Paulding.com

Got a question about sickness going around

Stiff

Question

My son has had some kind of upper respiratory and bronchitis. Not really sure what it is, but I have had 2 docs give me those 2 diagnosis. This has been going on since beginning of January he's still coughing and congestion is there anybody else that has dealt with this congestion and cough that hangs on to you for acouple of months?

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Stiff said:

My son has had some kind of upper respiratory and bronchitis. Not really sure what it is, but I have had 2 docs give me those 2 diagnosis. This has been going on since beginning of January he's still coughing and congestion is there anybody else that has dealt with this congestion and cough that hangs on to you for acouple of months?

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

I have not dealt with that just upper res. infection  a few months ago... took some antibiotics... 2 rounds actually.

Have had a HEAD cold for 3 weeks!

This weather does not help

Hope your Boy gets to feeling better. :hi:

• Like 1

Have you checked for mold in the home??? White mold, Black mold or Pink mold??? Check your crawl space, attic or basement. Whatever it is that you have. That’s just a thought. I have a Niece that had mold in their home, it affected her husband but, not her. Their homeowners insurance fixed the home but, it almost killed her husband!!! He had to be out of the home for about 6 months. It’s nothing to play with!!!

If I get a winter cold, the cough and post-nasal drip will usually last for 4+ weeks after I finally fight off the cold.  If I get a lung infection, it can be 6-8 weeks before I finally it get all cleared out.  With this wet winter/spring so far, expect allergies to be bad as well.  

I just stay on the Over the Counter drugs to try to get a good nights sleep as I feel that is critical for healing.

Also, not sure how old  your son is, but some guys at work got me to take large amounts of Vitamin C when I was getting sick on a trip.  I was skeptical,  but it was the shortest cold I'd ever had and recovery was faster too.  I take the nature made 500 mg chewables.   That might help some if he's older. (I wouldn't try it on anyone less that 18 without discussing with his doctor first.) 

11 hours ago, Mrs G said:

Have you checked for mold in the home??? White mold, Black mold or Pink mold??? Check your crawl space, attic or basement. Whatever it is that you have. That’s just a thought. I have a Niece that had mold in their home, it affected her husband but, not her. Their homeowners insurance fixed the home but, it almost killed her husband!!! He had to be out of the home for about 6 months. It’s nothing to play with!!!

We use one of these... in the Home and we also sanitize the car every so often!

Really helps me, Has for YEARS!

51N7HBvD2cL.jpg

They Run around $200.00  to $300.00 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Air-Alpine-Purifier-Generator/dp/B00370BLLM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=air+purifier+ozone&qid=1582729600&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWUJKUUNNTENJT0lIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTExMDMzMk1RQktNR0IzODJFTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzE4Mzk0MUxNSE1DSE1PRVpDUyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Hope this Helps to whoever is reading this thread!