Paulding.com

Atlanta United

We got tickets to a regular season game this year. It was great experience to feel the enthusiasm of the crowd there.

We had a party Sat night and I missed seeing the game, but congratulate the team!

Having two kids that played at the select level for six years each really helps in understanding the subtle parts of the game.

• Like 2

Congrats UTD! So excited for the team and for the city. Hopefully this is the first of many championships for the Five Stripes and it trickles over into our other sports. My oldest son's friend has played soccer since he was 3 and my son started playing in the past few years which got his younger brother interested too. We've started watching soccer the past couple of years and even went to an Atlanta United game this year. It's a nonstop sport but there's a lot about it I still don't know. And yes, he's mastered the art of the flop. LOL.

• Like 1

Congrats UTD! So excited for the team and for the city. Hopefully this is the first of many championships for the Five Stripes and it trickles over into our other sports. My oldest son's friend has played soccer since he was 3 and my son started playing in the past few years which got his younger brother interested too. We've started watching soccer the past couple of years and even went to an Atlanta United game this year. It's a nonstop sport but there's a lot about it I still don't know. And yes, he's mastered the art of the flop. LOL.

I got interest in soccer several years ago during World Cup when I was lay up with broken foot. Did go to one at 1996 Olympics.

Soccers is kinda like Baseball. On the surface, pretty simple game, Pitcher throws the ball, guy at the plate tries to hit it and get around the bases if successful. Other than that, I don't know much so I don't understand the strategies underneath.

On the surface, soccer is pretty simple. Kick the ball around until someone gets it in the goal. But there is a log going on underneath that you may not know about unless you understand the game.

All the same, I can watch either and with enough friends around, have a good time. Go Five Stripes!

It's a fast-paced game. Two 45-minute halves with a 10-15 minute halftime, no timeouts, no changing offense/defense, just going nonstop. If there's an injury or a flop, the ref adds that time delay to the end of the game, so at 90' it'll be +2 or however many minutes the game was delayed while someone rolled around on the ground. It's great when your kids play it. You know when the clock runs out the game's done regardless win, lose, or tie. No overtime, no extra innings, just *clock* *whistle* *done*.

Edited by J'smom