Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX-770-505-7273

NEWSPAPER OBIT

Hicks

Jonathan Oliver Hicks, age 17, of Acworth, passed away on Thursday, August 17, 2006. He was born on March 28, 1989 in Gainesville, GA. He was a Senior at East Paulding High School. Jonathan was a percussionist with the East Paulding High School Band and a member of Hope Methodist Church in Hiram. He was preceded in death by his father, Kenneth Wayne Hicks who passed away on July 5, 2006.

Surviving are his mother, Leesa Collier Hicks of Acworth; sisters and brothers-in-law, January and Duane Shiflett of Cartersville, GA and Mega and Frank Sumner of St. Marys, GA; maternal grandfather, G. L. Collier of Chattanooga, TN; paternal grandmother, Hazel Hicks of Bristol, TN; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 4:00 p.m. from Hope Methodist Church with Reverend Tommy Willingham officiating. The interment will follow in Kennesaw Memorial Park. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

I can feel the pain of the loss of her husband. Been there and it still

hurts. But the loss of a child in inconceivable to me. My mind will not

let my heart go there. To have such loss so close together is unthinkable.

You are truly in my thoughts and prayers.

Aileen

I have been beside myself since I found out. It's heart wrenching! I'm only his neighbor, and barely knew Jonathon. It tears my heart out what his mom must be going through! I am here for her though, ANYTHING she needs, and have told her that. I spent a few moments with her earlier and we cried and hugged.

I can report that she is coping, obviously devasted! Keep her in your prayers!

Oh Dear God I have been thinking about this mother losing her child , but to lose her husband only a few weeks ago it just so disturbing. This is when I finally broke down over this whole tragedy. I do not know what to say or do but pray for her that god will love her and keep her as strong as she can be at this time.

This is breakin my heart.

god bless you remember we all care about you here on paulding.com

Oh Dear God I have been thinking about this mother losing her child , but to lose her husband only a few weeks ago it just so disturbing. This is when I finally broke down over this whole tragedy. I do not know what to say or do but pray for her that god will love her and keep her as strong as she can be at this time.

This is breakin my heart.

god bless you remember we all care about you here on paulding.com

i am new and i don't them but the past few days i have come to know you . i will pray for you and all the familys may god bless you and keep you strong .

I know and pray God will give Leesa and her family the strength they need to get through this tragic time in their lives. I can't quit thinking about all of the family's involved and what they must be going through. I was not fortunate enough to have meet any of these kids, but I know Jonathan and Rianna will be missed very much. I pray for strength for Daniel and Ryan to get well soon and the faith to get through the death's of their friends. :(

Not only should we pray for those who have left us but we need to pray for those in the hospital and pray that maybe this might help prevent a further loss. As bad as this is, maybe this was a way for God to help us to prevent further tragedies. He works in mysterious ways.

I returned from the funeral home about 7:00 I guess, there were SO many people there, it's great to see how much these two were loved by their community and friends!

I must also say, that Leesa Hicks showed remarkable courage and strength!! Having lost her husband on July 5th, and now her son!

I just joined this board a few days ago, and the outpouring of help from you people is astounding I must say, and it's great to see a community pull together when tragedy like this strikes.

I see how all of you have pulled together for all of the students at EPHS, and it makes me happy that I live in Paulding County!

I just wanted to say thanks! My heart goes out to all of these families!

My kids are still kind of young, 5, 7 and 9, we live next door to the Hicks and they do not quite understand this, but I try to explain it to them as best I can.

Thanks again for everyone pulling together for these families in their time of need, I know it means a lot to all of these families at this time!

Wasn't Mrs. Hicks a p'ommer also??? Does anyone know?

Yes. Provol56. :(

I had tried to make it to the funeral home last night for visitation, but after unpacking/eating it was already after the end time.

Please know Provol that I send you my prayers and heart-felt sympathy. I'm truly sorry for your loss. May your faith keep you strong, and uplifted, and may your warm and happy memories bring you peace. Blessings to you.