Paulding.com

The student body was told about a classmate in (K) that passed away Wednesday night... :(

I know we have McGarity parents on here, I am wanting to find out if anyone else's child was told about this yesterday?

My son came home and told me, said the whold school was told.....but when I asked him questions, of course his stadard answer is "I don't know, mom". :rolleyes:

Anyone?

yes.. mach there is another topic on here concerning that, they did not mention the childs name or school, this is so sad, my thoughts and prayers will be with this family!

See....I knew this would happen.......I searched for about 30 minutes, and didn't find anything......(you know how I feel about posting)

Dang-it :wacko:

Pubby, you or the popo can delete this if you want too.

No problemo ;)

I shall keep searching..... :ph34r:

I can't find the other post, but I have more information. The following is an email that was sent out to folks at Hope Church yesterday:

It is with a very heavy heart that we inform you that 6 year old Luis Soto passed away last night. Luis had undergone two heart transplant surgeries a few years ago and since then had been thriving until very recently.

He was an active part of the children's ministry here at Hope and a kindergarten student at McGarity Elementary. Luis certainly touched every life he came in contact with. Please be in prayer for the Soto family, the students and staff at McGarity Elementary and all those within this community who knew and loved Luis as they go through this very difficult time.

Very tentative plans are underway for the services for Luis. At this point, it appears the services will be held here at Hope Church at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, May 27th at 11:00 a.m. This is subject to change and will likely not be firmed up until Friday morning. We will send out an additional notice at that time with the updated information.

His parents have asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to:

The Heart Transplant Center

Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

1687 Tullie Circle, Atlanta, Ga. 30328

Attention of D. Lee in memory of Luis Soto

oh my gosh, what sad news.

Luis in fact did touch every life that he came in contact with. Our family had met him only a few times, actually when he was going through the transplants. We attended a toddler music class with him and his parents. He and his family will always represent such a delightfully happy and strong energetic air for me and my family.

My hope is that they know that Luis has indeed meant a lot to everyone he encountered.

me :)

The student body was told about a classmate in (K) that passed away Wednesday night... :(

I know we have McGarity parents on here, I am wanting to find out if anyone else's child was told about this yesterday?

My son came home and told me, said the whold school was told.....but when I asked him questions, of course his stadard answer is "I don't know, mom". :rolleyes:

Anyone?

A letter was sent home with each child explaining the circumstances. They did have a counselor

available. Such a sad moment.

oh my gosh, what sad news.

Luis in fact did touch every life that he came in contact with. Our family had met him only a few times, actually when he was going through the transplants. We attended a toddler music class with him and his parents. He and his family will always represent such a delightfully happy and strong energetic air for me and my family.

My hope is that they know that Luis has indeed meant a lot to everyone he encountered.

me :)

We also attended a toddler music class with him Lynn Griffin was teaching at Mt. Tabor Park!

The last time I saw him, was at Hiram McDonalds playing, but that has been a while.

He was the sweetest, most inspiring child!

THIS TEARS MY HEART OUT!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine what his parents are going through!

I am praying for them as I type!!!!!!!!

My son is in 1st grade at McGarity and they sent home a letter about this yesterday. It just breaks my heart. This child is a blessing to everyone. He had went through alot in his few years with the two heart transplants. I pray for this family. It was very hard last night trying to explain and answer a 7 year olds questions about death and why he died so young. After we talked a while and he began to understand....my son went to bed and he then got up and said he needed a drink........well he didn't drink very much...on his way back up the steps he said....Mom.....I prayed for Luis and I prayed for him in heaven.....I tell you what.....I went into tears. Please remember this family in your prayers. And also......Luis' kindergarten class....I spoke with one of the teachers about him this morning and she said his class is having a hard time dealing with it.

Anyone?

No I didn't hear anything about it. How sad...Prayers being said for the family.

I work at Mcgarity and we are all in shock, just earlier this week he was playing outside in the water for beach day and loving it. He truly was a special little boy and we in the lunchroom were all amazed by the happiness this little boy always showed, it breaks my heart for his family.

My daughter goes to McGarity and is in 2nd grade. Her life had been touched by Luis. She saw him each day in the lunchroom and she said he always gave her hugs. She was emotional yesterday when I picked her up from school and she was explaining to me what had happened. I am so sad for his family's loss.

Thank all of you so much for the information you have posted here.

Sometimes it's hard to get information out of your child on certain subjects.

Thanks again y'all for your comments! :)

Oh my....I don't know what to say :( We knew Luis and his family, my oldest was in playgroups with him when they were smaller. We had fallen out of touch...I had no idea....

Does anyone know if the service was today? My thoughts and prayers for the family, Luis was a very special little boy.

Does anyone know if the service was today?

I'm not sure if the service happened today or not. I should be able to find out at church in the morning. I will post when I know.

Edited by dozment

Do you go to Hope? I would really like to know if the service has already happened, I want to go and pay my respects...

I was at the hospital with them when he was having troubles with his first transplant. After that, we outgrew the playgroup and didn't see each other as much. We would see each other at library storytimes and such...I think the last time we saw them was at the Paulding Medows Halloween festival, Luis was having a blast going down those big inflatable slides!

I can not belive he is gone, I know he was living oni borrowed time but I truly thought he was going to grow up and live a nice long life. I can not imagine the pain his mom and dad are in...his big sister helped take care of him after his transplants as well, she graduated for EPHS a year or so ago...she must be devestated...

Do you go to Hope? I would really like to know if the service has already happened, I want to go and pay my respects...

Yes, I will be at Hope tomorrow. I will find out and let you know.

Very sad. It's hard to imagine what the family must be going through.

Thank you so much for finding this out for me. I had talked to a few more people today and found out how sudden his passing was. It is so hard to imagine that alittle boy who had been through so much lost his battle so swiftly.

His parents have asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to:

The Heart Transplant Center

1687 Tullie Circle, Atlanta, Ga. 30328

Attention of D. Lee in memory of Luis Soto

There is a correction on the information for donations that was sent in an earlier email. Following is the correct information:

1687 Tullie Circle

Atlanta, GA 30329

Attn: D. Lee