Mrs. Herschella Ann Gunter Turner

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Turner

Mrs. Herschella Ann Gunter Turner, age 64, of Villa Rica, formerly of Hiram, passed away on Saturday, July 1, 2006. She was born on January 15, 1942 in Madera, California. She was retired from MGI Plastics and was a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her father, Herschel Paul Gunter and her brother, Larry Gunter.

Surviving are her daughters, Stacey Ann Holloman of Austell and Tanya Leigh Holloman of Villa Rica; a son and daughter-in-law, Jeff and Christine Shipp of Lithia Springs; her mother, Allie Ruth Parrish Gunter of Hiram; brothers and sisters-in-law, David and Pat Gunter of Hiram, Robert and Judy Gunter of Hiram and Michael L. Gunter of Hiram; three grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Reverend Lamar Rackley officiating. The interment will follow in Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA in charge of arrangements.

Tree crashes onto mobile home, killing woman

A woman was killed Saturday night when a tree being cut down next door crashed through the roof of her mobile home in Villa Rica.

Herscella Ann Turner, 62, was pronounced dead at the scene, said Carroll County Sheriff’s Sgt. Marc Griffith.

A 51-year-old Dallas man visiting his girlfriend on Evergreen Drive was cutting down the tree about 8 p.m.

Griffith said the man, whose name was not released pending charges, had tied off a 100-foot-tall pine tree that he intended to have fall between his girlfriend’s mobile home and Turner’s.

Once the tree was cut and fell in the wrong direction it smashed through Turner’s home, crushing the master bedroom, where Turner was reportedly asleep.

Authorities are still awaiting the man’s toxicology results to determine whether drugs or alcohol played a factor in the incident.

My thoughts and Prayers are with this family!!

Very tragic. :(

I knew Hershella because she and my sister graduated from Hiram together, and I knew the family well from being raised in the same church and community. My uncle managed her dad's chicken houses.

Rest in Peace dear lady.