Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Winchester

Rianna Sheya Winchester, age 16, of Dallas, passed away on Thursday, August 17, 2006. She was born on August 6, 1990 in Savannah, GA to Charles F. and Lara Lee Winchester. She was a Junior at East Paulding High School. Rianna was a member of the Varsity Soccer Team and was in the band in her first 2 years at East Paulding High School as well as 3 years at Moses Middle School.

Surviving are her parents, Charles F. and Lara Lee Winchester of Dallas; a sister, Larisa Winchester of Dallas; a brother, Evan Winchester of Dallas; paternal grandmother, Ronella Winchester of Islandton, S.C.; maternal grandparents, Carl and Patti Rang of St. Augustine, FL.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. from West Ridge Church with Ceil Thomas officiating. The body will be cremated after the service. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 4:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Regions Bank, Rianna Winchester Memorial Fund, 160 Confederate Ave., Dallas, GA 30132, Attn: Meredith Rariden. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram is in charge of arrangements.

When I have attended close friends funerals in the past, if they had a favorite color, I would hand out ribbons in that color to each person. Just a suggestion since green was her favorite color.

I don't even want to imagine how her family and friends must feel.

Prayers said. :(

withhopenew.jpg

With Hope

Steven Curtis Chapman

this is not at all how

we thought it was supposed to be

we had so many plans for you

we had so many dreams

and now you've gone away

and left us with the memories of your smile

and nothing we can say

and nothing we can do

can take away the pain

the pain of losing you but

we can cry with hope

we can say goodbye with hope

'cause we know our goodbye is not the end oh no

and we can grieve with hope

'cause we believe with hope

there's a place where we'll see your face again

we'll see your face again

and never have i known

anything so hard to understand

and never have i questioned more

the wisdom of god's plan

but through the cloud of tears

i see the father smile and say well done

and i imagine you

where you wanted most to be

seeing all your dreams come true

'cause now you're home

and now you're free and

we have this hope as an anchor

'cause we believe that everything

god promised us is true so

we wait with hope

and we ache with hope

we hold on with hope

we let go with hope

Edited by 1stimemom

As I look through my daughter's old yearbooks, it hits me again and again. I see the band pictures with them Ryan and Rianna and my daughter. I found where they had signed her yearbook, once their signatures are right next to each others. The silly faces, the jokes, the laughter. The memory is there. Bittersweet.

CW & Heartstar,

Sometime in the future when you read this post, my hope is that it will comfort your hearts. The last few days, I have struggled to write this as my heart has been broken and is in agony. We lost our daughter this past year suddenly and tragically and I have been re-experiencing many of the emotions.

By now, you have experienced every emotion possible in every range possible. Undoubtedly every thought imaginable also. Some have said that "they know how you feel", others "that can't imagine how you feel", and some say "there is a plan". Even when these offerings of support and compassion don't seem to fit, know that the reason they are there is because they love you and care deeply. They want to be there for you and help. No one can "fix" what has happened, but their love for you is precious and you already know that.

The Staff at WestRidge has been a tremendous source of strength, grace, and compassion for us. There have been a number of families at West Ridge that have lost children during the last couple of years. The Staff has experienced the sorrow and pain with each. There is no question in my mind that they have already been or would be open to you also. Their compassion for people is not their occupations, it is who they are, it is how they live everyday. They are truly exceptional.

A couple of days after we lost our daughter, the lead pastor shared a thought with me that is still with me today, 10 months later. There is a novel being written. It began at the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time. The chapters in the past are history and the chapters in the future have not yet been read. Along the way, there are chapters that we do not like. If we had our choice, we would not read them nor would we even put them in the novel. We don't understand why they are there. They don't make sense. You might even say that we hate these unwanted chapters. The unfortunate reality is that they are there. If it were possible, I would personally remove this chapter for you because I know your pain. But I can't. It's such a helpless feeling sometimes. The only hope we can have is that someday, we pick-up the novel and begin to read again. We are changed, we will never be the same, we may never be able to fully accept the unwanted chapters, but we eventually begin to read and live the novel again.

Please know that since this past Thursday, there are those of us who have never met you and have never had anything in common with you until now, but our thoughts, prayers, and our hearts are focused toward you. I pray that you are receiving comfort from all of your family and friends. I am sure that you are currently being overwhelmingly covered with their love. I pray that in the next weeks, months, and years that they continue to hold you and be always in your lives for support.

With all of our hearts, we commit our thoughts and love in your direction.

I printed this off and will take it to them tomorrow.....

LL

CW & Heartstar,

Sometime in the future when you read this post, my hope is that it will comfort your hearts. The last few days, I have struggled to write this as my heart has been broken and is in agony. We lost our daughter this past year suddenly and tragically and I have been re-experiencing many of the emotions.

By now, you have experienced every emotion possible in every range possible. Undoubtedly every thought imaginable also. Some have said that "they know how you feel", others "that can't imagine how you feel", and some say "there is a plan". Even when these offerings of support and compassion don't seem to fit, know that the reason they are there is because they love you and care deeply. They want to be there for you and help. No one can "fix" what has happened, but their love for you is precious and you already know that.

The Staff at WestRidge has been a tremendous source of strength, grace, and compassion for us. There have been a number of families at West Ridge that have lost children during the last couple of years. The Staff has experienced the sorrow and pain with each. There is no question in my mind that they have already been or would be open to you also. Their compassion for people is not their occupations, it is who they are, it is how they live everyday. They are truly exceptional.

A couple of days after we lost our daughter, the lead pastor shared a thought with me that is still with me today, 10 months later. There is a novel being written. It began at the beginning of time and will continue until the end of time. The chapters in the past are history and the chapters in the future have not yet been read. Along the way, there are chapters that we do not like. If we had our choice, we would not read them nor would we even put them in the novel. We don't understand why they are there. They don't make sense. You might even say that we hate these unwanted chapters. The unfortunate reality is that they are there. If it were possible, I would personally remove this chapter for you because I know your pain. But I can't. It's such a helpless feeling sometimes. The only hope we can have is that someday, we pick-up the novel and begin to read again. We are changed, we will never be the same, we may never be able to fully accept the unwanted chapters, but we eventually begin to read and live the novel again.

Please know that since this past Thursday, there are those of us who have never met you and have never had anything in common with you until now, but our thoughts, prayers, and our hearts are focused toward you. I pray that you are receiving comfort from all of your family and friends. I am sure that you are currently being overwhelmingly covered with their love. I pray that in the next weeks, months, and years that they continue to hold you and be always in your lives for support.

With all of our hearts, we commit our thoughts and love in your direction.

I was four hours away when I got this news.... my Heart broke. I came home today. I was here in spirit with all.

My Love, prayers, friendship and support go out to Rianna's family at this time.

Death is something that always bewilders those who escape its grip. Our finite understanding is faced with the soul's life of infinity, one that we cannot understand until we experience it personally. We are faced with emotions from happiness when we think of the good times had, to anger, denial and sadness of the circumstances. There is a song that was recorded years ago that I have shared with many people who lost loved ones and I would like to share it here as well. It was written about a man who had a disease that he died of, but the message transcends to all deaths. I hope it can bring comfort.

If You Could See Me Now

(Kim Noblitt)

Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.

The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.

No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.

We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.

Cho: If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.

If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.

If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.

If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.

You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place,

If you could only see me now.

My light and temporary trials have worked out for my good,

To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood.

Though we've had our sorrows, they can never compare.

What Jesus has in store for us, no language can share. (Chorus twice)

You wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place

If you could only see me now

If you could see me now

Kim Noblitt, © 1992 Integrity's Praise/BMI and Dad and Dann Music

Death is something that always bewilders those who escape its grip. Our finite understanding is faced with the soul's life of infinity, one that we cannot understand until we experience it personally. We are faced with emotions from happiness when we think of the good times had, to anger, denial and sadness of the circumstances. There is a song that was recorded years ago that I have shared with many people who lost loved ones and I would like to share it here as well. It was written about a man who had a disease that he died of, but the message transcends to all deaths. I hope it can bring comfort.

If You Could See Me Now

(Kim Noblitt)

Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.

The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.

No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.

We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.

Cho: If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.

If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.

If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.

If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.

You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place,

If you could only see me now.

My light and temporary trials have worked out for my good,

To know it brought Him glory when I misunderstood.

Though we've had our sorrows, they can never compare.

What Jesus has in store for us, no language can share. (Chorus twice)

You wouldn't want me to ever leave this perfect place

If you could see me now

Kim Noblitt, © 1992 Integrity's Praise/BMI and Dad and Dann Music

There are no words or will never be enough words...

Lara told me today that Rianna's favorite color was green and I have a green candle burning for her tonight. :(

Jabez, that is just perfect.

And you're right, there are no words, except I love you. And lots of hugs.

A friend of mine was saying that there is no religion that has an adequate answer as to why this happens. Mine is no exception. :(

Rest In Peace Rianna.

critty,

yes, you are right, "We are faced with emotions from happiness when we think of the good times had, to anger, denial and sadness of the circumstances"

that is a lovely song, comforting.

we played it at one of our family's funeral's.

Jabez, you say Rianna's favorite color was green :D

I have the rock for her garden :wub:

thank you :excl:

CW. From one father to another. :wub:

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin

I feel you come back again

And it’s like you haven’t been gone a moment from my side,

Like the tears were never cried,

Like the hands of time were pulling you and me.

And with all my heart I’m sure we’re closer than we ever were,

I don’t have to hear or see I’ve got all the proof I need.

There are more than angels watching over me

I believe

Oh I believe

Now when you die and life goes on, I

t doesn’t end here

When you’re gone every soul has found a flight

It never ends if I’m right.

Our love can even reach across eternity.

I believe

Oh I believe

Forever you’re a part of me,

Forever in the heart of me,

I will hold you even longer if I can.

Oh the people, who don’t see the most,

See that I believe in ghosts.

If that makes me crazy then I am

Cuz I believe

Oh I believe

There are more than angels watching over me.

I believe

Oh I believe

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin,

I feel you come back again

And I believe

Rest in peace

'I'll Fly Away'

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,

I'll fly away;

To a home on God's celestial shore,

I'll fly away

I'll fly away, Oh Glory