Paulding.com

Pauling County Health Departments Giving FREE COVID-19 Vaccines to Walk-INS!!!

If you're like me, you wince every time you see someone get a covid shot. The dang thing goes in at least and inch and a half and that has to hurt.  But if you look at the person getting the shot, you'll notice they don't flinch at the point of impact at all. 

So, what makes me an expert? 

Seems if you're over 65 and happen to show up at the local health department, there's a chance - at least the rest of this week - you can get your first covid vaccine injection. 

The folks there suggested you show up at 7:30 in the morning and if you're qualified, they'll have you fill out a form and send you right in.  They'll be at the location next to the Paulding Chamber on 278 in Dallas Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  I know that they'll be open each of those mornings and I think they are there in the afternoon on at least two of the days. 

The whole thing takes, including filling out the form, about 30-40 minutes, including a mandatory 15-20 minutes for observation (to make sure you have no allergic reaction.) 

Some folks have made appointments but the nurses at the county facility have the ability to administer the vaccine to 'qualified recipients' (this would include law enforcement and health workers and maybe some other essential workers like nursing home workers ... including all over 65)

They're working on us old farts because we are the greatest risk of, as I understand how the vaccine works, it doesn't keep you from getting covid but it mitigates a bout with covid with a result of no or minor symptoms in 95 percent of the cases after your booster (You get the first, you're put on the list for the second.) The first shot - if it is the only one you get - will give you 50 percent protection. 

Anyway, I had looked on line a couple of times to see if that was the way to get the shot and I suppose it is working for some folks but this 'walk-in' idea - I literally was stopping by to see how to get an appointment or whether they had any shots at all when they said, come on in, fill out the form and once I did that, they ushered me back, asked me another question or two, asked me which arm and wham, bam, thank you mam. 

Got to see an old friend there, too boot (while I was waiting in observation after the shot.) 

I like the walk-in gig (and its free.)

But this shot really doesn't hurt. I'm pretty sure that this is because the injection needle has an extremely small diameter - kind of like acupuncture needles. 

• Caped Crusader changed the title to Pauling County Health Departments Giving FREE COVID-19 Vaccines to Walk-INS!!!
  • Caped Crusader featured this topic

Thank you for taking the time to tell us this important information and story!

thankful you have less fear now to go out and face the world I wish I could get one to be honest.

I am praying the Johnson and Johnson one will be available sooner than later!

blessings to you and your family my friend stay safe!

Cc

🙏🏻❤️😇

6C7A51AD-D6AC-4977-903E-DEF75826C93C.jpeg

0F048E03-7EAF-42A1-87AC-50B688005108.png