Paulding.com

R.I.P Helen Deavers Joiner...April 9 1956- September 17 2006

I Know I am never on her but wanted to write and tell everyone my Mother finally Lost her battle with cancer September 17th at 10:45 pm. She had been fighting with cancer for a little over a year and a half and finally is spread all over her body.

She is at Hightower's Memorial Chapel On Bankhead the viewing was tonight from 4pm-9pm tomorrow is the funeral at 11pm and she is being buried at Sweet water Memorial park

April 9 1956- September 17 2006

Chris (Rebel4life) Wrote a Poem , I thought it was really sweet.... here it is...

In this time of sorrow.

Helen truly will be missed,

But we must not grieve

over her loss.

For now she is in a better place,

Where Pain doesn't hurt anymore,

No more suffering and,

Everyday is filled with Joy.

We must remember the great times,

we all shared with her.

she was so full of life.

I remember many fun times

they will always be a spot

in all of our hearts for her.

Please don't forget That we will always,

Be thinking of you, Helen we all love you

And you will be deeply missed.

But we all know you will always be,

watching over us, showing us what to do.

R.I.P.

Bless your heart. I can sort of say I know how you feel. We lost my husband's mother to cancer in July. The time between being diagnosed and her death was 4 months which was kind of a blessing to her.

Bless my mother in law's heart, she never complained. (We found out the tumors in her brain masked most of her pain) She knew the lord and was ready to meet him.

She is always in my heart and my mind. I will be thinking and praying for your during the days you will have for the funeral and the days ahead where you will miss her.

Edited to add:

Oh my I just read her date of birth. She is only days older than me. She was young. You have to be younger. I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad I still have my Mom at 75 years of age.

Thank each and everyone of you. yes she was only 50, we hoped she would make it to her next birthday.

I am 19, my sisters's are 17,26 and 29.

Well they told us a month ago she only had 6 months left... that was the fastest 6 months I ever seen (one month)

Thank you all. and I am sorry for your losses also.

RebelChick, :(

My heart sank when I read your post. Your mom shared a birthday with mine...same month, day and year. I cannot imagine what you must feel right now. I will pray for you and your family, and I will hug my mom extra tight when I see her again. I am SO sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom almost 2 yrs ago to cancer and I miss her as much today as I did then. But to lose your mom at 19 is a horror that should never happen. All our moms are watching over us and we'll be with them again someday. Bless you and your family at this time.

Thank's everyone, it was hard today, We all knew it would be, I am just glad Chris was there for me. we left the sematery went to the house for a while and me and chris went back later for about a hour and just sat next to the grave site and talked, and cryed. Chris is great, and is here for me so I will be okay.

Thank you all...