Paulding.com

anyone know about the LPR cameras in south paulding?

anyone else noticed the tag reader cameras that are popping up around south paulding? --  1 on bakers bridge road and another near kroger on ridge rd .  .  .  .    Crime suppression? or just logging tag numbers for some other nefarious reason?

black pole near the edge of road with a solar panel on top and a camera facing the rear of vehicles . . . 

pic of a sample one:

lpr camera by flock technologies.jpeg

11 hours ago, rednekkhikkchikk said:

Well no doubt the answer you will get is crime suppression, at least from anyone in authority.  If the threat of incarceration does not deter crtime, I am pretty sure big brother won't.

We have reached out to SGG to get an official response.

J.S.Y.K.

Cc

🙏💓:good:

ps... hook meup my peeps 770-833-2175

There’s one on Dallas Nebo at the Gainsborough s/d, there’s another one on Bakers Bridge between the Abbington s/d and Sweetwater Church Rd, there’s one on Ridge Rd by the Emmissions place at Grands.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, marteenj said:

anyone else noticed the tag reader cameras that are popping up around south paulding? --  1 on bakers bridge road and another near kroger on ridge rd .  .  .  .    Crime suppression? or just logging tag numbers for some other nefarious reason?

black pole near the edge of road with a solar panel on top and a camera facing the rear of vehicles . . . 

pic of a sample one:

lpr camera by flock technologies.jpeg

What does LPR stand for?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mrs G said:

What does LPR stand for?

license plate recognition

• Like 1

From the location that I've seen them, they look like they are replacing the cables across the road method for traffic monitoring and surveys.   I haven't seen a cable counting system in quite a while. 

• Like 1

I believe they will be installing some kind of tech to count traffic numbers before they will be activated,

I wonder if it will have Facial Recognition like Hunted (2015 TV series) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigationJump to search This article is about the British reality series. For its American adaptation, see Hunted (2017 TV series)

I'm told...NO. only License Plate scanning.... (Insert ARSENIO's (Hmmmmm...) 8)

On 6/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, rednekkhikkchikk said:

Ok so the private citizens buy them, and then give the police access to them or what?

unknown --  no one i talked to at d.o.t. seems to know anything about the cameras being there or who put the poles in the ground, etc

-

from the company web site, they charge h.o.a groups $2500 per camera,  and store the pics for 30 days before purging. .  on the law enforcement side,  they are being vague as to releasing information about their cameras other than to brag about Cobb PD catching porch bandits / package thieves using their subdivision hoa cameras

-

they do seem to have limitations:   it only works at less than 75 feet and under 75 mph . .      that is why they put them so close to the edge of the road

the city of Dallas encourages residents to register their ring doorbells and security cameras with the PD, but like these plate readers, unless someone is monitoring 24/7, what's the point, really?

On 6/25/2020 at 11:55 AM, marteenj said:

unknown --  no one i talked to at d.o.t. seems to know anything about the cameras being there or who put the poles in the ground, etc

-

from the company web site, they charge h.o.a groups $2500 per camera,  and store the pics for 30 days before purging. .  on the law enforcement side,  they are being vague as to releasing information about their cameras other than to brag about Cobb PD catching porch bandits / package thieves using their subdivision hoa cameras

-

they do seem to have limitations:   it only works at less than 75 feet and under 75 mph . .      that is why they put them so close to the edge of the road

Why are they on public right of way and not on subdivisions. It could be that they are counters and not readers. Wonder who is paying the bill,,,, is it tax money?

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:34 PM, R. U. Serious? said:

Why are they on public right of way and not on subdivisions. It could be that they are counters and not readers. Wonder who is paying the bill,,,, is it tax money?

That is a very good question. 

• 2 months later...

they are popping up all over the county --  they are even covering both lanes of the 4-lane 278 near cadillac dr . . .   the one on bakers bridge rd has moved to the county line with douglas co