Paulding.com

A tribute to my Daddy.......

I was just sitting thinking about my Dad. He passed away 14 yrs ago today :( I still remember when I got the phone call. He was only 39 yrs old.

I still miss him alot and wish that he was still here :( I know he will forever be in my heart but I just wish I could put my arms around his neck and give him a BIG hug. :( :(

love you Daddy!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

(sorry if this is not the correct forum) ;)

post-9652-1157122562_thumb.jpg

Edited by leogirl08
I was just sitting thinking about my Dad. He passed away 14 yrs ago today :( I still remember when I got the phone call. He was only 39 yrs old.

I still miss him alot and wish that he was still here :( I know he will forever be in my heart but I just wish I could my arms around his neck and give him a BIG hug. :( :(

So sorry you're hurting, And I know how you feel. I lost my dad Memorial Day 05 from a massive heart attack. We had been home from there house about 30 mins when my sister called and said something was wrong with my dad. I immediately went over there (1.5 miles from my house) and the paramedics were working on him. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him and Miss him... it hasn't gotten any easier and I don't think it ever will.

You'll be in my prayers

I still miss him alot and wish that he was still here :( I know he will forever be in my heart but I just wish I could put my arms around his neck and give him a BIG hug. :( :(

My heart goes out to you.. and so do my prayers..

So sorry you're hurting, And I know how you feel. I lost my dad Memorial Day 05 from a massive heart attack. We had been home from there house about 30 mins when my sister called and said something was wrong with my dad. I immediately went over there (1.5 miles from my house) and the paramedics were working on him. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him and Miss him... it hasn't gotten any easier and I don't think it ever will.

You'll be in my prayers

"Time Heals All Wounds." Not true. But, we do learn better with the passing of each day how to deal with the constant hurt in our lives.

Your tribute to your dad is so touching. I know it is hard even after many years. I lost my dad 10 yrs ago yesterday and one thing

is for sure, the memories never leave you.

You did a lovely tribute to your dad.

nemie

Your tribute to your dad is so touching. I know it is hard even after many years. I lost my dad 10 yrs ago yesterday and one thing

is for sure, the memories never leave you.

You did a lovely tribute to your dad.

nemie

thank you :)

You know that I'm always praying for, and that I'm always here with a shoulder. You have so many good memories of your Daddy and you know he loved you very much!!

btw...your "youngest" brother looks more and more like him every day!!

yeah and acts a whole heck of a lot like him too <_<

Edited by leogirl08

The way I have delt with the death of my Daddy (13 years ago) was to make a scrapbook and take some of the pictures I had while we were on vacation or just goofing off and paste one on a page and write my own account of what was exciting that we did on the day I took the picture. I got so carried away, I started writing funny jokes he would tell me, things he would say and do. The last two years of his life, he had to go daily and take radiation and chemo. Every day I drove over 100 miles to get him and take him for his treatments. Those trips, although dreaded, I cherish because it was my time and his time together. All the things we did during those two years, I have added to my scrapbook. When I feel his presence or am lonely, I get my scrapbook out and look at all of the pictures and things I have written, especially what he said, and I end up feeling better because we did have some good times together especially those last two years. I miss my Daddy and loved him so, but I know he is with my Mother and they are dancing in the streets of Heaven.

Wonderful post about your father and I can relate so much to what you said. I lost my father from a sudden heart attack in Aug of 2000. When the date recently passed, I could not believe it had been 6 years. There is not a day goes by that I do not think of him.

It is very helpful to share grief with others, because most often grief seems so lonely. I am in the middle of it now. I just lost my daddy 4 months ago from a stroke. He was 65 and far too young in my opinion. Being around friends that don't mind talking about it helps. Thanks for your post because just when you think that your alone again someone else reminds you that others are going through the same thing. I am sorry for your loss.

:( Daddyless now for 2.5 years. I miss my daddy! My kids miss their POPPY. My husband misses his golf partner. My mother misses her soulmate! He was a young too, young age of 58 when the Lord took him home. Doesn't stop me from wanting to hug him and ask for his advice. My heart breaks for everyone that has a loss.

~Raven

I'm so sorry you're hurting. I'm sure he's looking down on you now :blush:

I lost my Daddy 5 months ago on September 7th. I miss him so much, and the pain is still so raw.

I know, though, that he's up in Heaven hanging out and fixing old cars with his Dad and my other grandfather. B)

• 2 weeks later...

leogirl, i too feel your pain. i lost my dad on august 28, 1994, 12 years ago. i was only 22 and my youngest sister only 16. i am now 34 and have a little girl who just turned 7 that he never got to ever see. it breaks my heart to know that he is gone, but i too treasure the memories and there are so many. everything my dad did was for us kids and he had the biggest heart i have ever known. i never could imagine life without him even though i knew that "someday" he would be gone. mine wasn't as young as yours but he had just turned 50 in may. today he would be 62, still young! i named my daughter after him and i tell her about him all the time. i so wish that he could be here today to know her because i know he would just be tickled silly to see how much like him she really is.

keep your chin up, it's true that time does NOT make the pain go away, but knowing that we will someday be reunited helps some. and to know that he lives on in my daughter helps a lot too. feel free to email me if you ever need a ahoulder to cry on or some support. it is very hard to lose your daddy, but just remember that he is in your heart forever!