Paulding.com

We have gotten word that Paulding Wellstar hospitial has closed it's parking garage due to structural issues.

Employees were shuttled from  Westridge church today. 

Tomorrow 08/13/2019 they will shuttle from New seasons church.

It is not clear if visitors are using the service at this point. We would appreciate anyone with more information posting here or contact me by clicking my profile picture my number can be found there.

There was a Wellstar hospital board meeting yesterday and President John Kueven explained that  currently there are approximately 50 spaces marked off due to slight shifting on the support beam.  He said it was not dangerous at this time, but Wellstar wanted to be proactive and make sure there was no more shifting and that all areas were inspected. The process will take at least a few weeks and in order to provide parking for patients/visitors the employees will be parking offsite and be shuttled to the hospital. 

Edited by KimDaniellCobb
20 minutes ago, KimDaniellCobb said:

There was a Wellstar hospital board meeting yesterday and President John Kueven explained that  currently there are approximately 50 spaces marked off due to slight shifting on the support beam.  He said it was not dangerous at this time, but Wellstar wanted to be proactive and make sure there was no more shifting and that all areas were inspected. The process will take at least a few weeks and in order to provide parking for patients/visitors the employees will be parking offsite and be shuttled to the hospital. 

Thank you Kim for the update.

9 minutes ago, Blunt Trauma said:

With all due respect. A support beam shifting on a structure is only "not dangerous" as long as there is no one in that area above or below. A shifting support beam is the definition of a structure being "in danger" of at least a partial collapse.

Of course "shifting" could mean a 1/4" or 6'. The degree of shift would indicate the degree of danger.

That is a ton of responsibility ( pun intended ). I applaud them for first of all noticing or taking someone who did seriously and taking action. The next question is why because engineering and design is not cheap nor is concrete work on that scale. Large projects such as that end to go to the same companies over and over. The vetting process should be transparent yet is not always. A lot of tax dollars are given to hospitals and in this case private donors gave a lot too. Everyone makes mistakes but as far as I am concerned if this is major, this companies work should be looked into. I wonder if this was the company that poured the concrete at the airport. Maybe someone knows. Hopefully these contracts are not being handed out based on donations to public entities.

There's many reasons this could have happened. From soil investigation, to design, to materials, to site prep, to construction. Most likely each one a different entity.

Knowing the type of footing would give a narrowing of potential causes. Fixes could run from minor (minor in this case will still be expensive) to partial demolition. Probably be some firming of the lawyer full employment situation.

• Like 2