Paulding.com

I think today will be the hardest day for the family, the time has come to lay them to rest......

I have prayed for these families since the tragedy happened....

and I will be praying today and beyond....

God bless these families and give them strength.

May these children rest in peace.

:wub:

Rest in peace

'I'll Fly Away'

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,

I'll fly away;

To a home on God's celestial shore,

I'll fly away

I'll fly away, Oh Glory

I'll fly away;

When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,

I'll fly away

Just a few more weary days and then,

I'll fly away;

To a land where joy shall never end,

I'll fly away

Julie you are speaking what I am thinking...this song helped me get thru some very HARD times...

God please be with these families & friends & let your love guide & comfort them thru their struggles...

Edited by RoniFreck

Rianna's memorial service and the gathering afterwards were.... well, hard to even put into words. Heart felt, touching, beautiful, painful, enveloping, loving --- a community.

I agree, SoapMom. So beautiful. I was VERY glad to see Daniel and Ryan there. It made me feel better to know that they were ok enough physically to be there.

BTW.... Can anyone tell me who the women were who led the service for Rianna? I mean.. I know their names but are they part of the ministry of West Ridge??

Edited by maxine
I agree, SoapMom. So beautiful. I was VERY glad to see Daniel and Ryan there. It made me feel better to know that they were ok enough physically to be there.

BTW.... Can anyone tell me who the women were who led the service for Rianna? I mean.. I know their names but are they part of the ministry of West Ridge??

No, they are friends of the Winchester family.

No relation to the West Ridge Staff, Family, or Membership.

West Ridge simply provided a facility large enough to handle the anticipated gathering.

No relation to the West Ridge Staff, Family, or Membership.

West Ridge simply provided a facility large enough to handle the anticipated gathering.

Thanks - I was wondering as well. Different sort of service. Loved the standing ovation after the grandmother's remarks.

This was Chuck's Mom... She is a real hoot. My daughter and I met her the other day at the Winchester's house. At the service.. she talked about how she is a Christan and she KNOWS that she will see Rianna again someday... YOU GO GRANDMA !!!!

I thought the memorial was a beautiful reflection of a loving family --- and all the many personalities which make up that family --- and a true celebration of Rianna's life.

The Grandmother shared a few words about her Christian faith, and how important that was in her life. It was heart felt. And she shared her joy in her belief that she will see Rianna again. She is quite a spit-fire! :) I enjoyed visiting with her afterwards.

Others shared too -- memories from birth to present, her parents, sister, Aunt, cousins, and best friends, the ups and downs of relationships, and the triumph of true friendship to ride all of those storms. Songs which were of import to the family were played, and a moving slide-show with music was played almost throughout the entire service.

The service was indeed "different" than most people will attend --- but in my opinion such services should be a direct reflection of the person that it is honoring, and the family who is doing the honoring. This memorial was just that. A fitting tribute filled with light, laughter, tears, joy, and shared heartache.