Paulding.com

My sweet Daddy, Mr. Charles Pack of Acworth, died Sunday July 2 at Wellstar Tranquility Hospice in Austell. He was 77.

He had bravely battled bladder and kidney cancer for a long time.

He and Momma were married 57 years in May. He worked 34 years at Lockheed and served in the Air Force and the Reserves.

We moved to Paulding County in 1979.

He and Momma were one of the founding families of St Vincent DePaul Catholic Mission in Dallas.

His service was appropriately held today, July 4th, at St. Vincent DePaul. Daddy will be cremated and have a burial with full military honors at the new VA cemetary in Canton at a later date.

We will miss him terribly but are comforted to know that he is finally free of pain, surrounded by our loved ones and the Heavenly Father.

kelly

Chuck was an "Old School" Gentleman and a Scholar, and will be sorely missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him. He and Joyce are/were specical.

Mrs S and I have had the pleasure of knowing Chuck for going on to 15 years now. Always wearing a real smile, Chuck was truly a good guy.

For you Lockheed trivia folks out there, I believe Chuck's design talents were used on the old 131's, the C5 and many more.

We will miss you Chuck....your smile was always a true welcome on Sunday morning.

Mskel, I am so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you, and to your family.

From what I have read via your wonderfully written word,

it is most definitely my loss to have never known him.

Peace be with you and your family. Prayer lifted in his name.

We knew Chuck from church. And he and your mom have always had a hug and a smile for us when saw them at church. He was a wonderful man and we all loved him. I know that he is resting now and is in a much better place. God bless your mom, you and your family.

mskel,

I have had the pleasure of knowing your mom and dad for the last 10 years. I met them at SVDP and they have always welcomed me and my family with a smile and a hug.

I was deeply saddened to arrive back in town last night and to hear the news of Chuck. He will always hold a special place in my heart. A very kind and gentle soul.

Please pass my condolences on to Joyce and the rest of your family. I will keep your mother in my prayers. I miss seeing her. Be strong for her. She will definitely need her family.

God Bless You and thank you for sharing these lovely words of your father.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of comfort.

I will pass them along to my mother as well. (If you want to PM me your "real" name, I am sure she would like to send her thanks. :) )

I think we are still in the stunned phase for now.

Much Love

Kelly

Kelly, you know we will be here for you and your mom if you ever need us....we are just a phone call away....Joyce and Chuck were/are our family and always will be...we met at the bread co. a place your dad would have been if he could have, need to get Joyce there one Tuesday morning it would be good for her and we would love it!!!! He will always be with us in our hearts and minds and sometimes it might hurt to think about it but it is a good thing....Tell Joyce I will be calling to check up on her....take one day at a time....love ya, Terry

Thank you everyone for your wonderful words of comfort.

I will pass them along to my mother as well. (If you want to PM me your "real" name, I am sure she would like to send her thanks. :) )

I think we are still in the stunned phase for now.

Much Love

Kelly