Paulding.com

All shook up

Yes, unfortunately I was up.

Sat down to start to work and felt the "wave" then trembles --- guessed right that it was an earthquake ==> WOW. Even the dog and one cat in the room was like "what?!?!?!".

Didn't feel the aftershock.

what a way to start a day ......

• Like 1

I have visited San Francisco 4 times and was always scared that one would hit while on one of their bridges...but never felt a thing while there..and to think I slept through one ( thank goodness not as strong as them out west) right here at home kind of freaks me out lol...Blondie my cats aren’t talking either...but they are laying low to the floor lol.

• Like 1

I have to admit I'm not terribly impressed by a 4.4 level earthquake.

... and No I've never lived in California or refer to the San Andreas fault.

But maybe you've heard of the the New Madrid fault. Grew up about 20 miles east of that fault line and my dad, when he remarried after my mom's death, lived on a farm right next to it. The wiki says there have been about 4000 'quakes' along the New Madrid fault since 1974 - about 100 a year. Not all of them are large enough to be felt but over the course of a year the frequency was close to monthly.

The catastrophic predictions of a 'big one' there was in part responsible for my migration from northeastern Arkansas to Georgia 30 years ago.

Social media, remarking on the eastern TN earthquake we experienced, were concerned it might spark a major quake along the New Madrid, MO fault. Article.

pubby

I didn't feel this one and neither did my dogs. I guess it's a myth that animals act crazy before events like that LOL. I did feel the 2001 one in Alabama. My then-husband sat straight up and said "that's an earthquake" and I told him he was confused. He grew up in L. A and knows what they feel like. Hope we don't have a bigger one out here.

• Like 1