Paulding.com

Sara Margaret Murry Ragsdale -Funeral-Visitation

My family asked me to share this information with you.

thanks,

james ragsdale

Dear Friends,

Mike's mother, Sara Ragsdale, died a peaceful death last evening with family gathered close to her. As many of you know, she has been very ill for the past month. She was truly blessed in that she had very little pain during her six month ordeal since she was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer. Shortly after that diagnosis, she experienced the death of her son.

She was fairly active until the first week of January. Since then, she has been pretty much bedj-ridden and on Hospice. Michelle and I had the night shift 9PM to 9 AM the past three nights and were prepared to stay again last night. We knew that her time was close. She remained alert and oriented, refusing any pain medication up until the end. She actually denied pain until late Sunday when she accepted a small dose of Morphine. Shortly thereafter, while we were at church, I received a call (phone on vibrate) from my brother and sisters-in-law who were staying with her during the day. I was told that Sara suddenly became fretful and said "start the music" over and over. They scurried around to find a radio/tape player and put on some music. She was not satisfied until they put in a CD of gospel music. I could hear it playing in the background as I got the report.

We got back to the house in a few minutes and she seemed quite content as I rubbed her back and she listened to the beautiful and appropriate music that one frequently hears at funerals. We all had a chance to say a final goodbye as she drifted away.

Please keep us in your prayers this week. Her body is at Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home on Watson Drive in Dallas.

Visitation starts at 12 Noon until 9 PM on Tuesday, Feb 7.

The funeral is Wednesday (Feb 8) at the First United Methodist Church in Dallas. (The information for these locations are shown below.)

In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to the American Cancer Society, or the First United Methodist Church Building Fund, or to the American Heart Association.

Sara was an educator and taught school in Paulding County for 41 years. She and Mike's Dad had four boys, Mike being the oldest. She was a very influential person and role model to her students and to her family. In fact, there are 13 school teachers in her immediate family (children, grandchildren and their spouses). Two of them are my daughters. Sara was very active in professional organizations, served as Beta Club Sponsor for many years, was Past President in both Delta Kappa Gamma and the Paulding Chapter of the Georgia Retired Educators Association. She was active in her church, including UMW. She served the community on the Paulding County Board of Equalization for nearly 20 years.

She was a world traveler and took her seven grandchildren on very educational trips and petted all of them throughout their lives. She loved God, her family and her community. She loved her daughter-in-laws like the daughters she never had. We will all miss her greatly. Please let others know.

We were too late to meet the deadline to get her obituary in the Dallas New Era this week.

Eberhart Funeral Home

123 Watson Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-4496

First United Methodist Church Of Dallas

141 E Memorial Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-2509

She was my teacher in high school and I adore her. :(

thanks,

james ragsdale

Dear Friends,

Mike's mother, Sara Ragsdale, died a peaceful death last evening with family gathered close to her.  As many of you know, she has been very ill for the past month. She was truly blessed in that she had very little pain during her six month ordeal since she was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer.  Shortly after that diagnosis, she experienced the death of her son. 

She was fairly active until the first week of January. Since then, she has been pretty much bedj-ridden and on Hospice. Michelle and I had the night shift 9PM to 9 AM the past three nights and were prepared to stay again last night.  We knew that her time was close. She remained alert and oriented, refusing any pain medication up until the end. She actually denied pain until late Sunday when she accepted a small dose of Morphine.  Shortly thereafter, while we were at church, I received a call (phone on vibrate) from my brother and sisters-in-law who were staying with her during the day. I was told that Sara suddenly became fretful and said "start the music" over and over.  They scurried around to find a radio/tape player and put on some music.  She was not satisfied until they put in a CD of gospel music.  I could hear it playing in the background as I got the report.

We got back to the house in a few minutes and she seemed quite content as I rubbed her back and she listened to the  beautiful and appropriate music that one frequently hears at funerals. We all had a chance to say a final goodbye as she drifted away. 

Please keep us in your prayers this week.  Her body is at Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home on Watson Drive in Dallas. 

The funeral is Wednesday (Feb 8) at the First United Methodist Church in Dallas. (The information for these locations are shown below.)

In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to the American Cancer Society, or the First United Methodist Church Building Fund, or to the American Heart Association. 

Sara was an educator and taught school in Paulding County for 41 years.  She and Mike's Dad had four boys, Mike being the oldest. She was a very influential person and role model to her students and to her family.  In fact, there are 13 school teachers in her immediate family (children, grandchildren and their spouses).  Two of them are my daughters.  Sara was very active in professional organizations, served as Beta Club Sponsor for many years, was Past President in both Delta Kappa Gamma and the Paulding Chapter of the Georgia Retired Educators Association.  She was active in her church, including UMW.  She served the community on the Paulding County Board of Equalization for nearly 20 years. 

She was a world traveler and took her seven grandchildren on very educational trips and petted all of them throughout their lives.  She loved God, her family and her community.  She loved her daughter-in-laws like the daughters she never had.  We will all miss her greatly.  Please let others know. 

We were too late to meet the deadline to get her obituary in the Dallas New Era this week. 

Eberhart Funeral Home

123 Watson Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-4496

141 E Memorial Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-2509

Was this THE Sara Ragdsale, that taught at the old Hiram High School back in the 60's?

If so, she was well on up there in age. That Sara Ragsdale was elderly then....

In any case, my condolences for Mike and the family. Prayers are being said for them right now.

Aunt Sara! She taught so many people in Paulding. She was my teacher at PCHS. She had an unmistakable voice and a sharp sense of humor. I know that many people are driving by Eberhart's today and sharing a smile about Aunt Sara. I saw her name on Eberhart's board and had to smile when I remembered her. What a personality! What a super teacher! She will be sorely missed by many former students of all ages.

God bless Aunt Sara and her family. Rest now Sara, you are home.

For those who attend St.Vincents, this was Mike Ragsdale's mom. Mike passed away last summer. They are survived by Jane, Mike's widow, and their children Jamie, Michelle, and Wendy.

The Ragsdale family should be in everyone's prayers.

May God bless them all.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks,

james ragsdale

Dear Friends,

Mike's mother, Sara Ragsdale, died a peaceful death last evening with family gathered close to her.  As many of you know, she has been very ill for the past month. She was truly blessed in that she had very little pain during her six month ordeal since she was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer.  Shortly after that diagnosis, she experienced the death of her son. 

She was fairly active until the first week of January. Since then, she has been pretty much bedj-ridden and on Hospice. Michelle and I had the night shift 9PM to 9 AM the past three nights and were prepared to stay again last night.  We knew that her time was close. She remained alert and oriented, refusing any pain medication up until the end. She actually denied pain until late Sunday when she accepted a small dose of Morphine.  Shortly thereafter, while we were at church, I received a call (phone on vibrate) from my brother and sisters-in-law who were staying with her during the day. I was told that Sara suddenly became fretful and said "start the music" over and over.  They scurried around to find a radio/tape player and put on some music.  She was not satisfied until they put in a CD of gospel music.  I could hear it playing in the background as I got the report.

We got back to the house in a few minutes and she seemed quite content as I rubbed her back and she listened to the  beautiful and appropriate music that one frequently hears at funerals. We all had a chance to say a final goodbye as she drifted away. 

Please keep us in your prayers this week.  Her body is at Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home on Watson Drive in Dallas. 

Sara was an educator and taught school in Paulding County for 41 years.  She and Mike's Dad had four boys, Mike being the oldest. She was a very influential person and role model to her students and to her family.  In fact, there are 13 school teachers in her immediate family (children, grandchildren and their spouses).  Two of them are my daughters.  Sara was very active in professional organizations, served as Beta Club Sponsor for many years, was Past President in both Delta Kappa Gamma and the Paulding Chapter of the Georgia Retired Educators Association.  She was active in her church, including UMW.  She served the community on the Paulding County Board of Equalization for nearly 20 years. 

She was a world traveler and took her seven grandchildren on very educational trips and petted all of them throughout their lives.  She loved God, her family and her community.  She loved her daughter-in-laws like the daughters she never had.  We will all miss her greatly.  Please let others know. 

Eberhart Funeral Home

123 Watson Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-4496

141 E Memorial Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-2509

thanks,

james ragsdale

Dear Friends,

Eberhart Funeral Home

123 Watson Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-4496

141 E Memorial Dr

Dallas, GA 30132

(770) 445-2509

i am sorry to hear of her passsing on. she was an inspiration to many in the county ,and helped many students to further their education . she will be missed

I know she taught my children, but didn't really know her, and wish I had. I am sure she knows how people are thinking of her and remembering her! I pray that her family and many friends have peace now, knowing she is not in pain anymore. She has a new body, pain free. Thanks to God.