Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX-770-505-7273

NEWSPAPER OBIT

Cheek

Steven Nicholas Cheek, age 21, of Dallas, passed away on Saturday, June 10, 2006. He was born on November 27, 1984 in Atlanta. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Roy M. Cheek and his grandmother, Rhunae Morris.

Surviving are his father, Roy Cheek of Dallas; his mother, Valerie Cheek of Dallas; brothers, Brian Adam Cheek of Dallas and Michael Lynn Cheek of Fairburn; his grandfather, W. A. Morris of Sharpsburg, GA and his grandmother, Darlene Cheek of College Park, GA.

A graveside service will be held on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. from Sweetwater Memorial Park in Hiram. The family will receive friends on Monday from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

So sorry to see such a young life lost. I saw the cross and flowers on the side of 120 today, and the cross said in memory of Steven Cheek, so yes, this was the person involved in the wreck near Draketown. Please keep this family in your prayers, such a horrible tragedy. Any information on the other person involved....

Brian Cheek..the brother came by the pool room this evening...He said hi ,,and the very next statement was..We are burying my brother tomorrow..no emotion ...just ..emotionally flat. So sad..It is like he just can't take the information in.. He did say the other person in the vehicle took the IVs out of their arm and walked out of Grady AMA.... Brian is very close in age to his brother and I ache for him and the family!

Mizcue, so sad to hear about the brother. I cannot even imagine what he must be feeling. I did not even know the person involved, but just from being on the scene when this happened has been horrible for me. I have not stopped thinking about it since it happened. I saw the information that you posted about the other person that was in the vehicle, does that mean that is is physically okay, or do we know anything about his condition, other than the fact that he left the hospital on his own? I can tell you that from the look of the scene, it is an absolute miracle that he was even able to pull IV's out of his arm. I will continue to pray for everyone involved.

Edited by Christa01

It is so sad....Brian is one of those helthy rosie cheeked fellows ...always with some mischief gentle turning up the corners of his ever present smile. He was with 3 other young folks who were going on with their typical young person playfullness..and Brian was pale and just kinda there. He tried to engage in conversation...but it was very superficial..poor fellow kept coming in and out of conversation.... For anyone..this would be most difficult...but Brian is one of those special sensitive folks who cares deeply about people...

He and his family remain in my thoughts and prayers....

..no emotion ...just ..emotionally flat. So sad..It is like he just can't take the information in..

that is what it's like.

there is a wall, denial, numb, not really believing what "they" said.

... they've got the wrong person. -_-

God bless this family

Just wanted to send my condolences to the family. I knew Steven @ EPHS. He was a great guy. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. My husband & I live on McGarity Rd. about 3 mins up from where the wreck happened. We were on our way home when we saw all the police go by so we drove down to see if we knew anyone. At the time I didn't know who it was that had died. I'm so sorry to hear about this. God bless, the family & friends are in my prayers