Paulding.com

Today will be the hardest day for the families, the time has come to lay their children to rest.

I am praying for these families that God would give them strength and bless them in the days to come.

May these children rest in peace.

:wub:

Amen

We just recently returned from the service and the cemetary, just wanted to give an update!

The service was beautifully done and quite moving!

So many people were there, the church auditorium filled up and their overflow room (connected via video link) also filled up, it was very fulfilling to see the outpouring of support from family, friends and the community!

I did not get to personally speak to Leesa, but did see her and she again showed remarkable courage and strength! They had put together a very nice video of pictures of Jonathan throughout his life and had set it to music, it was very nice, and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

I will say that I have never seen such a long funeral procession in my life, and at the cemetary, Jonathan's band mates played a tribute for him, it was very nice!

We continue to keep all of the families involved in this tragedy in our thoughts and prayers! I know a lot of the kids that have been to the services for both Rianna and Jonathan and the other events surrounding must be physically, mentally and emotionally worn out! What a remarkable group of teenagers! They also are in our prayers as well!

Oh course Mrs Hicks has not been forgotten nor will her son. If she needs anything please let us know. I know some may be seeing the posts about Rianna and think its not fair but if there is no one to tell us what Mrs Hicks needs or what we can do then there is little we can offer.

Anything I have done has been for all four families. I know all of them are in need of support right now.

Two families have injured children who have a long recovery in front of them, physically and emotionally. And two other families are dealing with horrible losses. While I may not know all the families or children involved, my heart goes to out to all of them.

I personally have repeatedly asked about the Hicks family and acknowledged my concern. I would like to let her know I am available if she feels the need for some emotional support at this time. I am offering that to all the families. If I feel that I cannot provide the support they need, I will be glad to give them a referral.

I don't know what else to give. I'm not that great of a cook, my own house is a disaster, and I am broke most of the time (social services!), so what I have to offer is myself. I do this for a living. I can provide the emotional support they need. Please let Mrs. Hicks know that I am available to her.

My continued thoughts and prayers.

I knew Mrs. Hicks was a p.com member but was asked not to say anything. Please know that everyone grieves differently and she has been through a lot the last month and a half.

Jonathan was not forgotten at all.

Leesa you are in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. :wub:

[Edit is no reflection of post. Keeping thead on topic. Thank you.]

Edited by Ms. Clara