Paulding.com

The most complete local COVID-19 report for Paulding County, GA.

Here is a highlights of a detailed report on Paulding County's Covid infection from the Johns Hopkins data published in the NYTimes.  This data is updated daily so this link to Paulding's 'report' should be available at this link.

Paulding County is at an extremely high risk level.

The test positivity rate in Paulding County is very high, suggesting that cases are being significantly undercounted. 

image.png

image.png

How to protect yourself and others

Based on the extraordinarily severe outbreak in Paulding County right now, here’s how to lower your personal risk of getting Covid-19 and protect your community, according to public health experts at Johns Hopkins University and Resolve to Save Lives, an initiative of Vital Strategies.

If you or someone in your household is older or has other risk factors for severe Covid-19, you may need to take extra precautions.

Indoor activities are extremely dangerous right now.

Avoid indoor dining, bars, gyms, movie theaters and nonessential shopping, as well as having friends over to your home, and indoor personal care services like haircuts and manicures. Given the severity of the outbreak in Paulding County, spending time inside with people from other households puts you at risk for getting the coronavirus or spreading it to others.

Whenever possible, you should choose delivery or curbside pickup instead of shopping in person. If shopping in person is the only option, limit yourself to buying only essential supplies, shop during less crowded hours and keep your visits as short as possible.

Avoid nonessential travel.

Avoid all nonessential travel. If you must take a taxi, open the windows and sit far away from others in the vehicle. If you need to take public transit, try to avoid rush hours and crowds so you can keep your distance from others. If you fly, choose less crowded flights or airlines that keep middle seats empty.

Avoid events with more than a handful of people.

Weddings, funerals, concerts, sporting events and other gatherings that bring multiple households together are places where Covid can spread easily. At this level of risk, even outdoor events are not safe, so consider postponing. Religious services are safest when conducted outdoors and without singing.

Outdoor activities can be a good substitute.

Walking, cycling, running and other outdoor individual workouts are the safest kinds of exercise. Low-contact outdoor sports like singles tennis, skateboarding and golf may be enjoyed safely. Contact sports like basketball and soccer should be avoided.

Because of the extremely high risk of Covid in Paulding County, even outdoor dining and outdoor bars are unsafe.

Protect yourself at work and school.

Work remotely when possible and avoid in-person meetings. In the workplace, less crowded hours are the safest to be on the job.

Children tend to have less-severe symptoms but can still spread the coronavirus, so consider the health risks of everyone in your household when making decisions about your child’s activities.

Learning environments where students stay in small groups at all times make it safer for younger students to go to school. Older students should choose online instruction if possible. Avoid play dates and extracurricular activities.

Get medical care if you need it.

Do not skip or delay medical care, including mental health care. Talk to your doctors about postponing any nonessential appointments. If you have an appointment, call before your visit to find out if you need to take special precautions, and ask if telehealth is a good option for you.

Take these important precautions all the time.

You should stay at least six feet away from people who live in other households. Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when you are outside your home and whenever you are around people who do not live with you, including any visitors to your home.

If you feel sick or have been exposed to someone with Covid, you should stay home and get tested. If someone in your household feels sick or has been diagnosed with Covid-19, everyone should wear a mask, wash their hands often and stay at least six feet apart from one another, even inside your home.

Avoid crowds, and limit the number of people you meet and the amount of time you spend with them. Avoid indoor spaces with poor airflow. Wash your hands often, especially after visiting a public place or blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.

It’s important to continue taking these precautions even after you have been vaccinated. The vaccine is safe and highly effective in preventing you from getting the coronavirus. But researchers do not know yet if it also prevents you from infecting others after you have been vaccinated.

image.png

The number of hospitalized Covid patients has risen in the Paulding County area, and I.C.U. occupancy is very high. Deaths have remained at about the same level.

image.png

image.png

That about sums it up. 

Do know that if you read this at 2:45 pm on Friday, and you're over 65, you may get your first vaccine shot (probably the Moderna vaccine) if you trot right down to the Health Dept. next to the Chamber trailhead for the Silver Comet Trail.  If you're under 65, you may be able to get a shot if they have any left-over shots when they are closing this evening.  Seems if they have one, two or maybe even five shots left-over after inoculating all those qualified (over 65) you may get the shot if there are doses that will go to waste otherwise. You may not be able to get the second shot but the single dose will give you immunity to Covid at about the 50 percent level - i.e. a whole lot better than nothing. 

Yep, if I were 55, I'd be rounding up two or three older folks I know and take them to the health dept. on the off chance they'd end up having to open a new batch and result in at least a chance. 

Edited by gpatt0n
add link to NYT article
1 hour ago, CitizenCain said:

Can you blame teachers for not wanting to spend 8 hours in a room with a bunch of 30 snot nosed kids ? 

Well. IMHO... they  should offer to those TEACHERs who want to do In Class Learning

a HOURLY Bonus of Hazard Pay :hi: :good:

There are plenty of peeps looking for a J. OOOOOOOOO B!

Some body has to do it  is what I'm getting at :unknw:

1 hour ago, Caped Crusader said:

Well. IMHO... they  should offer to those TEACHERs who want to do In Class Learning

a HOURLY Bonus of Hazard Pay :hi: :good:

There are plenty of peeps looking for a J. OOOOOOOOO B!

Some body has to do it  is what I'm getting at :unknw:

You know before this pandemic people used to call home schooling a great thing. Now we are getting upset because teachers don't want to risk their lives to babysit our kids, so what's this really about our children or adults that just want someone else to take care of them  ?   

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, CitizenCain said:

You know before this pandemic people used to call home schooling a great thing. Now we are getting upset because teachers don't want to risk their lives to babysit our children, what is this really about our children or adults that just want someone else to take care of them  ?   

We will ALWAYS need in classroom learning as long as we are HUMAN... NOT Everyone is the same.

That is TRUTH :wub:

So, tell me mister cain... when was the last time you CAUSED someone TRUE JOY? 

Cc:hi:

6 minutes ago, Caped Crusader said:

We will ALWAYS need in classroom learning as long as we are HUMAN... NOT Everyone is the same.

That is TRUTH :wub:

So, tell me mister cain... when was the last time you CAUSED someone TRUE JOY? 

Cc:hi:

Seriously guy, I don't  know, excluding the last time you sold a life insurance policy or posted your visit to the bank how about you ?

Wow, I'm TRULY Sorry...

Just moments ago..... ACTUALLY

The Voice on the other end of my talking device had a Belly GUT LAUGH

(I have never met them... Laughter, I believe soothes the SOUL) :hi:

They were in WASHINGTON STATE.

just finishing work and heading home

Citizen Cain, Peace Be with you until we cross paths again

Cc

:hi:

5 hours ago, Caped Crusader said:

Wow, I'm TRULY Sorry...

Just moments ago..... ACTUALLY