Paulding.com

Suggestions for finding my perfect new dog

I had to put my ten year old beagle/lab mix down several weeks ago. I was and still am heartbroken. I truly loved that dog. I would like to find another dog. My preference would be either a Labrador Retriever or a Golden Retriever or some type of mutt combination with one or both of those breeds. I really do not want to go to a breeder. Would prefer either picking a puppy from a new litter or adopting one (puppy or older) and giving it a good, loving home. I have been checking the Paulding County Animal Shelter but havent found one yet. Most of them are adult pit bull/pit bull mixes. If you either have any good ideas where I can look or if you know someone whose dog has recently had pups, please let me know. Thanks.

Please go and visit the shelter .... you never know what you will fall in love with :) it will surprise you too.

770-445-1511.

also ....

www..petfinder.com <= every rescue and shelter near by.

(if our shelter doesnt work, mostly mutts is a great organization)

sorry for your loss, but thank you for opening your heart for someone else to enter and fill you with love. best wishes to you and your family.

edited to add - the PCAC had a program where animals who were going to be surrendered but are still in a "home" are available and not at shelter. ask if you visit.

good luck.

Edited by CreativeOne
  • Like 1

Hope you find your new forever friend there are lots of shelters ,and having found all my fur babies in shelters I truly believe the right one waits sometimes it just takes time...good luck! And also so sorry for your loss...pets become family

Edited by OSU

Good luck.

I can't go to a shelter without feeling like my souls crushed. If you don't find the one for you. you're leaving dogs in cages. If you do find the one, you're still leaving dogs in cages.That's just not.......... I can't express it right I guess.

The best dogs I ever had just walked up to me in the yard. Never knew for sure where they came from. They just showed up and didn't leave, it ain't like I have a fence, it was their choice. The last one I just wasn't ready for. But I understand she's fat and happy across town.

https://imgur.com/gallery/46sOJAN

Still looking for that short haired especially lazy dog. Y'all keep me in mind. Life's changed, it's time.

• Like 3

I guess $200.00 is justified because these pups are pretty much current with their vetting.

Good luck in your search Marvin! How fun!

I saw that too, seems like a lot doesn't it, but like you said they've had all their shots and they have been neutered whatever that's worth.

BTW I'm thinking about getting a Minx cat or maybe an Maine coon (no fence for a dog) if anyone knows of one PM me.

I saw that too, seems like a lot doesn't it, but like you said they've had all their shots and they have been neutered whatever that's worth.

BTW I'm thinking about getting a Minx cat or maybe an Maine coon (no fence for a dog) if anyone knows of one PM me.

I think you mean Manx. Weve had several, they are the coolest cats ever, lots and lots of personality! We currently have two, we like to call them the brothers grim. LOL.

I think you mean Manx. Weve had several, they are the coolest cats ever, lots and lots of personality! We currently have two, we like to call them the brothers grim. LOL.

Manx, I stand corrected, :)

Ive heard they are almost dog like, very loyal. If you hear of one looking for a home (preferably an adult) let me know.

Manx, I stand corrected, :)

Ive heard they are almost dog like, very loyal. If you hear of one looking for a home (preferably an adult) let me know.

I’ve said myself they are more like a small dog than a cat. I sure will let you know. You might want to look into a Manx rescue.

Hey CC, just so you know. A Manx litter can have littermates with no tails at all, or a tail that looks like it’s been docked or a bunny rabbit tail or a normal looking tail. One of ours has no tail at all and the other one has enough tail for both of them. Like I said, they are brothers, we got them from a rescue and they were papered so I know they are brothers.

Jennifer's Pet Rescue. They go to the Hiram PetsMart on weekends. All are fostered so you can get their temperament and personality from their fosters. It's $200 whch reimburses them for the cost of getting the animal spayed/neutered and getting their shots up to date. They also accept donations. We got our rescue from them and he's the best, most affectionate, playful dog I've had.

Hey CC, just so you know. A Manx litter can have littermates with no tails at all, or a tail that looks like it’s been docked or a bunny rabbit tail or a normal looking tail. One of ours has no tail at all and the other one has enough tail for both of them. Like I said, they are brothers, we got them from a rescue and they were papered so I know they are brothers.

I am taking care of a feral/ stray since late Aug of this year I have wondered if he has Manx in him as his tail is only about 1 1/2" long beautiful dark grey markings He still won't let me pick him up or pet him but it's ok for him to touch me lol

I am taking care of a feral/ stray since late Aug of this year I have wondered if he has Manx in him as his tail is only about 1 1/2" long beautiful dark grey markings He still won't let me pick him up or pet him but it's ok for him to touch me lol

My cats don’t really like me holding them but pets and rubs.....they are all in! I get carried away with these two cats cause I just love them.

• Like 1