Paulding.com

To all who knew Trey Brown

To All:

I apolagize for the drastic name of this bulletin. However, it is written in truth. I was contact at 8pm tonight by a close friend of all Grads of PCHS 01, informing me that Trey Brown and his wife Lauren were found deceased in their home on the night of Monday the 9th. His family is in a deep state of mourning at the moment, and are wanting to make sure that all friends and associates of Trey's are informed of this unfortunate and tragic loss.

Unfortunately, I do not have any more details at the moment. My friend told me that Trey should be home by 4pm tomorrow, and that they are expecting his funeral to be held on Friday.

Please keep the Family of both Trey and his Wife Lauren in your prayers.

I will let all of you know as anymore details are revealed.

Trey was a graduate and dear friend of the Paulding County class of 2001. He and his wife Lauren were living in Texas where he was stationed.

-WineGuy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom was telling me this tonight. My brother played football with him. I just talked to my brother a few minutes ago and he just couldn't believe it.

To the Nix and Brown family, you are in my thoughts and prayers through this time.

Edited by dawn923

Thanks for the update Wineguy. We went to church with the Brown family, at Poplar Springs Baptist. My daughter and her best friend was in the youth group with Trey and Brittany. We all are heart broken. I burst out in tears when my daughter told me tonight. I think the world of Trey and his entire family.

Trey was a awsome person, he was always cutting up, making someone or all of us laugh. He was a great person. I still can't believe it. Our prayers and love are with both familys at this tragic time. May God watch over them and help them through this. Again, just heartbroke about this.

My thoughts and prays are with both the Nix and Brown families. Our oldest two both graduated with Trey and one played football with him while the other one cheered. Our families were for four years at the same places all the time. This has shocked us all.

To Larry and Carol, my thoughts and prayers are with you. While we at work are in the same building with Don, we don't know him except in passing. We do know you two, and Steve and I have known you for quite some time now. We know that you adored your grandson, as you spoke often of him and with great pride. It's tough losing a grandchild, I know from experience.

Please know that Steve, Renee, Ginger, myself and all our spouses are all thinking of you at this time.

BTW, Carol, I am the Carol who shares a maiden name with you.

Thank you all for your prayers... we need them at this time.

We will be posting more, and have asked some others to post on our behalf.

Please include the Andrews family in your prayers as well. They/we also lost a daughter.

Thank you also for your great memories of Trey.

I graduated with trey and we use to hang out some back in the day. Does anyone know where the funeral is going to be held? And does anyone know what happened to him and his wife exactly? He will be missed. if anyone knows anything send me a pm message please!

Mr/Mrs Brown: I am so terribly sorry to hear about this. I knew Trey as a student at PCHS & can say that he was a fine young man with a heart of gold & the character that every man should envy. My prayers are with you & the Nix family. I am so very sorry for your loss.

May God bless you & hold you close.

That is so sad. I went to school with Trey (8th grade through graduation) and I remember a larger than life guy. My firs memory of him was at South Paulding Middle during Spirit Week and he had on a hand made purple jumper/dress for opposite day. I just remember laughing so hard in the lunchroom.

My prayers are with the families.

I am here... need something to do.... thank you for the loving memories of Trey.

Thank you for your prayers at this time. We'll be posting something more later.....

Please pray for the Andrews family as well.. we already considered her a daughter and deeply mourn for her family....

Don,

I didn't know your son but my prayers go out to you and your family and for the Andrews family. I want to thank you for your sons service as it was your sacrifice as well. It deeply saddens me to hear of one of our nations heros and family go through these tragic circumstances. God bless you and your family. Also Don I am in Texas and if there is anything I can do at all please let me know.

Gregg

That's awful. I heard about it last night when my mom asked me if I knew him. My dad knows his grandpa and he was the photographer at my brother's wedding about seven years ago. I was a couple of years ahead of Trey at PCHS. The only time that I remember being around him was when I was a junior and he was good friends with one of my best friends. The three of used to often walk to third period together and chat and cut-up along the way. I never got to know him away from school, but he always seemed like a nice and decent fellow. My thoughts are with his family.

I am here... need something to do.... thank you for the loving memories of Trey.

Thank you for your prayers at this time. We'll be posting something more later.....

Please pray for the Andrews family as well.. we already considered her a daughter and deeply mourn for her family....

We are all praying for comfort for you Don and Trey's wife's family as well. Losing a child has got to be the hardest thing possible for any parents.

Larry and Carol Nix are such fine people, as are the rest of the family I'm sure!

Is this the Larry Nix of Nix Photography? He took headshots of my youngest daughter when she was getting into modeling. What a wonderful man!!

I'm really saddened to hear of the loss of these two young people. My prayers are with the families.

Thank you all for your prayers... we need them at this time.

We will be posting more, and have asked some others to post on our behalf.

Please include the Andrews family in your prayers as well. They/we also lost a daughter.

Thank you also for your great memories of Trey.

Don, Lisa, Brittany....

Matt woke me up last night to tell me the horrible news. I am in shock. Trey was the most charming young man. He was my "little boyfriend" and a favorite of ours among Matt's friends. He was always cmiling and cutting up with us...always making us feel like we were part of the group. He was a great football player and I used to tease him that he needed to go out for the Falcon's so he could get me tickets to the games....I cannot even imagine what ya'll are going through, especially Lisa, as a mom, I know how boys are "momma's boys', if he was anything like my 2....and Brittany and I have always been close...if there is ANYTHING we can do PLEASE call me...We think alot of you guys and we will be there for you. You are in our prayers.....we love you guys.

Chuck, Sherrie, Matt, and Ryan

P.S. Matt's a dad, 9/27, baby boy Bastian Pethel...he had a heart defect and had to go through open heart surgery, he's going great and hopefully will be home this weekend.

Trey was a great friend. He will be missed. He had a smile that would just make smile even if you were in a bad mood. I hated playing basketball against him in P.E. though... LOL We had some great times...

To the family I am praying that God will lay his hands on you all and help you through this.

If yall need anything let me or my family know!

John

I spent time with the family yesterday and they are devestated, as would be expected. But they are also a wonderful family with great faith. That along with all the prayers and support of their friends and family will help them through this tragic time. Please continue to pray for Don, Lisa and Brittney as well as the family of Trey's wife.

I love you guys and I will be here for ANYTHING that you need.

I don't know any of these families but as a mother and a sister my heart goes out to all of the families involved.

I am so sorry and saddened by your tragedy. You all seem like a wonderful family and you all will come out just fine.

Prayers said for all of you!