Paulding.com

Jumbo Shrimp - and other absolutely non-political things that make no sense

Today in the mail were two pieces from the insurance company. One was a check for over payment on an auto policy. The other was a bill for another auto policy for 10 times the amount of the check.

What ya got?

• Like 2

Back when there were long distance cards, I over paid on my MCI card one month. For the next year they spent $1.00 a month on postage and at least 50c on paper and handling to send me a bill telling me I had a 31c credit.

They should have mailed me a check.

Back in the 80's I was living in a house off Austell Rd. For some reason the cable company stopped sending bills. Well you don't really "miss" paying a bill when your young and broke. So it was a couple three months before it dawned on me that there'd been no bill. By that time if I say something its a bigger bill than I can pay, so I just shut up and waited for them to shut it off.

Yeah I know I'm an awful person and all, but that was free cable for about two years until we moved.

• Like 1

Back in the 80's I was living in a house off Austell Rd. For some reason the cable company stopped sending bills. Well you don't really "miss" paying a bill when your young and broke. So it was a couple three months before it dawned on me that there'd been no bill. By that time if I say something its a bigger bill than I can pay, so I just shut up and waited for them to shut it off.

Yeah I know I'm an awful person and all, but that was free cable for about two years until we moved.

I remember back in the eighties if you knew how to climb a pole, you could cut on the cable for your house. For free.

I remember back in the eighties if you knew how to climb a pole, you could cut on the cable for your house. For free.

For Christmas one year, I planned to give my girlfriend and her kids their first big tv and cable for the first time. I got them all out of the house for the day the installer was coming. He shows up and I open the door to a guy I once gave a place to stay when he had nowhere to go.

Christmas morning they woke up to a "big screen" (it was the 80's, so it was like 36") playing in the living room with a mile long line of the filters they used back then to let the premium channels thru to the box. Every channel they had and I had prepaid a year of basic cable.

• Like 2

For Christmas one year, I planned to give my girlfriend and her kids their first big tv and cable for the first time. I got them all out of the house for the day the installer was coming. He shows up and I open the door to a guy I once gave a place to stay when he had nowhere to go.

Christmas morning they woke up to a "big screen" (it was the 80's, so it was like 36") playing in the living room with a mile long line of the filters they used back then to let the premium channels thru to the box. Every channel they had and I had prepaid a year of basic cable.

After my divorce, I was living in a little rental house and had arranged for basic cable to be installed.

I took off early from work to meet the installer at the house.

I was still wearing my Kroger name tag when he showed up. We had a little chat and come to find out he also worked PT as Kroger for some extra money. He did his thing to hook up basic cable for me. The really cheap stuff.

As he was leaving he says, "I went ahead and turned on everything for you. They'll probably catch it and turn it off, but you'll have it for a while."

I lived in that rental house for almost 2 years and paid for the cheapest basic cable while still having the full spectrum of channels.

Edited by Blondiega1
  • Like 2