Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Cruz

Justin Cruz Jr., age 15, of Dallas, passed away on Monday, June 5, 2006. He was born on September 5, 1990 in West Palm Beach, FL. He was a student at East Paulding High School. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, James Wattenbarger.

Surviving are his mother, Shelley Wattenbarger of Dallas; his brother, Pablo Rangel of Dallas; his sisters, Adrianna, Megan and Amy Wattenbarger of Dallas; grandparents, Lucille and Joseph D’Amato of Rockmart; aunts and uncles; cousins.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, June 8, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Reverend Danny Strong officiating. The family will receive friends on Thursday from 11:00 a.m. until the service time. Clark Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.

I always try to post prayers for the families that are having to deal with death, but this one is ripping my heart out!

May God be with Shelley as she lays her son to rest , may God confort her in her time of sadness and heart break,

Justin will be truly missed at EPHS! but his courage to fight will never be forgotten! :(

I talked to the grandmother for quite a while today.

And she told me somethings about his passing. Some

of it Shelley will have to share, but I want to share one

thing. He actually died yesterday morning and the

doctors brought him back. Grandmother said that

when he became conscious after that he said " I

died and they brought me back, but I have to tell

you it was SO BEAUTIFUL THERE. There is a peace

it knowing that he is with God and flying with the

Angels. His sisters spent the day with us while the

family made arrangements. They are doing great.

Justin never hid anything from them. He told them

everything about his condition and where he was

going when he died. He prepared them well. They

told me that they want to keep some of his ashes.

We talked about a necklace that they can put them

in. One of them ( I still can't tell them apart ) told

me that she had 4 quarters and 5 dimes would that

be enough to buy them all a necklace for Justin. I

knew it wouldn't but I told her that I'm sure that

it would. If anyone knows where there are nice

memorials for them please let me know. Thank you

for everything everyone is doing. Keep remembering

them in your prayers.

Aileen

j gmaw exactly what kind of necklace is it the family wanting?

I know you can have them made with his picture and date on it, but I don;t know about actually having the ashes in one,

Give me some idea of maybe some substitutes for the necklaces with ashes in them, and I will see what I can do!

You may have to talk to Clarks about the necklaces, if he can do them let me know, I am not sure exactly what is offered to family members when it comes to the loved ones ashes.

j gmaw exactly what kind of necklace is it the family wanting?

I know you can have them made with his picture and date on it, but I don;t know about actually having the ashes in one,

Give me some idea of maybe some substitutes for the necklaces with ashes in them, and I will see what I can do!

You may have to talk to Clarks about the necklaces, if he can do them let me know, I am not sure exactly what is offered to family members when it comes to the loved ones ashes.

I posted links for some that hold ashes.

OK we may have to go another route, those necklaces are 100.00 and over,

so please j gmaw see if they will think of something else, I am so sorry I just can not afford that,

these are less, and some of the hearts are $49.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cremation-Glass-Angel-...oQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cremation-Praying-hand...oQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cremation-Heart-Urn-Ur...oQQcmdZViewItem (the heart)

OK we may have to go another route, those necklaces are 100.00 and over,

so please j gmaw see if they will think of something else, I am so sorry I just can not afford that,

Yeah, neither can I or they. I was talking to Doreen and if there is money left over

we could put it toward this. Clark would probably give us the best deal. Lucille ( the

grandmother ) said that Sam Clark said that they could bring lockets, necklaces, or

whatever anytime and they would fill them with the ashes for them. I'm just looking

for the best deal. I'm sure Shelley would be happy with anything. The girls just have

their hearts set on something they can wear that has a part of their brother in it.

Thanks,

Aileen

Yeah, neither can I or they. I was talking to Doreen and if there is money left over

we could put it toward this. Clark would probably give us the best deal. Lucille ( the

grandmother ) said that Sam Clark said that they could bring lockets, necklaces, or

whatever anytime and they would fill them with the ashes for them. I'm just looking

for the best deal. I'm sure Shelley would be happy with anything. The girls just have

their hearts set on something they can wear that has a part of their brother in it.

Thanks,

Aileen

look at the second set I posted...they range from $35 to $49. How many neckalces would be needed for the family?

if all im reading is ture, he is getting cremated? or no?

hows is funeral gonna be? an open casket...then are they going to cremate him?

im so confused. sorry guys. :unsure:

What I have heard is that he is going to be cremated. I am assuming that it will be done before the funeral but I do not know for sure..

My prayers are with this family as we know what it is like to have a child pass at the age of 15. No one can ever say you know what it is like until you have been there, and it is one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life.

Had Justin been sick for some time or was this sudden?

Prayers said for the family.

My prayers are with this family as we know what it is like to have a child pass at the age of 15. No one can ever say you know what it is like until you have been there, and it is one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life.

Had Justin been sick for some time or was this sudden?

Prayers said for the family.

He passed away waiting on a third (I think it was 3rd) heart transplant :(

Cremation and services can happen a few differnt ways (at least in NY, but I assume Ga would be the same).

1) A person can have just a memorial (cremate right after death)

2) A person can be viewed (open casket) then be cremated after service or viewing

if all im reading is ture, he is getting cremated? or no?

hows is funeral gonna be? an open casket...then are they going to cremate him?

im so confused. sorry guys. :unsure:

There will be a viewing from 10-2. And then a service at 2. After

the service the body will be sent off for cremation. You can do

it that way or not view the body. But there is a better sense

of closure for the family and friends seeing him and knowing

that he is really gone. Hope that explains it for you.

Aileen

My heart goes out to his family and love ones. My son's best friend passed away in February and they went to the mall and had a dog tag made with his photo and all wear them with pride showing their love for him. They feel they carry him everywhere they go. These are only $15 most can afford all you need is a photo. its at Arbor Place in one of the center stands of mall near Hollister.

I think with all of the support that I am seeing on here

that there is going to be plenty of money to give Justin

a nice funeral service and still let the girls choise a

locket with his ashes. I will give their mom or grandmother

the sites that everyone has graciously posted and let

her and the girls decide. The girls and I went shopping

for some nice clothes today. They were given a nice

heart locket and they are going to put a piece of his

hair in it. Everyone please remember them all tomorrow

as they say goodbye to Justin. Don't forget the bake

sale saturday. Wow what an awesome community we

have.

Aileen

Today I went and said goodbye to a wonderful and really awesome young man. Justin had my heart from day one with that unforgettable handsome smile and his all out genuine personality. I knew from the beginning when i first met his mamma, Shelley, that something special was happening. Justin spent many a days with my two youngest boys and they spent many with him (bless Shelley's heart!). He was always the most well mannered and considerate boy with nothing on his mind but pleasing me and boy was he very successful!!!! Everytime I would go over to his house, he was always the first and only one to come outside to greet me and my boys with that beautiful smile and pleasant way that just came so natural for him. But like alot of things in each and every one of our lives, I came to take this for granite and forgot how really special and welcome he always made us feel. And how he would always have a smile ready and waiting for you no matter what. My 2 youngest boys are now 800 miles away, visiting their dad for the entire summer. WOW what a nice break that is for a single mom of 3, huh? It is I wont deny that, but what i wouldn't give to hold them right now and just tell them how much i love them is undescribable!! Isin't it funny how it takes something like this to remind us of how precious they really are and how truly lucky we are to have been given the oppertunity to love and teach them, but to especially cherish them in such the short time that God has loaned them to us? My 11 year old , who has spent alot of time with Justin, told me before he got on the airplane 2 weeks ago, " mom please let me know how Justins doin every time i talk to you, okay? "and tell him i'll see him when we come home,or can i just call his hospital room and i'll talk to him?" I still haven't told him mainly because i wont be able to hold him while he cries, or to reassure him that Justin is in a much better place now, with no pain or worries ( Justin worried about his mamma alot ) with the financial responsibilities and emotional and physical ones too, things a boy doesen't usually think about or realize until he has a family of his own. Justin always knew, and he always knew when his mamma needed the support the most. Every now and again he would need a little reminder like young boys do, but thats where God gave him his momma (and a damn good one at that!!!!!) to teach him and help him along the way. Justin is going to be missed very, very much missed by myself and my boys, much more than i ever realized, but like i told his momma today......... time will heal the hurt one day at a time. No faster than that nor no slower than that as i have learned over the past 12 years since i lost my daughter........... One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about him. We just did a benefit ride of him about 3 weeks ago to raise money for him and his family. Hope some of this helped them with the cost of the transplants or the funeral.

God Speed