took

his son: "I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." II Samuel 12:23.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of Scotty and wish that I could

hear his voice or see that big smile on his face.

I'm still missing you Scotty!

I'll see you soon.

Love,

Dad

Edited by deac

This is Sharon. Your Sharon knows who it is. I think of you both often and think of Scotty often. I know this is the hardest month. Keep remembering the good times and know that you have that promise of seeing him again. We love you both.

:( I still can't understand why God chose to take my son, but I'm reminded of what the Psalmist David said when God took

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of Scotty and wish that I could

I'll see you soon.

Love,

Dad

I simply cannot fathom how you are feeling right now. My heart aches for you and your family. I went to high school with Scotty and remember him always being so friendly. He was always smiling and so sweet. I am sorry for your loss. :(

I thank the Lord that Scotty is not hurting anymore! But the hurt is still very real in my heart!!! :(

I pray the Lord will give Scotty a hug and a kiss for me today.

Scotty will never be forgotten!

I thank the Lord that Scotty is not hurting anymore! But the hurt is still very real in my heart!!! :(

Praying for peace for you and your family in the next few days! Sounds like your son was such a good fella.

I'll see you soon.

Love,

Dad

I am so sorry for your loss.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Deac & InMourning-

I think of you both very often and you both have been on my mind a lot. Scotty was a great kid and always smiling. I had not seen him in a while but knowing him when we all went to Rock was great! I remember him chasing me all around the church parking lot and it just aggravating the snot out of me. It was so much fun looking back at it all and it still makes me laugh. Just remember- God is with you thru the good times and bad. I love the Bible scripture that says "Trust in the Lord with all Thine heart and lean not into thine own understanding". That is so hard to do when things are rough and I've had to apply that to many things in my life and sometimes the road gets rocky but just remember- God will bring peace. Scotty is resting comfortably now and he is so much better. I love you guys and I think of you often.

Janie

Deac and InMourning - I DO feel your pain. I lost my 29 year old son on November 11, 2001 of cardiac dysrythmia. No words can make the hurt in your heart feel better - only time will ease the ache, the void, the anger, the loss. There's not a day goes by that I don't think of my son Patrick and try to reason why. My pain is part selfishness because he was MY son and his place is with ME and his family (two sons). I visit Patrick's grave often to feel closer to him and each time seems like it has just happened.

You will never forget your son - only (hopefully) learn to cope with the loss. Your friends and family will try to comfort you and they are very special to try to do that - but, there is no true comfort; not for now. They do love you as your son loved you and you have to continue on for them, for yourselves and for Scotty.

I am beginning to cry a bit as I write this because your heartache is being shared this moment with my memories. I do hope you will all be okay and remember - there are others out there like you who have suffered the ultimate loss.

God bless you.

Today is one year that we lost Scotty and how bad it still hurts,if I could only say I LOVE U one more time.What I wouid give.But I know we'll meet again.

STILL MISSING YOU!!!

LOVE,

KITZI

ALWAYS SAY ''I LOVE YOU ''IT MAY BE YOUR LAST.

Cancer is so limited: It cannot cripple Love. It cannot shatter Hope. It cannot corrode Faith. It cannot eat away Peace. It cannot destroy Confidence. It cannot kill Friendship. It cannot shut out Memories. It cannot silence Courage. It cannot invade the Soul. It cannot reduce Eternal Life. It cannot quench the Spirit. It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.

There will never be another Scotty!

Dad

Cancer is so limited: It cannot cripple Love. It cannot shatter Hope. It cannot corrode Faith. It cannot eat away Peace. It cannot destroy Confidence. It cannot kill Friendship. It cannot shut out Memories. It cannot silence Courage. It cannot invade the Soul. It cannot reduce Eternal Life. It cannot quench the Spirit. It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.

There will never be another Scotty!

Dad

AMEN!! I am 100% in agreement with you. My thought and prayers are with you both.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this topic and it truly breaks my heart for all of Scottys loved ones. Especially his mom and dad. I know your hearts are breaking.

I did not have the pleasure of knowing this young man but I hope that, somehow through time, the pain will ease for this family.

I am very sorry for your loss.

• 2 weeks later...

These wounds wont seem to heal,

This pain is just too real,

There's just too much that time cannot erase.

How hard it is and how hard its going to be.

I just dont think we can except it when we lose

the ones we love!!!!Maybe one day I will.And I am

thankful that it brings us closer,yes that is one thing

that the pain does.....It brings you closer

STILL MISSING YOU

I am so very sorry for your loss mom, dad, family and friends. May God bless you and give you continued strength to keep getting through each day. Thoughts and healing prayers sent to you. God Bless.

Edited by dana
  • 2 weeks later...
He passed away from Cancer. I know him and his family they are very sweet people.

i am sorry to hear bout this i experience this myself but my son was only 6 1/2 months old he died from a crib . i give my simpithy cuz i know how it is to loose a child .. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry for your loss, I knew Scotty many years ago. He was friends with my sister and I had many good times with him. He was there when I lost her and helped me through that time. He was such a great guy and always made me smile. My thoughts and prayers wre with you and your family.

Destine

Today is one year that we lost Scotty and how bad it still hurts,if I could only say I LOVE U one more time.What I wouid give.But I know we'll meet again.

STILL MISSING YOU!!!

LOVE,

KITZI

ALWAYS SAY ''I LOVE YOU ''IT MAY BE YOUR LAST.

• 4 weeks later...

There's not been one single day since March 13, 2006 that I've not thought of Scotty!

I long for that glorious day when I'll be reunited with Scotty and all my loved ones in my new home.

Still missing Scotty,

Love,

Dad

There's not been one single day since March 13, 2006 that I've not thought of Scotty!

I long for that glorious day when I'll be reunited with Scotty and all my loved ones in my new home.

Still missing Scotty,

Love,

Dad

I understand, for I lost my mom to cancer in 2003. God bless you and your family as you continue to mourn for the loss of your son.

PS..........I used to work with a Dodd. His name was Sammy. Any relation?