Paulding.com

The Universe Insists

Apparently, it insists that I will be the parent of a female chihuahua. Meet Coco (that's right, I got a little dog with a stripper name). She came to stay yesterday. She's 8 I'm told and obese as anybody can see.

You Gotta Sleep Sometime! https://imgur.com/gallery/nKGQt02

She came with a small bag and a medium size bag of food and probably $40 worth of treats. I'm gonna have to be the bad guy and the good guy all at the same time for a while. Lots of attention and a serious diet.

We're gonna start with no more treats and a reasonable amount of food. She's only eaten about two bites in the last 24 hours. There's a little depression going on, but we'll get there.

We are going tomorrow.

That being said I'm taking any future medical advise from you with a grain of salt. As SHE!!!! is spradel legged in the picture.

• Like 1

She got up and walked over and around to sneaky climb in my lap for the first time this morning. First affection shown.

It's SO over.

I had asked y'all to keep an eye out for a smaller, short haired, particularly lazy dog. Danged is left field didn't deliver that exact picture. I gotta change the laying around part to match the new diet asap though.

• Like 1

She got up and walked over and around to sneaky climb in my lap for the first time this morning. First affection shown.

It's SO over.

I had asked y'all to keep an eye out for a smaller, short haired, particularly lazy dog. Danged is left field didn't deliver that exact picture. I gotta change the laying around part to match the new diet asap though.

Ahhhhhh so glad she has started the “I’ll have him wrapped around my finger in no time” routine!

The vet said she's lost most of her teeth. They even had to pull one that was barely hanging on.

They gave her a rabies shot, handed me her tag and said it was "in case she gummed anybody".

• Like 2

I have a jackass boy chihuahua who showed up on my doorstep in 2012. I desperately tried to find somebody to take this asshole to no avail. I love him, but God, what a dick.

We have a jackhuahua mix that was a rescue. Love him to death, but he's the biggest pain in the rear dog ever.

We also have a pit mix rescue. One's 16 lbs. and one 80, respectively. Guess which one I'm concerned about biting or being hyper and possibly aggressive.

We have a jackhuahua mix that was a rescue. Love him to death, but he's the biggest pain in the rear dog ever.

We also have a pit mix rescue. One's 16 lbs. and one 80, respectively. Guess which one I'm concerned about biting or being hyper and possibly aggressive.

Not the pit bull mix...lol.

I had a stray pit mix come to live at my previous house in Braswell. For a breed that is reportedly akin to Satan himself, a good one is so easy to love. :wub:

He wasn't around all the time, but when he did show up he was joyously happy to see me, which of course made me pretty happy too.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Never had this much trouble figuring out a dog. Someone was very particular with the behaviour she was allowed, to the point of some anxiety issues. We're working on those. I'd just about bet anything from her behaviour and predetermined internal clock, that she belonged to a bartender or night shift worker that lived in an apartment for a very long time. And I'm just about sure that 8 years old is more like 10 or 11.

To top it off she has a hole between her mouth and sinus cavity from overfeeding of crap dog treats and lack of any dental care. To small a mouth to have chewed bones. Thus results in choking with food and water. Occasionally the anxiety even sets it off. That's about a $500 operation and a recovery period.

The cost isn't the issue, I'm in the middle of some life changing health issues. Ive got to find a point where I can take care of both of us. Hopefully it'll all work out before to long.

Bottom line is she is as safe and happy as I can make her right now.

Edited to add that apparently my beard tickles and she's not fond of that.

Edited by Blunt Trauma

Never had this much trouble figuring out a dog. Someone was very particular with the behaviour she was allowed, to the point of some anxiety issues. We're working on those. I'd just about bet anything from her behaviour and predetermined internal clock, that she belonged to a bartender or night shift worker that lived in an apartment for a very long time. And I'm just about sure that 8 years old is more like 10 or 11.

To top it off she has a hole between her mouth and sinus cavity from overfeeding of crap dog treats and lack of any dental care. To small a mouth to have chewed bones. Thus results in choking with food and water. Occasionally the anxiety even sets it off. That's about a $500 operation and a recovery period.

The cost isn't the issue, I'm in the middle of some life changing health issues. Ive got to find a point where I can take care of both of us. Hopefully it'll all work out before to long.

Bottom line is she is as safe and happy as I can make her right now.

Edited to add that apparently my beard tickles and she's not fond of that.

Good to hear she is in such good hands, she is indeed a lucky dog. As for the beard tickling, I don't even want to know how you managed to discover that.

Makes her sneeze when it gets in her nose.

Maybe a little less internet for you. Seems it might be being a bad influence.

Yesterday I found out that she makes the same kinda sweet little noises when she's sleeping as when she is throwing up all over the bed you changed an hour ago before giving her a bath.

Still cuter'en hell.

• Like 1