Paulding.com

Radio station bans Holiday song

A Ohio radio station has banned Dean Martin's "Baby it's cold Outside". It is due to people thinking a man is forcing a woman to do something she is not willing to do. This song has been around for years. Now all of a sudden it is offensive. Any thoughts out there?

Edited by mimosaflower

A Ohio radio station has banned Dean Martin's "Baby it's cold Outside". It is due to people thinking a man is forcing a woman to do something she is not willing to do. This song has been around for years. Now all of a sudden it is offensive. Any thoughts out there?

Just wait. Rudolph will be next.

Libtards will say its full of Bullying! lol

• Like 2

Ridiculous.

This is about as silly as the ones recently offended with the Charlie Brown / Peanuts Special.

My Mom passed in 07, I can still remember 55+ years ago when I whined at her about being called “A 4 Eyed Carrot Top”. She told me advice like “Get Thicker Skin” “Toughen Up” “Get Real” “Get A Life” “Sticks And Stones May Break Your Bones But Words Will Never Hurt You” “Now Get Back In The Yard And Play, Suppers A Cooking And Don’t Make Me Come Looking For You”. I knew I dare not whine at Daddy Over such silly things.

Mom & Dad were loyal Blue Dog Democrats, just like the vast majority in our community. They would laugh you out of town if anyone had memotioned being Politically Correct.

Just wait. Rudolph will be next.

Libtards will say its full of Bullying! lol

Actually the Ohio station took a poll, Ohio is a Red State Ohio is so red (Republicans have controlled the Ohio governorship for 34 of the past 50 years). everytime Donald Trump crosses his legs John Kasich gets a bloody nose.

Hint ; everything that upsets you is not some Liberals fault.

BTW It's a known fact that Santa Claus is a registered DEMOCRAT.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/30/radio-station-bans-baby-its-cold-outside-after-metoo-protest-over-predatory-lyrics-8195746/

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

... BTW It's a known fact that Santa Claus is a registered DEMOCRAT...

I think it all depends on who you ask about Santa Claus’ Political affiliation.

Here’s a report I found where the results kind of lean to my way of thinking on the subject.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/12/22/is-santa-a-republican-or-a-democrat/

I am a Christmas-hating Grinch anyway - surprise! :rolleyes: - and if they played no Christmas music at all I would be just fine with that.

(Although I do like the Little Drummer Boy song...until I have heard it for the umpteenth time).

Oh yeah...UGH @ the political comments. It is possible for someone to be offended, even by something so silly as this, without politics entering into it at all.

I guess some people just can't help themselves.

Actually the Ohio station took a poll, Ohio is a Red State Ohio is so red (Republicans have controlled the Ohio governorship for 34 of the past 50 years). everytime Donald Trump crosses his legs John Kasich gets a bloody nose.

Hint ; everything that upsets you is not some Liberals fault.

BTW It's a known fact that Santa Claus is a registered DEMOCRAT.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/30/radio-station-bans-baby-its-cold-outside-after-metoo-protest-over-predatory-lyrics-8195746/

The station had 1 caller that called in and complained. The station stopped playing the song. Who gives a rats a$$ about John Kasich?

And I have to ask you why does Donald Trumps crotch bother you so much? Are you jealous? I mean you are always posting about his crotch... :pardon: Just an observation...

i didnt know I was upset. Thank you for pointing that out.