Paulding.com

Missionary killed by island tribe

I'm really sorry to say this but this guy had absolutely no business being there! So he thought it was his duty, like so many others, to bring religion to a people who had lived in peace for hundreds, maybe thousands of years according to some news reports. He wanted to save their soles by teaching them about sin and guilt and burning in hell forever if they didn't believe as he did, something that they had never even conceived of before. They had lived happy, disease free, GUILT free lives without being infiltrated by outsiders, and they knew it was better to keep it that way. Again, I'm sorry but I think he got what he deserved and everyone who helped him should be prosecuted. I hope they can dispose of his body in a safe way without exposing themselves to diseases, including our religions!

• Like 5

I'm really sorry to say this but this guy had absolutely no business being there! So he thought it was his duty, like so many others, to bring religion to a people who had lived in peace for hundreds, maybe thousands of years according to some news reports. He wanted to save their soles by teaching them about sin and guilt and burning in hell forever if they didn't believe as he did, something that they had never even conceived of before. They had lived happy, disease free, GUILT free lives without being infiltrated by outsiders, and they knew it was better to keep it that way. Again, I'm sorry but I think he got what he deserved and everyone who helped him should be prosecuted. I hope they can dispose of his body in a safe way without exposing themselves to diseases, including our religions!

Not everyone believes in the Bible...but if you do then you would know that it was his duty to spread the gospel...how it is received is up to the individuals...but nobody deserves to be killed for what he did. But this is just my opinion...and I’ll take the Bible over anybody’s word.

Not everyone believes in the Bible...but if you do then you would know that it was his duty to spread the gospel...how it is received is up to the individuals...but nobody deserves to be killed for what he did. But this is just my opinion...and I’ll take the Bible over anybody’s word.

Somehow I would like to think God gave us common sense for a reason.

This was a protected island and a protected tribe. No one is allowed to visit these people. The young man had already been shot at with an arrow and retreated. Somehow I think he wasn’t listening to what God was trying to tell him. He tried, he failed, he should have left. He would still be alive.

• Like 1

He came to a place where he was unwelcome, and now he'll get to meet Jesus a little sooner than anticipated. The history of people trying to spread Christianity hasn't alway benefitted people who didn't want to be converted in the first place; this moron got what he deserved.

• Like 1

He came to a place where he was unwelcome, and now he'll get to meet Jesus a little sooner than anticipated. The history of people trying to spread Christianity hasn't alway benefitted people who didn't want to be converted in the first place; this moron got what he deserved.

A lot of people come to my door...don't mean I have the right to shoot them

• Like 1