Paulding.com

Wages and Salaries Jump 3.1%, highest in a decade!

Months old articles.

Swing and a miss

Edited by Guard Dad
  • Like 1

Cain - It's fair to point out that if you're that concerned about how far our money goes, then perhaps you should be concerned about tax increases from certain candidates. Ms. Abrams has clearly stated that she will push for a massive tax increase in Georgia, and the minority party has also said they will try and raise taxes if they regain control of the House.

This would impact our actual spending power much more than the factors you posted.

Just a question out of curiosity...if social security was cut or gotten rid of completely wouldn’t that be bad for the economy? I mean if some that rely on SS as a major factor of income lose that it would mean a loss of buying which would hurt economy in the long run. I know you are not supposed to rely on SS as your major income..but a lot of people do.I remember when Bush was president and he gave those rebate checks to Americans to booster the economy, so it makes sense if something is taken away it would have a negative impact.

Just a question out of curiosity...if social security was cut or gotten rid of completely wouldn’t that be bad for the economy? I mean if some that rely on SS as a major factor of income lose that it would mean a loss of buying which would hurt economy in the long run. I know you are not supposed to rely on SS as your major income..but a lot of people do.I remember when Bush was president and he gave those rebate checks to Americans to booster the economy, so it makes sense if something is taken away it would have a negative impact.

If SS was abruptly cut off, it would be very bad in many ways.

But seriously...no one is even remotely suggesting that. Some, such as myself have suggested that we might begin to phase back out of Social Security (it really is a rotten deal for us), but that would not keep people who are currently drawing or soon to be drawing from getting theirs. It would only people in the future. We made a commitment to the people who have paid in to the system and there is zero doubt that we will keep that promise.

If anyone is telling you that SS will just be cut off, they are lying to you and using fear tactics. Frankly, I think it highly unlikely that SS will even be phased out in a manner as I described above. It's a political hot potato that no one wants to touch.

Edited by Guard Dad
  • Like 2

Right back to the insults, I see.

Please put aside your hate for a moment and be glad for your fellow Americans.

I'm sure you would prefer to post your half truths and BS without any push back but that's just not going to happen.

So blow your nose wipe those tears and get over it.

I'm sure you would prefer to post your half truths and BS without any push back but that's just not going to happen.

So blow your nose wipe those tears and get over it.

Ya know...you can disagree and debate without being nasty.

Oh and, everything I posted is 100% correct and verifiable.

You should have taken your own advice long ago, now I'm afraid that train has left the station.

I only gave back what I received, and your recent PM to me stepped way far over the line.

Even so, I am going to do my very best to remain civil, so if you are intent on continuing the hate, it will be on you.

• Like 1

"He said this!"

"He said this to me first!"

"He said something worse to me!"

"He keeps it going!"

You two need to learn to be adults. Either learn that words can cut like a knife and realize you don't have to hit back 10 times harder to keep your manhood, or just take a chill out period. Learn to act like adults.

Thread closed.