Paulding.com

To give in to a base craving or not

Due to a diagnosis in 2013 I haven't had a single bite of pizza since sometime in 2012. Not once. Sat and watched people eat it and was satisfied with a salad and whatever else I could pick off the menu. Never giving in. But.....

I can't stop thinking about mellow mushroom. For a month now I've been craving a white pizza from there. I almost resolved to get one for Christmas and talked myself out of it. But the craving just won't go away.

Whatdayathink? Everything's under control. Lost the weight and kept it off for years now. Do I give in and make that call? Will I still respect myself in the morning?

Tuff call, keep in mind one slice leads to another next thing you know you'll be laying in some back alley with an empty pizza box and the smell of tomato sauce on you breath, then again life is short and if you have to go what better way than by a large New York style pepperoni and a pitcher of draft beer ?

Tuff call, keep in mind one slice leads to another next thing you know you'll be laying in some back alley with an empty pizza box and the smell of tomato sauce on you breath, then again life is short and if you have to go what better way than by a large New York style pepperoni and a pitcher of draft beer ?

With a slice of the white pressed into the crook of my arm, trying to mainline. Garlic dripping of my elbow.

I rarely regret the things I do...

It's the things I did not do that bother me...

Eat the pizza.

See, now that theres interestin'. I never pictured you as the devil on the bad shoulder sayin' "do it".

Pizza with bacon is uncivilized, pepperoni,sausage yes. What's next pineapple ? <_<

Pineapple isn't fit to go on pizza. Pizza without bacon isn't real pizza.

This thread inspired me to just eat some Papa John's pizza (with bacon, of course).

• Like 1

In normal dieting, it's actually suggested by most standard diets (not Atkins or Keto) that you have a "cheat day" once a week. The body gets used to eating the same kind of food and number of calories each day, and it can be good to "shock" it now and then with a change of diet. That's what I did when I lost 80 lbs a few years ago. I'd eat super clean all week, workout like a madman, and then have that chocolate Sundae after church (at least I blessed it first :) )

However, not knowing more about what you were diagnosed with, I can't say that it would be the right thing for you. And as has already been mentioned; it could be like that one drink to an alcoholic.

But I do sympathize with you; I fight the craving to eat too much every single day. And sometimes I fail.

Pineapple isn't fit to go on pizza. Pizza without bacon isn't real pizza.

This thread inspired me to just eat some Papa John's pizza (with bacon, of course).

Papa Johns is a step above Little Caesars and about equal to a frozen Digiorno's . Did you get you a cup of that vegetable oil and garlic salt sauce ?

Disclaimer : I get a Digiorno's when I see them on sale and I haven't had a Little Caesars in 10 year, for all I know they stopped using imitation cheese, Papa John's does serve some decent buffalo wings though .

PS; nothing personal, please don't make my computer blow up.

Edited by CitizenCain

Pizza with bacon is uncivilized, pepperoni,sausage yes. What's next pineapple ? <_<

Sounds like discrimination as to the part of the pig suitable for pie to me. Rooter or tooter, its all pork.

Equal opportunity pizza.

• Like 1

Sounds like discrimination as to the part of the pig suitable for pie to me. Rooter or tooter, its all pork.

Equal opportunity pizza.

Who doesn't love bacon but it does not belong on a pie no more than ketchup belongs on scrambled eggs, corn in chili or cracklin in cornbread.

(To be honest Ive never tried it but don't tell cp30 I said that.)

This thread makes me wish that Pizza Inn was somewhere around here. Love their bacon cheeseburger pizza (they use mustard sauce on the pizzas).

Pizza Inn is still in business? The last one I remember was on a hill right off South Cobb Dr. in Smyrna up behind the bbq place. They had the best beef pizza ever. But they closed I believe in the 90's.
  • Like 2

Pizza Inn is still in business? The last one I remember was on a hill right off South Cobb Dr. in Smyrna up behind the bbq place. They had the best beef pizza ever. But they closed I believe in the 90's.

Edited to add:

Yep, I looked it up. Same folks, but the closest store is in Baxley, GA on the way to Savannah. Dagnabit, your right, that's some good pizza right there. Good enough that I'm for some reason vaguely hacked off I didn't know they where still around.

• Like 1