Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX-770-505-7273

NEWSPAPER OBIT

Langston

Branden Scott Langston, age 18, of Dallas, passed away on Friday, May 26, 2006. He was born on August 18, 1987 in St. Louis, Missouri. He was a 2006 graduate of Paulding County High School.

Surviving are his parents, Dennis and Debbie Langston of Dallas; brothers and sister-in-law, Chris and Cassie Horch of Webster Groves, Missouri and David Langston of Dallas; his maternal grandfather, Arthur Horch of Webster Groves, Missouri; paternal grandparents, Richard and Mary Langston of Cumming, GA; aunts and uncles.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. from Clark Funeral Home. The interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Monday from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram in charge of arrangements.

May God be with this family. :(

Has anyone heard what happened yet? This boy rode my bus at one time, and I was at PCHS graduation as well................. If you know what happened please pm me. :o

Prayers said for the family.

Paulding graduation was Friday night. Did this happen after he graduated? I heard he fell out of the back of a truck, is this true?

this sounds like the wreck on Bill Caruth (sp?) that happened Fri night...somebody said someone fell out of the back of a truck

We saw 4 boys riding around 2 in front and 2 in back of a little truck, friday night...the night of graduation, at about 7:30 or 8:00.

I hope it wasn't this group of kids, I had an eary feeling and kept talking to the spouse about how dangerous it was and it just kept bothering me, even after we got home.

My daughter knew this young man, and she was very disturbed by this loss.

Peace to this family.

We saw 4 boys riding around 2 in front and 2 in back of a little truck, friday night...the night of graduation, at about 7:30 or 8:00.

I hope it wasn't this group of kids, I had an eary feeling and kept talking to the spouse about how dangerous it was and it just kept bothering me, even after we got home.

My daughter knew this young man, and she was very disturbed by this loss.

Peace to this family.

yes it was the same truck of people

yes it was the same truck of people

Actually it wasnt...My mother went to the viewing last night and she told me what happend..but im not putting anything on here again cause it will just get erased...i told everyone what happend last night but then they deleted it and someone took offense to it but im not going to put the truth on here..just so you know it wasnt the truck with teenagers... he was in the truck with his family...im not saying anything else..he was my best friend in high school...i couldnt go yesterday because i am in utah right now.. Branden may you rest in peace and i love you so much...

Actually it wasnt...My mother went to the viewing last night and she told me what happend..but im not putting anything on here again cause it will just get erased...i told everyone what happend last night but then they deleted it and someone took offense to it but im not going to put the truth on here..just so you know it wasnt the truck with teenagers...

Exactly....once again there is so much misinformation on this post that it is crazy. Do you people make this stuff up or just go with the rumors?

Why would i go along with the rumors????? i dont get any of you..i wouldnt lie about my good friend.. i dont know why you guys are bashin on me.. i was just trying to help u guys out with your questions.. the truth is my mother went to the viewing talked to his mother, its not the truck with all the teenagers. thats all im sayin.. its the truth believe it or not

Why would i go along with the rumors????? i dont get any of you..i wouldnt lie about my good friend.. i dont know why you guys are bashin on me.. i was just trying to help u guys out with your questions.. the truth is my mother went to the viewing talked to his mother, its not the truck with all the teenagers. thats all im sayin.. its the truth believe it or not

I was agreeing with you. You are telling the truth. That was my point, the truck with the teenagers was nothing but a rumor and now people who "know" what happened have jumped on saying "that was the truck". I guess some people feel important by acting like they know the inside story on something.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Im sorry for that... i have just been getting everyone just accusing me of lying and all that...and im just trying to cope with a loss of such a great friend.. its hard... but it will take time.. thanks for agreeing with me.. i need that

I was agreeing with you. You are telling the truth. That was my point, the truck with the teenagers was nothing but a rumor and now people who "know" what happened have jumped on saying "that was the truck". I guess some people feel important by acting like they know the inside story on something.

i didnt know.... my step mom works at 911 and she told me that so i didnt know it wasnt the truth if i knew it want the truth then i wouldnt have posted it sorry calm down...

Guest publisher

Folks:

The facts in this as I'm told is that the young man, being agitated and apparently upset, wanted out of the truck despite the fact it was traveling 45 MPH. He got out of the truck.

The 'rumor' suggests this was 'suicide' ... Suicide is the intentional taking of one's own life (kind of like first degree murder of one's self ... with planning and forethought.)

No one would jump from a moving truck to commit suicide while being driven home from graduation. They jump from a moving truck to get out of a truck.

Is it smart? No ... and actually most would expect more from a high school graduate but it was definitely not premeditated either.

pubby

Folks:

The facts in this as I'm told is that the young man, being agitated and apparently upset, wanted out of the truck despite the fact it was traveling 45 MPH. He got out of the truck.

The 'rumor' suggests this was 'suicide' ... Suicide is the intentional taking of one's own life (kind of like first degree murder of one's self ... with planning and forethought.)

No one would jump from a moving truck to commit suicide while being driven home from graduation. They jump from a moving truck to get out of a truck.

Is it smart? No ... and actually most would expect more from a high school graduate but it was definitely not premeditated either.

pubby

Edited by leogirl08
Folks:

pubby

So sad. Devastating to his family and friends and my prayers are with them all.

Good heavens. Has everyone forgetten this is posted in "May they rest in peace"?

Blame me if you wish, because I objected to the "truth" posting. With so many rumors flying around, who knows what's "true"? And what does it matter what the circumstances of this young man's death were, and who's "right" and who's "wrong"? And why print something here that could only serve to hurt this already suffering family?

I did not know this young man personally, but my heart goes out to his family. I have kids all around the same age, and I cannot imagine the pain of losing someone just crossing the threshhold into adulthood. May he rest in peace, and may the family find comfort in their time of loss.

Remember what this particular forum is for, please, and respect this young man and his family.

Well if it was his families truck, why didn't they stop or slow down with he opened the door???

I'm confused :wacko: :wacko:

If you are going 55 MPH it would be impossible to stop before someone could open the door and get out.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
Guest publisher

Yes folks; it is sad, tragic and hard to understand.

Hard to understand, but not impossible. Having survived my own teenage years but remembering the sometimes really stupid things I did or more notably ... almost did ... I do find the momentary lapse of common sense understandable.

My prayers are with the family.

pubby

If you are going 55 MPH it would be impossible to stop before someone could open the door and get out.

Wow that is sooooo tragic and I am so sorry to hear that :( :(

my heart goes out to the family, I can't imagine loses a child